Worked up to driver at the range today. Absolutely love this driver. It’s going to be very very hard to get this out of the bag.

Leaked info on the new drivers looks interesting.

I’m really liking mine now that I’ve settled into the weight and shaft changes.

No matter, I have found the pictures/specs of all the new range! Is it ok to put leaks on here?

Last edited:
No matter, I have found the pictures/specs of all the new range! Is it ok to put leaks on here?
I wouldn’t. The guys from Cobra are phenomenal to this forum. They work hard at their products and deserve the respect of the embargo dates.

Exactly what I thought and why I asked.

They're easy enough to find for people that are curious.
Yeah it’s hard to not post it but when you meet those guys you have a different perspective. It means so much to them.

Played 9 today with my brother and dad. Stripe show with the driver today. Love this thing. Brother tried it and think he is going Radspeed as well

Played 9 today with my brother and dad. Stripe show with the driver today. Love this thing. Brother tried it and think he is going Radspeed as well
Nice! Does he want to buy a Volition Edition one? 😇

Played today for likely my final round. Finishing set up is RADSpeed 9 degree (digitally lofted to 7.5) playing at -1 draw setting Funikura Motore F1 60x. Made a driver change right before the Morgan Cup and it took me a bit to adjust. Driver is a strength again. Ball flight is down. Fairways being found. Average distance over last 5 rounds is 280-285. I’ve intentionally slowed down my swing to find fairways and it’s working. I know there are new drivers on the way but I’m not sure they can get me to switch. Comfort is key.

Hit some big balls today with the Radspeed. Figures as the season come to an end, I figure out the driver swing lol. Still really enjoying the driver.

45 and sunny = range time over the lunch break.

Loving the RadSpeed still. It’s so good out on the toe which is my miss and was definitely apparent in my rusty swing. Need to work on my path as when I center it it just goes! but appreciate the toe love in the meantime.

Sooo.... the XB......

I'm having ALOT of fun hitting this thing. I DARE say..... it maaaaaay be bringing back my post tee grab swagger off the tee box...

I miss my XB!!!

Haven't hit it since Veterans Day in a simulator and no golf in sight 😑

Random suspicion as to why I'm hitting the XB well......

I've had no fear teeing the ball super high with this driver, since the top of the face rolls over the top edge. So I'm teeing it higher and I believe it is translating to much better strikes and therefore better performance for me.

I made some changes to my XB and am absolutely smoking it.
I took the 6g weight out of the back and replaced it with a 2g weight. I then put 9g of lead tape on the sole of the clubhead really close to the face. Goal was to get some of the RadSpeed characteristics.
I’m getting to places I have never seen on my home course!

I made some changes to my XB and am absolutely smoking it.
I took the 6g weight out of the back and replaced it with a 2g weight. I then put 9g of lead tape on the sole of the clubhead really close to the face. Goal was to get some of the RadSpeed characteristics.
I’m getting to places I have never seen on my home course!
pics of the lead tape!

Speed training today, RADSpeed Hulk smash the next two days.

Little experiment this week, because the weather is shocking over here and there is a new simulator place opened up just a couple of miles away. I've spoken about perhaps thinking the XB had a little too much spin for me, and maybe better suited to the standard Rad in hindsight. Hit some balls to get a baseline, and was carrying about 240 with around 3,500+ spin, getting very little roll out - swing speed circa 100-105mph. Loft was 11 degrees in the draw setting.

Took the loft right down to 9 degrees in the standard setting, teed the ball up and tried hovering the driver rather than grounding it - I know, I know, should just try one thing at a time. Immediately gained 5 - 10 yards carry with extra roll out as well. Taking it out of the draw setting actually seemed to work better with controlling the fade as well for some reason. It would appear that I should just have tinkered much much earlier in the process rather than just plugging away. Swing flaws are usually my issue and not equipment :LOL:

P.S - I have a new pet hate, greenside chips on a simulator!

Little experiment this week, because the weather is shocking over here and there is a new simulator place opened up just a couple of miles away. I've spoken about perhaps thinking the XB had a little too much spin for me, and maybe better suited to the standard Rad in hindsight. Hit some balls to get a baseline, and was carrying about 240 with around 3,500+ spin, getting very little roll out - swing speed circa 100-105mph. Loft was 11 degrees in the draw setting.

Took the loft right down to 9 degrees in the standard setting, teed the ball up and tried hovering the driver rather than grounding it - I know, I know, should just try one thing at a time. Immediately gained 5 - 10 yards carry with extra roll out as well. Taking it out of the draw setting actually seemed to work better with controlling the fade as well for some reason. It would appear that I should just have tinkered much much earlier in the process rather than just plugging away. Swing flaws are usually my issue and not equipment :LOL:

I tinkered and done a full switch just before the MC. I have it exactly where I want it now but it took a while.

I tinkered and done a full switch just before the MC. I have it exactly where I want it now but it took a while.
Has taken me far too long to realise that I wasn't hitting up on the ball enough and had too much loft. Our Trackman range only has limited info so doesn't pick up spin or AoA, but it appears I was hitting too much down. Only a year too late :LOL:

Chipping on a sim is dreadful. My brain must do so much of the calculations on a chip subconsciously because just giving me a yardage and hitting it into a screen does not work for me.

Has taken me far too long to realise that I wasn't hitting up on the ball enough and had too much loft. Our Trackman range only has limited info so doesn't pick up spin or AoA, but it appears I was hitting too much down. Only a year too late :LOL:
I’ve slowed my swing down and not only gained yards but also control.

Back