Am continuing my love affair with the XB at the moment, forcing myself to pull it out of the bag wherever possible to get into the groove with it. Hit a couple of absolute bombs with it over the weekend, teeing it a lot higher and a bigger turn is making all the difference I think. Sets up beautifully behind the ball and completely addictive when coming out of the screws. What an absolute weapon of a club this is!

Got my swing going last night for a 9 hole jaunt and hit some really nice drives. This driver is so hot off the center of the face. I have been loving off the toe lately hitting it 220 or so. Made a couple of adjustments to the swing this week and started hitting the center of the face. All the sudden every driver is in the 230-240 range. This is going to be a fun driver to compete with. I know there are more adjustable drivers and what not, but man this XB may be the best more forgiving driver any company has made yet. The regular RADSPEED is really good, but this one was just hard to say no to.

Am continuing my love affair with the XB at the moment, forcing myself to pull it out of the bag wherever possible to get into the groove with it. Hit a couple of absolute bombs with it over the weekend, teeing it a lot higher and a bigger turn is making all the difference I think. Sets up beautifully behind the ball and completely addictive when coming out of the screws. What an absolute weapon of a club this is!
I think it's one of my favorite clubs to pull right now.

Figuring out I was playing mine at 46” this weekend, priceless. :LOL:

I didn’t account for the adapter change I had moving it to this one, so, back to 45 we went :LOL:
haha. I have played drivers at 45.5-45.75 for a hot minute now. I think the RadSpeed comes stock at 46". Heck I might be measuring wrong (previously measured with other shaft). I got the LIN-Q purple off a guy and he said it was at 45.5 installed, but I never measured it upon installing it in my XB. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Oh well. It's working haha.

The XB with a standard grip is 45.75” with that RDX Blue. Slightly longer than
my benched Ping G400 MAX.

The XB with a standard grip is 45.75” with that RDX Blue. Slightly longer than
my benched Ping G400 MAX.

Same size as the current G425 at stock.

Really getting to like this Xd. The switch to Srixon soft feel from supersofts has mostly eliminated my left miss, and the added confidence has allowed me to swing harder, I’m up from 200ish to 220-230ish off the tee. Haven’t made any adjustments yet.

When I center this thing it just goes. Playing partner today was is awe of the trajectories I was getting. He kept commenting on how piercing it was.

I didn’t account for the adapter change I had moving it to this one, so, back to 45 we went :LOL:

I can already tell we're going to have to keep an eye on you 😜😂

I can already tell we're going to have to keep an eye on you 😜😂
When I switched out the shaft to Velocitize my XB......I had to insert that Arccos knob on top...Does that thing count in determining the length of the driver....Ha

Sound, and feel, when hit pure are excellent with these Drivers.
I agree. I didn't love the SpeedZone sound or feel and this is so much better

Hit one of the best drives of the year yesterday on a par 5 water on both sides and the fairway was 15yds wide. Split the fairway. Sadly it was only 1 of a couple that were very good

Hit one of the best drives of the year yesterday on a par 5 water on both sides and the fairway was 15yds wide. Split the fairway. Sadly it was only 1 of a couple that were very good
Wow...Have never played a hole with water on both sides and just 15 yards between them...That's tight..:unsure:

Cut down to 45” has been good. Hit driver extremely well over the weekend in the scrambles I played in, let the real long knockers be freed up which is always my goal since im not internet long.

That said, lofted up, weight forward, it’s been good. I get away with more than I should, and the sound/feel is ok enough I can’t really complain too much, especially from what the SpeedZone was there.

Im comfortable with it. That’s big praise.

Played the XB this weekend in my tournament and one of the guys that can absolutely murder the ball, I found myself at his distance or just a tad farther. I didn't keep up with distance, but knowing how far he hits it and I was keeping up with him and sometimes farther made me feel good about the XB being in my bag. Had a couple snap hooks though, which has become my miss when I get real wonky with the driver. I find if I just give a firm smooth swing, the ball just goes! Plus, I won a dozen Z-Starts in the raffle so it was a good day!

Every time I think I want to mess with weights or shafts after a bad showing I have a day like today where its just money. I really enjoy the sound/feel of this driver and oh baby she's good to me on the toe miss.

Had an impromptu session at Golftown yesterday swinging drivers from various manufacturers off the used rack (current to 3 models ago) and the Cobras were far and away the best for me.
My question to those of you who have been lucky to try across the Cobra generations: Is there a tangible difference from F9 - SpeedZone - RadSpeed?
Clearly it is difficult to find a used club that has the right specs/shaft but the savings are massive if I can, but is the RadSpeed good enough to warrant 2-3x the money with a new sticker?

Back