Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Two release cycles ago, Cobra came out with a head unlike others we have seen.  Their technology advanced to the point where they could eliminate large amounts of headweight by wrapping carbon around the traditional ‘edges’ and provided extreme weight saving opportunities alongside a milled face that promoted consistency.  They took it a step further in their next release by sending that milled face through the hard edges of the crown and sole to promote better aerodynamics (and let’s be honest, less chance of skymarking), with a brilliantly designed metal exoskeleton that further promoted weight efficiencies.  It is simply hard to fathom how you can build off that kind of design. Enter the

[url=https://www.thehackersparadise.com/cobra-radspeed-drivers/]Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
First! :cool: Couldn't resist :D RadSpeed looks awesome!

Here we go! Boom, totally RADspeed

Really liking the MAP and colorway options here. With equipment creeping up in price Cobra is providing a strong value propostion.

FANTASTIC write-up @Canadan !!!

Radius of Gyration is FANCY

Great to see three heads including a Draw model.

I 💯 agree with you on Peacoat offering the variation of yellow.

I think two of these would make a great Thriver setup

Sounds like an interesting evolution for Cobra. Cant wait to hear how each of these head options play.

As for colors, I agree 2 great options, but the right choice is Blue :love:

That Blue looks great. I think it would be great to put the X vs the B and see what wins out.

Well they look great, we knew that.
The expanding on the tech from prior releases has me super interested. Little birdie has told me this guy is a bit easier to turn over and not so fade biased as the SpeedZone. Cant wait to try it!

The blue and red remind me of the Pars and Stripes release. Should pair nicely with my Ventus Blue shaft!
Isn't that awesome?

It's like having a limited edition head, but it's stock.

Check out these top lines....

View attachment 8978538

The blue is very awesome.. One thing that I love about the Cobra face design is how there is no paint from the crown that creeps over onto the face.. We all make mistakes and that can cause ugly paint chipping.

Great write up @Canadan. Definitely wanna give these a try. I might even be willing to buy at full retail, something I don’t usually do.

I am loving the white/green color combo surprisingly. The navy/red combo is super nice too. Will have to compare them in hand eventually. But, this thing is on the radar in a big way. I haven't owned a Cobra club in forever. But, they've been pumping out performers for a while now. I think the time may have come to really give them a serious tryout. The price is very very appealing. The last Cobra driver I hit was the F9. It felt amazing but I ended up going a different direction.

Our assistant pro is on Cobra staff I think. So, we should be seeing a fitting event at our club.

The blue is very awesome.. One thing that I love about the Cobra face design is how there is now paint from the crown that creeps over onto the face.. We all make mistakes and that can cause ugly paint chipping.
That was one thing I absolutely LOVED about Speedzone. I wasn't afraid to let people try it because you have to REALLY sky the driver to come close to doing damage haha

This is going to be the driver line-up of 2021. Watch. People are sleeping on the infinity face, and this is the next iteration of of taking something great and making it even greater.

I also think the XB configuration is going to be extremely popular. And I am glad to see that I can pop in the shaft from my SpeedZone. Love what Cobra is doing this year.

Great write up @Canadan. Definitely wanna give these a try. I might even be willing to buy at full retail, something I don’t usually do.
I have massive expectations right now, based on the information I've seen.

That blue looks really good. Cobra has nailed the aesthetics imo and I didn't like the original pics floating around pre embargo.

That was one thing I absolutely LOVED about Speedzone. I wasn't afraid to let people try it because you have to REALLY sky the driver to come close to doing damage haha

That is a feature that would come in real handy for me...

There may have been a certain THPer who is absolutely not named @X.Man that may have skyed a ball with my SpeedZone AND let it slip and fly it into a tree, all of which resulted in no damage.

Back