I haven’t decided yet but is an extra 10-15 yds “potentially” worth giving up a fairway finder? I don’t know that it is
It wouldn't be for me, but recently I haven't' experienced what folks would call a fairway finder

It wouldn't be for me, but recently I haven't' experienced what folks would call a fairway finder
Try the XB and you will

I guess it depends how much your dispersion changes with the standard. If, and I am assuming, the weight in back brings the standard close to the XB, it seems like the best of both worlds to have a bomber option or fairway finder in the same head.
It’s funny in my testing so far I’m getting more ball speed with the XB 🤯 not sure if I just hit the center more or what it is but that’s my experience so far. That being said I did see some crazy good numbers at THP HQ with the regular head so I need more testing

I
Try the XB and you will
I sprayed the XB all over the park last week while sending RadSpeed down broadway, which is counter to the design thoughts but who knows? Will be spending most of my fitting time on Wednesday trying to get that dialed in

I

I sprayed the XB all over the park last week while sending RadSpeed down broadway, which is counter to the design thoughts but who knows? Will be spending most of my fitting time on Wednesday trying to get that dialed in
Can’t wait to hear all about it

It’s funny in my testing so far I’m getting more ball speed with the XB 🤯 not sure if I just hit the center more or what it is but that’s my experience so far. That being said I did see some crazy good numbers at THP HQ with the regular head so I need more testing
That’s interesting. Yeah my memory of your video with the standard head is what made me think it was a done deal.

That’s interesting. Yeah my memory of your video with the standard head is what made me think it was a done deal.
Internet golfer problems 😂

🚨 *** ALERT *** 🚨

Morgan Cup decision made.

:cobra: RADSPEED XB 9*. HZRDUS RDX Blue. Lofted up to 10*.

🚨 *** ALERT *** 🚨

Morgan Cup decision made.

:cobra: RADSPEED XB 9*. HZRDUS RDX Blue. Lofted up to 10*.

Nice, you'll like that combo!!! I almost went with it myself

I've had the RadSpeed driver in the bag for a couple rounds now. Swing is still hot garbage, but I've found a couple things that have helped me a fair bit, and I was hitting some draws by the end of the day which is a great sign.

I've got a couple of easy on the top thoughts so far that I have been eager to share;

First, the presentation is awesome. I really like the way it sets up to the ball, and as much as I don't want to admit it, the crown wrapping the top of the head is a big confidence booster when it comes to not only hitting it without fear of high on the face, but letting others hit it without the dreaded skymark whoopsy.

Second, the ball speed I saw went over 170mph on the GCQuad, which is about as fast as I've ever seen if memory serves. That is just monstrous for me.

Third, the launch when I square the head is quite a bit lower than I'd expect. I'm used to a high ball and I am definitely not getting a high ball even with the driver dialed up to 10 degrees of loft, which is AWESOME. I love that kind of result because it means I have a chance in hell of getting roll.

Finally, the sound definitely surprised me. When I hit it square on the middle of the face, it is definitely louder than I'd expect and maybe louder than I would prefer. I pretty much base anything Cobra does against the F9 now, as I found that head to be spectacular in so many ways, and this is definitely louder. I've head some feedback suggesting the same, and I really want to get a couple of my local friends to hit it for themselves as they both have F9 in the bag. At some point, I'll be able to bring that feedback but I'd prefer to do it on the range where we can get their shafts plugged in so they can have an apples to apples.

I've had the RadSpeed driver in the bag for a couple rounds now. Swing is still hot garbage, but I've found a couple things that have helped me a fair bit, and I was hitting some draws by the end of the day which is a great sign.

I've got a couple of easy on the top thoughts so far that I have been eager to share;

First, the presentation is awesome. I really like the way it sets up to the ball, and as much as I don't want to admit it, the crown wrapping the top of the head is a big confidence booster when it comes to not only hitting it without fear of high on the face, but letting others hit it without the dreaded skymark whoopsy.

Second, the ball speed I saw went over 170mph on the GCQuad, which is about as fast as I've ever seen if memory serves. That is just monstrous for me.

Third, the launch when I square the head is quite a bit lower than I'd expect. I'm used to a high ball and I am definitely not getting a high ball even with the driver dialed up to 10 degrees of loft, which is AWESOME. I love that kind of result because it means I have a chance in hell of getting roll.

Finally, the sound definitely surprised me. When I hit it square on the middle of the face, it is definitely louder than I'd expect and maybe louder than I would prefer. I pretty much base anything Cobra does against the F9 now, as I found that head to be spectacular in so many ways, and this is definitely louder. I've head some feedback suggesting the same, and I really want to get a couple of my local friends to hit it for themselves as they both have F9 in the bag. At some point, I'll be able to bring that feedback but I'd prefer to do it on the range where we can get their shafts plugged in so they can have an apples to apples.

this just goes to show how individual sound and feel are. Coming from a TS3 I find the RAD to be super muted and pleasant.

I thought RADSPEED vs XB in demo'ing were very different. RADSPEED was the essence of what I would describe as pentrating. Felt like when hitting the ball center face the weight was right behind the ball and pushing it strait out. Of course off center it felt like the weight was beside, above, or below the ball and putting english on it which is not ideal for this internet golfer. The XB felt like the weight was more spread around and you could hit it all over the face and unless you were very low it was going to have some lift. I don't know that I have hit any other driver that felt as stable as the XB was no matter where I hit it.

Season opener edition. Colors just go perfectly together. (Not mine, found photo on internet)
E7792C97-A79B-40FA-9103-326C0B458FAD.jpeg
8CC80D51-96DA-4297-9BFB-2FE534E94BDA.jpeg

Hit the Xb today, along with a B21. 10.5 and Riptide 5.5 in both. Love the sound of the Xb. Very similar profiles on the sim for me. Little more spin on the 21, was just under 2000 on the Xb, and 2500ish for the 21. Definitely preferred the Xb to the standard Rad I hit about a month ago. Going to try tweaking my Mav a bit more before I make any big changes.

After today’s round my thoughts on driver may be changing 😳

This equipment decision and testing is one of the best parts of the thread. I love to hear the thoughts, considerations and differences as these get sampled.

So I’m going into the formal fitting on Wednesday for a Cobra driver. Been tinkering with the drivers a few times prior. First time was hitting bullets with the RadSpeed and F1. Second time sprayed it around the park but the tee was higher which I think may have influenced it. Third time focused more on the XB, it showed its foregiveness during some of my low heel misses but was leaving a good bit of distance on the table compared to the RadSpeed and still sprayed plenty, including a left miss that is atypical for me. In all cases my low heel miss reared it’s head at times.

Will be interesting to see where I land on Wednesday. I would take the consistency of the fairways but so far, not sure the XB hasn’t really demonstrated that, but how much is sample size? I also wonder how much the slightly smaller profile head helps me with strike? Once drivers got big my accuracy got worse.

So I’m going into the formal fitting on Wednesday for a Cobra driver. Been tinkering with the drivers a few times prior. First time was hitting bullets with the RadSpeed and F1. Second time sprayed it around the park but the tee was higher which I think may have influenced it. Third time focused more on the XB, it showed its foregiveness during some of my low heel misses but was leaving a good bit of distance on the table compared to the RadSpeed and still sprayed plenty, including a left miss that is atypical for me. In all cases my low heel miss reared it’s head at times.

Will be interesting to see where I land on Wednesday. I would take the consistency of the fairways but so far, not sure the XB hasn’t really demonstrated that, but how much is sample size? I also wonder how much the slightly smaller profile head helps me with strike? Once drivers got big my accuracy got worse.
If you are hitting in the heel maybe try Tour Length?

Back