Done.

So I had a driver fitting yesterday and it came down to the XB and SIM2. Numbers were slightly better on SIM2 but that was with a 9* head and they only had the XB in 10.5. I wasn't biting on a $444 up charge on the RDX Blue USA theme shaft for paint so Budget had a lefty 9* in stock and I just pulled the trigger. 90 day Test Drive at Budget is a nice feature.

Honestly I couldn't believe the lower spin and increased carry over my G400 MAX with a V2 shaft. Not even close. 14 yards carry increase and over 800 spin drop. I guess I needed a fitting.

Cobra Radspeed XB 9* with Project X HZRDUS RDX Blue 60 S in Peacoat/Red. Should have it in 2 days. :)

wow that's a big drop in spin. Can't wait to hear how it works for you when you get it in hand.

Done.

So I had a driver fitting yesterday and it came down to the XB and SIM2. Numbers were slightly better on SIM2 but that was with a 9* head and they only had the XB in 10.5. I wasn't biting on a $444 up charge on the RDX Blue USA theme shaft for paint so Budget had a lefty 9* in stock and I just pulled the trigger. 90 day Test Drive at Budget is a nice feature.

Honestly I couldn't believe the lower spin and increased carry over my G400 MAX with a V2 shaft. Not even close. 14 yards carry increase and over 800 spin drop. I guess I needed a fitting.

Cobra Radspeed XB 9* with Project X HZRDUS RDX Blue 60 S in Peacoat/Red. Should have it in 2 days. :)
I don't think I could stomach that upcharge either but man 800 RPM is a nice improvement.

Done.

What was the spin with the G400 Max?

I have a feeling there is about to be a RADSPEED love fest with some Morgan Cuppers in this thread.

What was the spin with the G400 Max?

I was struggling mid 3000’s and even higher.

XB averaged 2477, similar to Sim2.

Cannot wait to get my hands on the RadSpeed XB....gimme the forgiveness, and distance and.....!

Cannot wait to get my hands on the RadSpeed XB....gimme the forgiveness, and distance and.....!

you and me both. Can't wait to hit my RadSpeed XB

Cannot wait to get my hands on the RadSpeed XB....gimme the forgiveness, and distance and Peacoat!!
Finished it for you! 😉🤣

Cannot wait to get my hands on the RadSpeed XB....gimme the forgiveness, and distance and that sound!
I like this finish better ;)

(although the peacoat looks sharp and will be on my fairway woods)

you and me both. Can't wait to hit my RadSpeed XB

Count me into that camp as well. Am so excited to get it in hand, have a feeling this could be the one!

Was set on picking up a B21, but seeing a lot of good info on the Radspeed XD...anyone hit both? My swing isn’t getting fixed anytime soon...just getting back into golf, wondering about which may help more than the other with the “power fade”.

Has anyone here removed the Arccos grip and replaced with another grip on the XB? It says it’s 46” with Arccos grip, and 45 3/4 without. Wondering what that does to swingweight if I need to buy weights or just a little lead tape.

Has anyone here removed the Arccos grip and replaced with another grip on the XB? It says it’s 46” with Arccos grip, and 45 3/4 without. Wondering what that does to swingweight if I need to buy weights or just a little lead tape.
1/2” off the shaft is 3 swing weight points so 1/4” might affect it some but my guess it’s negligible depending on the grip

arccos claims the grip is SW neutral but they don't state a weight so this is a marginal marketing claim at best. It would suggest the standard grip weight of 50g which is typical grip weight. If you installed a 50g grip and lost the 1/4 inch that would be 1.5sw loss. Likely not noticable unless the orignal SW was on the edge of too light for you.

Thx guys. I’ll wait a bit when my new driver arrives tomorrow just to be sure it fits me before replacing the grip because I got a 90 day trial from Budget. I just didn’t like the Arccos when I tried last year, made me distracted.

i have the same grip I think on the prior model cobra and feel the same as you. Still, I have not seen a reason to replace the grip but likely will in a couple of months. The other note is that the stated swing weights are ranges and the shaft you select will change it. My club came in lighter feeling than I liked and ordered an extra weight and it had nothing to do with the grip. I have a SW scale so I have data to back up my hypersensitivity

i have the same grip I think on the prior model cobra and feel the same as you. Still, I have not seen a reason to replace the grip but likely will in a couple of months. The other note is that the stated swing weights are ranges and the shaft you select will change it. My club came in lighter feeling than I liked and ordered an extra weight and it had nothing to do with the grip. I have a SW scale so I have data to back up my hypersensitivity

I’m exactly like you, I have a scale and I’m sensitive to swing weight. My preferred grip now is the TV Plus4.

Was set on picking up a B21, but seeing a lot of good info on the Radspeed XD...anyone hit both? My swing isn’t getting fixed anytime soon...just getting back into golf, wondering about which may help more than the other with the “power fade”.
Seems like there is very little out there on the xd model!? It obviously won't be selling as well as the speed and XB, but I too wonder if it might not be just the ticket for many golfers.

Seems like there is very little out there on the xd model!? It obviously won't be selling as well as the speed and XB, but I too wonder if it might not be just the ticket for many golfers.
Call me a vain internet golfer but, if they had offered it in Peacoat that would be in my MC bag.😎

Has anyone plugged in a Graphite Design AD DI shaft in one of these yet? I have an opportunity to buy one but they are not cheap!

I haven't seen one in the wild yet. I almost thought about going this route but since my miss is already the toe side I feared the big left miss

Has anyone plugged in a Graphite Design AD DI shaft in one of these yet? I have an opportunity to buy one but they are not cheap!

great shaft I’ve played one for years, but their stock offerings are legit so might be though to beat

There’s just something about the Radspeed line that calls to me...maybe it’s a Chad being a Chad. :banana:
I haven't seen one in the wild yet. I almost thought about going this route but since my miss is already the toe side I feared the big left miss
Same thing making me iffy about the B21 and XD. May just end up with the XB, if for no other reason than 1: I need a driver and 2: I’ve never owned a Cobra driver. If I don’t like it, I can just buy a different one. 🤷‍♂️

The XD will be slightly lower launching and lower spinning than the XB. It sits more upright than the XB. One tour player called it “straight af” and almost games it apparently.

I needed a bit of launch and spin so it wasn’t for me but don’t sleep on it. It’s not just for the high cap, large slice golfer.

Plus as @turtleracher said, it’s only one color way.

I know you played the Xtreme last year. Did you get to test the XB next to the Rad? I'm really starting to focus on those two drivers, haven't hit them though. I feel like coming from G400, XB would be the most similar.

Back