So glad I went with the regular RAD Speed head in my Morgan Cup bag this year. Much lower launching for me even with heavy weight back and able to work the wall both ways where I wasn't able to do so as easily with the Xtreme last year. I don't always try to work it but I wan't to know I can if needed. I think the key with this head for me was going 10.5 instead of 9* head. I have multiple shafts to try in it and I haven't found a reason to kick out the RDX Blue yet either. Plus peacoat is 🔥
They way you talk about it makes me consider adding a RadSpeed head if I can track one down...

They way you talk about it makes me consider adding a RadSpeed head if I can track one down...
The XB is fantastic and if it works it works. I just didn't like how much effort it required to hit a draw or how high it launches for me. I am a high ball hitter these days and it was just too much in my unprofessional opinion.

The XB is fantastic and if it works it works. I just didn't like how much effort it required to hit a draw or how high it launches for me. I am a high ball hitter these days and it was just too much in my unprofessional opinion.
Fair, the XB is point and shoot when I hold up my end of the bargain!

You have a 6.5? I thought the one you had was a 6.0. We might could work something out though haha
I got one a few months back through one of Will People's deals on another site.

You thinking not enough spin? For the first time in a while I think this is a low spin head from Cobra. That is one of the reasons I went 10.5 this year and while I think the weight forward was pretty good, moving the weight back seems to be the right spot for me at least with this shaft setup. That shaft you have is.... 🔥🔥
The shaft will be very hard to part with if I decide to sell the driver. I might throw the stock RDX Blue 6.5 in there and sell it that way and keep the pretty blue Blue because I'm a hoarder of cool things. 😂:cool: Or maybe I split them up when I sell? Add this to the infinite pile of ponderings. o_O

Fair, the XB is point and shoot when I hold up my end of the bargain!
"when I hold up my end of the bargain" pretty much sums it up for me too :LOL:

I really love my RadSpeed XB. The lie at set up and the feel of this driver is perfect for me!

On 18 tee, I was showing my partners and laughing how Arccos was recommending I hit my driver 263 and wedge to the green. Well, I hit it 293 and had a 50° in. Crazy how this driver performs!
095E4F63-87DD-4011-98CC-3D34ABC94607.jpeg

Had the best driving day I could remember!

Kinda thought I was too old to hit a ball so far!! 😎

9502CAF8-3FCB-4374-981A-78BE225CE052.jpeg

I really love my RadSpeed XB. The lie at set up and the feel of this driver is perfect for me!

On 18 tee, I was showing my partners and laughing how Arccos was recommending I hit my driver 263 and wedge to the green. Well, I hit it 293 and had a 50° in. Crazy how this driver performs!
View attachment 9020523

View attachment 9020522
Ugg! My smart distance is your duffed 219 drive! 😥

View attachment 9020523

View attachment 9020522
I have hit some absolute bombs with this driver. Farthest so far is 328! I had some downhill roll on it, but hey, distance is distance, right? lol

I have hit some absolute bombs with this driver. Farthest so far is 328! I had some downhill roll on it, but hey, distance is distance, right? lol

yes sir! My 293 had a tailwind, but I'll take it :cool:

Today was a little weird. Getting more comfortable with the XB and the shaft is starting to feel whippy, so I will have a RDX Blue 6.5 incoming in the next weekish to see if this fixes what is going on. I hit a lot of fairways but lost some distance today. I have the 6.0 now and think this will fix the issue and nock some of the spin off. Pulling it from the bag until the new shaft comes in.

Played mountain golf this weekend in North Carolina so the XB stayed holstered a good bit, find the fairway if you can leave a wedge in, blah, blah, blah….

But on the last hole of the weekend, when my group pulls up to putt out on 17 green, my brother hits a nice one right down the middle of 18. He gives me one of those looks walking off the tee box. I tell him to throw down his headcover to mark his spot in order to give me a target when my group follows up.

I got him by five yards, even catching it a little heel side. 😎

Last edited:
Still love the feeling of confidence this inspires when you step onto the tee box. I've been hitting the 3w so well the last few rounds that the Chief Executive has stayed in his office, but I had a triple on 16 last night so decided to let off some steam. Pulled the headcover and roasted it 270 dead straight into a headwind. Admittedly there was some fury in the swing, but it just felt superb. Leaps off the face with a super high ball flight and just keeps going. Man, I love this driver - and I can't remember the last time I said that!

Today was a little weird. Getting more comfortable with the XB and the shaft is starting to feel whippy, so I will have a RDX Blue 6.5 incoming in the next weekish to see if this fixes what is going on. I hit a lot of fairways but lost some distance today. I have the 6.0 now and think this will fix the issue and nock some of the spin off. Pulling it from the bag until the new shaft comes in.
So, update on this. RDX Blue 6.5 is postponed as I am bidding on an MMT 60x on eBay, which is the same shaft in my EPIC Max LS, that I absolutely love!. Fingers crossed, I win the bid. Bidding concludes on Wednesday afternoon. Fingers crossed because this will be a great shaft to put in the XB head. If I win the bid, once it comes in, I will take it and get an adapter put on and get it in the XB for a go!

So explain the magic in this Infinity face, played a quick 9 yesterday afternoon and on the last hole was just feeling beat after being out working all day. Now my normal strike is right in the middle of the face and fairly straight when I do my job and I average around 220. This hit I just said f it and let it rip! Strike mark on the driver was as high toeside as you can get and still be on the face and boom, draw flight and 287 yds. Longest drive I have ever hit! WTF! 😳
Screenshot_20210809-201807.jpg

So explain the magic in this Infinity face, played a quick 9 yesterday afternoon and on the last hole was just feeling beat after being out working all day. Now my normal strike is right in the middle of the face and fairly straight when I do my job and I average around 220. This hit I just said f it and let it rip! Strike mark on the driver was as high toeside as you can get and still be on the face and boom, draw flight and 287 yds. Longest drive I have ever hit! WTF! 😳
View attachment 9021279
That's a hell of a strike Tim, that driver just suits you down to the ground!

View attachment 9021279
High toe is the place to miss! Low spin bombs come out of that spot!

Now that I'm comfortable with the RADspeed setup I currently have, I might try messing around a bit with some shafts. I am a big fan of the adjustability the standard head affords me compared to the XB.

At a recent fitting I was fit into the RadSpeed XB driver with a UST Mamiya LINQ Purple shaft. I decided to give it a go at Whistling Straits and had one of the best driving days I have had in months.

At a recent fitting I was fit into the RadSpeed XB driver with a UST Mamiya LINQ Purple shaft. I decided to give it a go at Whistling Straits and had one of the best driving days I have had in months.
I'm going to be playing that exact combo this Saturday. Interested to see how they work together!

Some more XB love. Just a fine driver all around. Really gives you the max of what your swing puts into it. A nice mid launch piercing flight. Good roll out. No bias in either direction. I really really love this driver. My stupid thought is "It puts the drive in driver" :p

One thing is for sure, the Cobra Radspeed (stock Radspeed) driver is a current winner for me. I have hit drives with this thing that almost look impossible for a guy my age to hit. My biggest problem is that I am not consistent with my driver or woods lately which of course is the indian and not the arrow.

Back to the driver - I have hit some shots that have turned some heads numerous times. One guy keeps saying the driver is going to come up missing from my bag soon :cool:

Back