Had an impromptu session at Golftown yesterday swinging drivers from various manufacturers off the used rack (current to 3 models ago) and the Cobras were far and away the best for me.
My question to those of you who have been lucky to try across the Cobra generations: Is there a tangible difference from F9 - SpeedZone - RadSpeed?
Clearly it is difficult to find a used club that has the right specs/shaft but the savings are massive if I can, but is the RadSpeed good enough to warrant 2-3x the money with a new sticker?
Short answer. Yes. Long answer I think the F9 was a fantastic driver, I didn't love the SZ.

Toe misses are so good with the XB…

Really starting to get smitten with this setup…

Agree with this.
Good to know - SZ's can be had for $360CAD new these days, but if they aren't a winner I will wait for the RadSpeeds to drop... just need to go see what shafts work for me.

Side note: It's hilarious how large these heads appear vs. my SL290's head.

even though you shouldn't be hitting driver #BigTour
Hahahaha, fact.

But when my partner hits the short grass I’ve got to be ready to swing free ;)

When I center this thing it just goes. Playing partner today was is awe of the trajectories I was getting. He kept commenting on how piercing it was.
Haha totally agree. I caught a few yesterday that had random playing partners in complete awe of the ball flight.

Short answer. Yes. Long answer I think the F9 was a fantastic driver, I didn't love the SZ.
Agree everyone that I know that had the SZ does not have it anymore. I am pretty sure the opposite will be had with the XB.

Last round before the MC, phone was near dead as I had worked all night before teeing off, so was unable to do arccos during the round, but hit 8 of 13 fairways (62%) which is a little over what I have been averaging since getting the XB. (57%)

Also I think the XB is marketed to a player like me that is maybe above average in accuracy off the tee, and this club can take your driver play to the next level. Going back pre MC driver, I was about 50% off the tee. I shockingly had some really really good rounds off the tee, and then had some just horrible play also off the tee (a few 2/14 rounds).

Worst round for me with the XB is 5/13 FIR) Best round was 13/14 off the tee, and that surprisingly was my very first round with it. I have a 12/14 and two 10/14 rounds also.

Same with me; still have my F9 that I really loved. The SZ had and interesting tech story and color way; but it didn’t perform for me. RadSpeed seems to have a lot of the F9 DNA in it.

I’ve been playing the Speedzone Extreme with good success, I bought a Radspeed XD to play around with this year and after a couple rounds, listed it in the classifieds here. I just prefer the SZ Extreme. I like the sound better and my dispersion is a little better with the Extreme. Distance is similar. Both with same Evenflow 5.5 blue shaft. Radspeed is a “looker“ though. Great driver that should work for most.

Tried messing with some weights and shafts today but nothing seemed to feel just right compared to the setup I was already gaming. Locked and loaded for Vegas!

I really need an XB head in 9* in peacoat... ugh. someone trade me, lol. and I don't know why I'm wanting to mess around. I'm hitting this driver well. I guess because the 2 heads prior were in 9* and I think the 9* would give me just a little more out of it.

@ttucliffhanger I just posted in the Marketplace. Looking to trade my XB Peacoat 9 degree for a 10.5. Send me a message if you wanna talk. 👍

When I center the XB it goes far.…

When I hit the high toe it goes far…

When I catch it in the heel it goes far…

When I don’t rotate and leave the face open it hits the telephone pole across the road hard…..

but still counts as a fairway when I get that members bounce 50 yards back left!

Had a great day driving it today. Kept all but one in play and only had to punch 1 other. I have committed to hitting a fade over the last few weeks. After some wise words from @Master Yagley I stepped behind the ball, picked my line, and envisioned my shot. Then I addressed the ball and swung confidently. I was 7 of 14 on fairways but several were right off the side on the side you wanted to be.

Had an impromptu session at Golftown yesterday swinging drivers from various manufacturers off the used rack (current to 3 models ago) and the Cobras were far and away the best for me.
My question to those of you who have been lucky to try across the Cobra generations: Is there a tangible difference from F9 - SpeedZone - RadSpeed?
Clearly it is difficult to find a used club that has the right specs/shaft but the savings are massive if I can, but is the RadSpeed good enough to warrant 2-3x the money with a new sticker?

I gamed an F9 for a year or so. I can’t speak for the SZ. I have a Radspeed XB currently. I think distance is comparable between F9 and the Radspeed XB. Rad maybe a tad longer. Biggest difference is the forgiveness. Toe, heel, low on the face….It’ll cost you some yards but you are still in the FW. And if you get anywhere near the center it goes and goes.

Tried messing with some weights and shafts today but nothing seemed to feel just right compared to the setup I was already gaming. Locked and loaded for Vegas!
I think you didn't tinker enough, keep trying! 😉
Coming from the guy who just bought his first roll of lead tape! 😳

I think you didn't tinker enough, keep trying! 😉
Coming from the guy who just bought his first roll of lead tape! 😳
You are good, I was tinkering a bit with lead tape last weekend

RadSpeed XB driver continues to treat me well! A8BD3E5E-3D86-4A31-9EED-3DD4B7EFAA90.jpeg

Run with what ya brung!

But dammit it’s fun to tinker. :(

What are folks Morgan Cup week thoughts headed into the event?

For me, I know the driver will more than hold up it’s own and bail me out more than once over the weekend.

Run with what ya brung!

But dammit it’s fun to tinker. :(
Its so fun to tinker. If I had more shafts I probably would have done more honestly LOL

Back