Mine came in today! Now just need to get to the sim so I can put my SZ against the tour length XB. Excited to drop my Velocore into the XB as well

Also, its the small things but the new headcover seems much easier to put on. That SZ headcover was TIGHT (at least the Pars and Stripes one is)

Looks awesome, was yours built by club champion? If I remember correctly you got fit there correct? Did you ask them to set the shaft with the VeloCore graphics on the top side?

Yes I was fit at CC and that is just the way they built the club.

Right on, looking forward to hearing how you like this one compared to the speedzone
Yes I was fit at CC and that is just the way they built the club.

The RADSpeed and ST-Z are on my shortlist for drivers to buy this year. I hit the RADSpeed inside a few days ago on a GC2 and really love the looks, sound, and spin numbers I was getting. I'm not sure if I'll wind up with both, but that is certainly possible as my Epic SZ is 4 years old now, so it's easy to justify getting a couple of drivers this year. I am super excited for the courses to open up and with the long-range forecast that should be in about 3-4 weeks. I'm still old-school and need to see the flight outside before choosing a shaft as the SIM numbers aren't enough for me.

Spent some time here looking in to the XD version last night. I think that is the one for me. Anything to help eliminate the right side some and still have the kind of distance that is packed in to this club can't hurt. Have next Friday off so I'll be heading to PGASS to hit all the options I can hit and make a final decision, but this one seems like a no brainer.

Right on, looking forward to hearing how you like this one compared to the speedzone

Yes sir! Playing this weekend and will share some thoughts post round!

Reactions: MH
This is why I love the Cobra drivers... I just have full confidence to swing away. Not that I've ever skyed one........ 😉
THP'ers never do stuff like that...

Yes sir! Playing this weekend and will share some thoughts post round!

I wasn’t a big fan of the last year’s SZ Extreme sound, does the Radspeed XB sound better? I loved the sound of the F9 the best. Does the XB head in the Matte color look any bigger than SZ Extreme? Hard to tell in pics.

I wasn’t a big fan of the last year’s SZ Extreme sound, does the Radspeed XB sound better? I loved the sound of the F9 the best. Does the XB head in the Matte color look any bigger than SZ Extreme? Hard to tell in pics.

Here are the heads side by side:

16BC3023-9563-4B75-A5E7-937C22ECCBE6.jpeg
Sound wise, I feel the RAD is a touch more muted.

By that pic it almost looks smaller...the XB I mean

Closer view. The pictures make it seem that way, but I don’t think it is.

672EB14D-3650-44E8-81B2-D667510B64FD.jpeg

Attachments

• EA56F8D5-6C7A-4C43-A895-1F5A34A82961.jpeg
    EA56F8D5-6C7A-4C43-A895-1F5A34A82961.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 3
I think it’s the finish that gives it that look in the pics.

I think it’s the finish that gives it that look in the pics.
Thanks for that I agree. Have you hit them side by side yet? I'm so curious the difference in spin between those 2.

Closer view. The pictures make it seem that way, but I don’t think it is.

View attachment 8995373

Matte finish def plays a role but the Radspeed appears to have a more pointed back to it and/or the SZ looks more rounded. This seem that way to you? Btw thanks for the pics and info.

Thanks for that I agree. Have you hit them side by side yet? I'm so curious the difference in spin between those 2.

I did when I got fitted. RAD was better all around.

Matte finish def plays a role but the Radspeed appears to have a more pointed back to it and/or the SZ looks more rounded. This seem that way to you? Btw thanks for the pics and info.

I would agree with you there.

Just got back from hitting in the sim. The radspeed for me is really low spin. My F9 with the ventus red, weight forward was averaging 2400 spin. The radspeed with ventus red and the weight in the back was averaging 2100 spin. Decided to try the weight forward and I couldn't get the spin above 1800, it was unplayable for me with that weight configuration.

Just got back from hitting in the sim. The radspeed for me is really low spin. My F9 with the ventus red, weight forward was averaging 2400 spin. The radspeed with ventus red and the weight in the back was averaging 2100 spin. Decided to try the weight forward and I couldn't get the spin above 1800, it was unplayable for me with that weight configuration.
This is why I went with the RDX over the F1. Low/low shaft with an ultra low spin head sounds like a disaster for my swing. Kinda of getting nervous that I ordered the wrong head tbh

I have a Ventus Black on the way and I'm sure it's going too be too low spin combined with the head. The Red is perfect for me. Really makes me wonder if the XB would have been better for me.

I don't like getting fit in a bay because I swear my swing is different when I play versus the range. So I gathered all the R flex Cobra shafts and will give it a try playing. The RDX blue from this year doesn't come in R flex, so I have last year's Tensei. All tour length, so the drivers play at 44.5 inches.

If someone is in the Los Angeles area, you can fit yourself too...haha..

PXL_20210227_072211246.MP.jpg

Tomorrow is the day and I am so damn pumped to get 18 in!

Back