If you are hitting in the heel maybe try Tour Length?
Is that shorter? That's a good idea. It is my typical miss.

🚨🚨Morgan Cup Decision🚨🚨

RadSpeed XB, 10.5 deg, F-3 stiff shaft

Attachments

• FEC43DE6-3629-4D13-B82E-E5C772D1A4C7.jpeg
    FEC43DE6-3629-4D13-B82E-E5C772D1A4C7.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 20
If anyone gets the motore X F3 in stiff and want a regular shaft I have one we could swap!

The driver fitting was a good experience. As I’ve alluded to earlier, I went in open minded. I hit some straight 💣 with the RadSpeed last week but know that my game would likely better fit the XB. So open minded I go.

We start talking about my driving ability, or lack there of at times. I shared how I can miss it both ways and my typical shot shape is a little weak heely cut. It’s not very long but I can tend to control it better than if I really get after one. I mention the suggestion about going an inch shorter. He said we’d look at it.

From there, we started with the XB and the F-3 Stiff shaft at 9 deg to match my current gamer, a Ping G400. It feels really stable, with easy speed, but the launch is a little low. Move into the 10.5 deg head. Getting a little better launch but not a great dispersion.

Moved into the RadSpeed next at 10.5 I believe. The ones I caught were solid and deep. You could really feel the weight behind the ball. But my misses started to get a bit wider compared to the XB. The wide range wasn’t worth the distance to me, back to the XB.

Hit a few more with the XB. Was really starting to get dialed in on the next few shots. Asked my fitter about possibly going shorter to help with strike. He had already snuck the shorter shaft into the rotation! It was the earlier 10.5” with a larger miss while this second go, with tighter dispersion, was back at full length!

He knew that I have a tendency to overthink things during a fitting and didn’t want me to compensate for the change. It was much appreciated on my part.

For fun we did compare a few against my gamer. While the soon to be old gamer has decent forgiveness, it was clearly spinnier for me which caused a loss in distance and the shaft wasn’t as fluid for me, causing me to have more of a timing stroke instead of just letting it go.

Can’t wait to pipe some drives down TPC Las Vegas!

Last edited:

Has anyone been able to do a comparison to determine which colorway is producing the highest ball speeds? LOL

I am taking a standard RadSpeed out for a spin this afternoon. I am looking forward to it.

Has anyone been able to do a comparison to determine which colorway is producing the highest ball speeds? LOL

I am taking a standard RadSpeed out for a spin this afternoon. I am looking forward to it.
Gotta be Peacoat right? ;)

I'm hoping Peacoat is the hot one 🔥

Got my weights in today, cut down to tour length and put in the extra weight. Can’t wait to get out on Saturday.

I got out for 9 holes after work and I will provide a little summary. The driver is the standard Peacot head, 9 degrees, heavy weight forward. The shaft is Hzrdus Blue 60 gram, 6.0. The driver is one half inch longer than standard. Standing over it, it does seem long, but nothing that bothered me. The counterbalanced shaft made the driver feel fine.

I was able to hit a few balls on the range before the round. The ball flight looked really good, as did the distance, but the range balls were not the best, so I was not going to draw any conclusions. Stepped up to the first tee and, boom, 310 yards right in the middle of the fairway. No wind behind me. No elevated tee box. Just a mammoth drive for me. I hit driver 5 times and was in the fairway 4. I am going to need more time with it, but it may be my pick for best driver for me of the 2021 releases.

2E69F794-D65F-4412-9615-F786BA6F07F3.jpeg1823743F-2428-45AD-B869-6332C04F4753.jpeg

It was silly long for me in that configuration when I centered one..... If I can get better with my strike over the coming year I may have to add one to the collection...

Have you guys seen the white headed HULK version out now? It doesn't appear to be on their website but I saw one in store yesterday and it looked awesome....I'm tempted... lol

EDIT: My bad.....I see it on the prior page! lol...

I got out for 9 holes after work and I will provide a little summary. The driver is the standard Peacot head, 9 degrees, heavy weight forward. The shaft is Hzrdus Blue 60 gram, 6.0. The driver is one half inch longer than standard. Standing over it, it does seem long, but nothing that bothered me. The counterbalanced shaft made the driver feel fine.

I was able to hit a few balls on the range before the round. The ball flight looked really good, as did the distance, but the range balls were not the best, so I was not going to draw any conclusions. Stepped up to the first tee and, boom, 310 yards right in the middle of the fairway. No wind behind me. No elevated tee box. Just a mammoth drive for me. I hit driver 5 times and was in the fairway 4. I am going to need more time with it, but it may be my pick for best driver for me of the 2021 releases.

View attachment 9000998View attachment 9000999
Wow!!! That's silly long. Sounds like you found your swing again too.

So last year I bought the Speedzone Xtreme Pars and Stripes, which I love. I’m also very much a beginner and I’m still learning how to get consistent results from my driver. Finally, I’ve definitely spent more then enough money on golf clubs for the foreseeable future.

With all that said, is it bad I read through this thread and immediately looked to see how hard it would be to snag a peacoat Radspeed XB :)?

So last year I bought the Speedzone Xtreme Pars and Stripes, which I love. I’m also very much a beginner and I’m still learning how to get consistent results from my driver. Finally, I’ve definitely spent more then enough money on golf clubs for the foreseeable future.

With all that said, is it bad I read through this thread and immediately looked to see how hard it would be to snag a peacoat Radspeed XB :)?
It only means that you are like the rest of us. 😂

This is probably a really stupid question, but I'm a total noob when it comes to this stuff, so here goes: could I replace the stock shaft for the Radspeed XB head with my current Ventus Blue shaft from my current Speedzone? I feel that they must be compatible but I'm not 100% sure.

Last edited:
This is probably a really stupid question, but I'm a total noob when it comes to this stuff, so here goes: could I replace the stock shaft for the Radspeed XB head with my current Ventus Blue shaft? I feel that they must be compatible but I'm not 100% sure.

As long as it has the cobra adapter you’ll be good to go. Edit: Yes the shaft from your Speed Zone will definitely be plug and play.

As long as it has the cobra adapter you’ll be good to go. Edit: Yes the shaft from your Speed Zone will definitely be plug and play.

Thanks @Jaymo37 - much appreciated. After seeing your comment I edited my post to clarify upfront about using my current Speedzone shaft in a new Radspeed XB.

Is it possible to change weights so driver will have more spin seems everyone is going to low spin but I always feel I need more spin around 3000 or little more to get where I need to be thanks

Is it possible to change weights so driver will have more spin seems everyone is going to low spin but I always feel I need more spin around 3000 or little more to get where I need to be thanks
I imagine 3000 is too much spin and you're not seeing optimal numbers, unless you're trying to fly very high and stop dead.
Maybe a shaft change?

Moving the heavy weight back in the RADSPEED will increase spin a touch, but the shaft pairing can also add a few hundred RPM as well.

Back