I started to take the XB out of the bag for this week and put the Max LS in, but then started looking at stats and I am hitting more fairways with the XB and although it's minimal, average distance is 1 yard further with the XB. Going to keep going until she does me wrong.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So via the MC I got my Cobra clubs. Quite candidly it wasn't like the clubs I was playing were in need of replacement. And my Epic Flash driver was stripping it quite well. Enter the XB and it has performed quite well. I did yank the Tensei Blue shaft and insert a Velocity....But the XB is a very strong performer. My misses are very much in play and my good strikes are at positions as far off the tee as I have been able to muster for a while. The thing that amazes me most is the face. I have stripped this club about 1000 times since acquisition yet the face appears brand new.

So via the MC I got my Cobra clubs. Quite candidly it wasn't like the clubs I was playing were in need of replacement. And my Epic Flash driver was stripping it quite well. Enter the XB and it has performed quite well. I did yank the Tensei Blue shaft and insert a Velocity....But the XB is a very strong performer. My misses are very much in play and my good strikes are at positions as far off the tee as I have been able to muster for a while. The thing that amazes me most is the face. I have stripped this club about 1000 times since acquisition yet the face appears brand new.
I really like the infinity face, like a lot!

1000 times :oops: how much golf do you play? I have like maybe 40 swings on my driver

Its only 10 buckets. :)
Fair point. But thats A LOT of driver swings haha I just looked at my tracked shots from last year and I have 229 recorded shots with driver 🤷‍♂️

The face is funny, because every time I hit it I can look and see where the ball was struck, but there are literally no other marks. It's like just scooting it in and out of the headcover wipes it clean.

1000 times :oops: how much golf do you play? I have like maybe 40 swings on my driver
My man is a golf course rater for Golfweek. He plays every single day almost. I live vicariously through him on our team chat. I sit at work and daydream playing the course he is playing that day.

My man is a golf course rater for Golfweek. He plays every single day almost. I live vicariously through him on our team chat. I sit at work and daydream playing the course he is playing that day.
No kidding? Wow thats pretty cool. I play once a week sometimes two IF I'm lucky haha

Most of the 1000 or about 850 were banged in back yard into my quick up net. Do that about 3 times a week play 2 maybe 3 times a week.

My image is a bit more than reality...Although I do have a mountain of golf lying ahead. 11 rounds in Ireland starting in 12 days, see my post on that in travel section..Did get a date for Merion Labor Day...and did connect with a THPer who has a sweet membership and shall play Boston and Kittansett. Then the Morgan Cup with Wynn, Sand Hollow and Wolf Creek prior. So next couple months will be some fabulous golf.

My image is a bit more than reality...Although I do have a mountain of golf lying ahead. 11 rounds in Ireland starting in 12 days, see my post on that in travel section..Did get a date for Merion Labor Day...and did connect with a THPer who has a sweet membership and shall play Boston and Kittansett. Then the Morgan Cup with Wynn, Sand Hollow and Wolf Creek prior. So next couple months will be some fabulous golf.
You played Oakmont and are getting ready to go to Ireland. Me and @jdtox will definitely let you jockey our desks instead 😂

Until a week or so ago, I had a couple of hundred swings on mine, and the sweet spot remained brand new :LOL:

We had our club championship this weekend and I let the pressure of trying to play too well get to me a bit. I was swinging too hard and let my setup get a little out of whack on the first day and a half. Still though I hit a few fairways and had playable second shots which really points to the stability and forgiveness of the XB. Day two I came out with a better driver swing, and on the last 6 holes my swing was back. One of the guys I played with both days remarked that I was hitting much further the second day off of the tee and I only missed one fairway on the back nine. I didn't play to my average either day (about 10 strokes off each day) and a good portion of that was how quick they had the greens rolling, it certainly wasn't the XB that let me down especially on day two.

not sure if it's the RDX Blue or just the RADSpeed or the combo, but i've hit very few drives that i like with it so far even after swapping the weights. funny thing about the weight swap: i hit some drives before my round on saturday and thought the ball flight hadn't changed much but then i went to the range after my round, and i felt like i was hitting it considerably higher (possibly too high). weird. maybe it's just not meant to be and it wants to be sold. :cautious:

I need to find me a RDX Blue in a 60g 6.5 to test in my RadSpeed XB. Anyone?

not sure if it's the RDX Blue or just the RADSpeed or the combo, but i've hit very few drives that i like with it so far even after swapping the weights. funny thing about the weight swap: i hit some drives before my round on saturday and thought the ball flight hadn't changed much but then i went to the range after my round, and i felt like i was hitting it considerably higher (possibly too high). weird. maybe it's just not meant to be and it wants to be sold. :cautious:
What degree is the head you have? I couldn't tell from the pics. I see you say the results haven't been great but what are you seeing you don't like?

I’m done experimenting with my XB 9* head.

I’ve settled on it set at 10* with 8 grams of weight in back. Mine has the RDX Blue 60g Stiff which seems to fit me perfect.

Guy (a lot younger than I 😀) I beat Friday in my club championship semis was rolling his eyes at some of my drives. I love this driver.

Edit: The Infinity face thats been mentioned a few times here, totally agree. Hit your drive, take a peak at the face to see where you hit it, and wipe off the ball mark with your thumb.

Last edited:
I need to find me a RDX Blue in a 60g 6.5 to test in my RadSpeed XB. Anyone?
i might... which of your recent winnings will you trade for it? :LOL:

What degree is the head you have? I couldn't tell from the pics. I see you say the results haven't been great but what are you seeing you don't like?
9* .... pretty inconsistent and not hitting many good drives with it. i'm not great with a driver in my hands but i should be able to hit something resembling what i'm trying to do at least half the time. i set it on the +1*D setting from the get go but most misses have been right push or right slicey nonsense. right miss is normal for me but it's more often than not a pretty straight push.

9* .... pretty inconsistent and not hitting many good drives with it. i'm not great with a driver in my hands but i should be able to hit something resembling what i'm trying to do at least half the time. i set it on the +1*D setting from the get go but most misses have been right push or right slicey nonsense. right miss is normal for me but it's more often than not a pretty straight push.
You have a 6.5? I thought the one you had was a 6.0. We might could work something out though haha

So glad I went with the regular RAD Speed head in my Morgan Cup bag this year. Much lower launching for me even with heavy weight back and able to work the wall both ways where I wasn't able to do so as easily with the Xtreme last year. I don't always try to work it but I wan't to know I can if needed. I think the key with this head for me was going 10.5 instead of 9* head. I have multiple shafts to try in it and I haven't found a reason to kick out the RDX Blue yet either. Plus peacoat is 🔥

So glad I went with the regular RAD Speed head in my Morgan Cup bag this year. Much lower launching for me even with heavy weight back and able to work the wall both ways where I wasn't able to do so as easily with the Xtreme last year. I don't always try to work it but I wan't to know I can if needed. I think the key with this head for me was going 10.5 instead of 9* head. I have multiple shafts to try in it and I haven't found a reason to kick out the RDX Blue yet either. Plus peacoat is 🔥
The Peacoat does look so fricking good at address! I don't have a huge reason to, but I really want to get my hands on the RDX Blue 60g 6.5. I have the 6.0 right now, and just wondering if it would knock off just a tad of the spin.....

You thinking not enough spin? For the first time in a while I think this is a low spin head from Cobra. That is one of the reasons I went 10.5 this year and while I think the weight forward was pretty good, moving the weight back seems to be the right spot for me at least with this shaft setup. That shaft you have is.... 🔥🔥

I feel like my feelings are all the exact opposite of this post. I love the XB because it doesn't want to work in either direction. I sometimes work it left to right when I don't want to and this driver helps keep me from doing that. 😂

I feel like my feelings are all the exact opposite of this post. I love the XB because it doesn't want to work in either direction. I sometimes work it left to right when I don't want to and this driver helps keep me from doing that. 😂
It seems I can let this XB slide gently to a fade. For me to intentionally draw it requires too much effort. Turn face down oh so slightly, roll right hand under slightly...But the outcomes are slight draw to wth was that...So natural setting, natural grip and just about anywhere on the face creates a near straight ball flight.

Back