I’ve had the Rad back in the bag while working on the review for the new ACCRA line, and I forgot how firm feeling the driver is overall. I also forgot how freaking low spinning it is for me. Still a little more fadey than I’m comfortable with, but not as much with the past couple models imo. Remains just a really fun driver.
Do you have the 9* or 10.5* head?

Do you have the 9* or 10.5* head?
9, with as stout as the ACCRA is I’ve got it heavy back and turned up, still flat bullets 👀

9, with as stout as the ACCRA is I’ve got it heavy back and turned up, still flat bullets 👀
What kind of spin you seein with that? low 2k? or lower?:oops:

Well.... Finally dumped the XB and am now in a mavrik sub zero (70g x rogue white).
I was hoping to find some of that magic everyone else found but couldn't keep it on the driving range let alone the fairway.
And this wasn't even a problem before. I was just hoping for an easier swinging club... I'm the outlier though I realize that, just really interesting I have better results with the mavrik than this.

can't wait to hear what you experience on course.

Had a chance to get both the XB and Xtreme on the course today for some side by side testing. Didn't have my best swing this morning. Also the course was cart path only after some major rain so it was pretty much hop and stop with not much rollout. So not all that ideal conditions. I used a Graphite Design YS Nano Reloaded 5R shaft as that is the gamer shaft in my Xtreme driver. Plays at 45".

Hitting them side by side:
  • I played a scramble off the tee essentially. The Xtreme won 7 holes and the Rad XB won 6 holes.
  • The Riptide CB shaft is not for me; regardless using at 45" (usual playing length) or full length 46" it was inconsistent, and I seemed to get quick with it in transition leading to some pull hooks.. especially playing it at full length. It led to my only penal misses.
  • When comparing both heads with the same shaft (YS Nano) there wasn't much in them in terms of distance - XB was 5 yds longer on avg. XB hit 2/6 FW and Xtreme 1/6.
  • Both heads sound the same to my ear.
  • The Xtreme head looks a hair more upright when both are in the +1/D setting (setting I used in both today).
  • If you address the ball without any hand manipulation the Xtreme wants to fall open to where the XB is more neutral. I actually prefer the open look with my miss being the low hook.
  • My best drive with each was within 2 yds of each other; so for me it's pretty much strike dependent.
  • Both solid drivers though and keep the ball in play. For me I love the Rad colorway (lime) so looks wise it gets the nod, but how the face sets up and the lie angle it sets at, a nod to the Xtreme.
  • If price was a factor, I would say get the Xtreme as right now it's a $150 cheaper (new) unless, like me, you like one of this year's colorways better then the XB.

Last edited:
won this on instagram recently so will probably give it a whirl. it's the Volition LE version. would prefer the blue crown but the blue RDX Smoke Blue shaft is so money.

1626826669563.png

1626826691960.png

1626826738149.png

Had a good day with the XB today! Had been struggling with the swing and it was still performing, but today everything was on today played 9 holes, hit 6/7 fairways and averaged 272 off the tee.

Pretty decent round with the XB last night, hit a couple of straight up bombs and a couple that were the usual high right. It sits absolutely beautifully to my eye, and the sound at impact is fantastic. The Hzrdus seems to fit it really well, a decent swing on this makes it go long and straight, maybe a slight baby cut but that's in the swing and not the setup. Few more range sessions to properly grain the swing in, and this is going to be a great, great driver.

It’s scramble day at a work event. Time to see what the XB can do when you go after it for an entire round!

It’s scramble day at a work event. Time to see what the XB can do when you go after it for an entire round!

Sounds awesome. Hit em well 👍

I played in a friendly money game last night and as the highest handicap guy there I caught some flack because I didn't miss a fairway until the fifth hole and hit 9/14 for the round with a few pretty long. I even hit one off the toe, way out on the toe where the driver tried to twist in my hands, that made the fairway. Granted it wasn't a great shot but that's pretty darn forgiving in my book. So far I've been super happy with the XB and hopefully I can continue to put some better swings on it with the club championship coming up. For me the driver just works and is solidly in the bag for the foreseeable future.

I even hit one off the toe, way out on the toe where the driver tried to twist in my hands, that made the fairway.

The stability of the club out on the toe has been a huge benefit for me as I tend to miss out there. High slight draw with some roll out is what I see out on that toe. If that is a players miss they will love the RADSPEED lineup I think.

So my Callaway heart got broke today a little. RadSpeed XB out performed the EPIC Max LS. Yellow is the RadSpeed XB and black is the Max LS. Blue is the avg of that club and green is the longest drive with that club. Granted the Max LS has some more rounds under it but I was surprised. The RadSpeed XB felt and sounded better than the Max LS and I love my Max LS. I will be keeping the RadSpeed XB in the bag for a few more rounds before deciding officially who wins the spot but if one round tells anything, the EPIC Max LS needs to worry a little. The Smoke Blue RDX was fantastic! So smooth and it felt a little stiffer than stiff flex, which was absolutely perfect! Launch was a little higher than I’ve been seeing withmy Max LS but that could be I had the RadSpeed XB set to 9* and my Max LS is at 8*.
22F3E97E-84B7-47DF-8B3D-3AE8183120E3.jpeg

So my Callaway heart got broke today a little. RadSpeed XB out performed the EPIC Max LS. Yellow is the RadSpeed XB and black is the Max LS. Blue is the avg of that club and green is the longest drive with that club. Granted the Max LS has some more rounds under it but I was surprised. The RadSpeed XB felt and sounded better than the Max LS and I love my Max LS. I will be keeping the RadSpeed XB in the bag for a few more rounds before deciding officially who wins the spot but if one round tells anything, the EPIC Max LS needs to worry a little. The Smoke Blue RDX was fantastic! So smooth and it felt a little stiffer than stiff flex, which was absolutely perfect! Launch was a little higher than I’ve been seeing withmy Max LS but that could be I had the RadSpeed XB set to 9* and my Max LS is at 8*.
View attachment 9018146
So glad you like it. Man it is an absolutely money setup. So neutral with regards to any bias, but powerful, stable, and forgiving on a lot of the face.

That shaft is siiiick!
It's my favorite part! I think this shaft and the blue crown could be a cool combo to see. I'm leaning towards putting it in play tomorrow at the toughest course in my rotation... fairway wood or 3h is a good backup plan there because driver isn't really needed on many of the holes.

So glad you like it. Man it is an absolutely money setup. So neutral with regards to any bias, but powerful, stable, and forgiving on a lot of the face.
I’ll be honest. I didn’t think my Max LS could be beat. But I want a few more rounds with it to get some overall averages. I’m a hardcore Callaway guy but I want what’s best for my game and the RadSpeed XB is knocking at the door for the spot in my bag. I loved how smooth the shaft was as well. It felt stiffer than a stiff as I had hoped and was just smooth!

The stability of the club out on the toe has been a huge benefit for me as I tend to miss out there. High slight draw with some roll out is what I see out on that toe. If that is a players miss they will love the RADSPEED lineup I think.
I missed there this morning and my group was saying how I just hit a bomb. I didn’t bother to correct them 😎

When I put a good swing on this driver it really has some distance. I’ve developed the dreaded slice but I’m sure that’s on me. Really enjoy the sound feel and distance.

I’m getting used to the XB. Will definitely say when something goes awry it’s the player not the tool! The forgiveness of this thing is really good. For me, when I demoed the SpeedZone, something was off and it wasn’t till the XB I realized it was the feel and sound. The XB feels so much closer to the F9 which I still keep.

Very pleased with this club!

I’m getting used to the XB. Will definitely say when something goes awry it’s the player not the tool! The forgiveness of this thing is really good. For me, when I demoed the SpeedZone, something was off and it wasn’t till the XB I realized it was the feel and sound. The XB feels so much closer to the F9 which I still keep.

Very pleased with this club!

I struggle with a really high ball flight even when the shot goes as planned. High spin guy regardless of what I have tried. I do know that when I don't leave the face open (new swing issue) my distance with the standard Radspeed is far better that I was with the Ping G410 Plus. I'd bet 15 yards carry. I'm thinking I may just go with the low runners. When I play it I get around 275 without much issue.

I've got probably 6-7 rounds in with the XB now and it is solidly in the gamer slot. It's super stable and doesn't penalize poor swings as bad as other drivers I have used unless the swing is truly garbage and then I get what I deserve. Originally I thought I was hitting a little shorter than my SIM max but as I've gotten used to the XB I've been getting more distance out of it and on the 18th at my home club I was able to hit driver/8iron in where I used to hit driver/hybrid on good drives before. Part of that is my swing is coming around (I think my leg is healed up enough where I can swing more freely) on my irons as well as driver. Regardless of the reasons I'm really happy with the XB.

I'm seriously considering the XB right now.

My Morgan Cup driver head showed up the other day. I was mistakenly sent the XB 10.5 head and I needed the standard head, so it took some time to get sorted out. Anyways I had a golf outing yesterday where of course driver was hit plenty. I had ordered the RDX Blue and had the adapter set logo down at -1 so its playing 9.5* and heavy weight forward. Threw it right in the bag no practice, no range time, nothing. Figured what better test of a driver than swinging out of your shoes on every hole haha.

The results were....impressive. What I saw was a much lower and penetrating flight than I am used to as of late. The ball never seemed to spin up on me like tends to happen when from time to time. In fact what I did see was the ball fly to it its peak and then drop out of the sky. Because it was an outing I wasn't tracking distance thanks to having some music playing but based on where I was compared to other players in the group it seemed that distance was about where I should be minus some roll since fairways were super wet. IF I'm getting the distance I was seeing AND some roll, this driver is going to be great for me. A very solid first showing for the RADspeed.

Back