Yeah I checked them out today at my local shop and noticed the length to be way too long (for me at least). Interesting enough I think its just the XB that is 46 as when I put the radspeed next to it, it was at least a .5 inch shorter

Get the Tour length versions of both 44.5 inches.

Yeah I checked them out today at my local shop and noticed the length to be way too long (for me at least). Interesting enough I think its just the XB that is 46 as when I put the radspeed next to it, it was at least a .5 inch shorter
Yep you are correct I went back and looked, it’s curious to be sure.

I read an article that Cobra player Jason Dufner is playing the XD driver.

I had a little get to know you session with RadSpeed and RadSpeed XB today. I liked the shape and setup of both. Pros for the XB are the gloss finish, and I think the slightly larger drawn back shape looks mean. I dig it. Pros for the RadSpeed are the combination of matte crown and players shape are super good. It was also pretty easy to control, which I was pleasantly surprised with.

XB at address
thumbnail_IMG_9191.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_9193.jpg

I started off with RadSpeed 9*, 12g rear with a HZRDUS RDX Blue in 6.0, hit 4 shots, two of which were pretty nice. The other two were firmly warmups, I started hitting these dead cold. Mixing things up, I hit about 7 balls with XB in 10.5 loft and same shaft... that was too much loft and spin was high. This is where I should have hit XB in 9* but whiffed. I went back to RadSpeed because I was liking what I was seeing out the 9*, and plugged in a Riptide 50 CB in 6.0. This combo had plenty of speed but spin and carry were suffering, and I was not as sure of the feel and weight. I decided to plug in a RDX Blue 6.5, and the very first shot was the one I posted above in Post #878. The 6.5 gave me a little better timing and control, and dispersion and overall ease of use had me thinking that could be a gamable combo.

thumbnail_IMG_9206.jpg

I would like to hit the XB with the RDX Blue 6.5, to see more what the XB has to offer. I didn't get a good idea of performance with just a few shots using the wrong loft. I will say that as a starting point, the RadSpeed is sweet. I liked the sound in the bay, it is tight and powerful. Easy enough to hit, and control.

Complete data for those into such things is below. There is a Srixon ZX5 mixed in there that I hit last. Ball speed at first glance looks down a tick but don't be fooled, I was getting tired. A very fun test session all around.

RadSpeed Testing.png

Boy would -5 feel great about right now!
Hey now, we are wimpy down here! You leave your Celsius out of this my friend :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: MH
Hey now, we are wimpy down here! You leave your Celsius out of this my friend :ROFLMAO:

Lol! I though maybe I had become wimpy living in CA for 20 years but no, it’s actually damn cold right now even for us that are used to things like ice fishing and crowded outdoor hockey rinks in every neighborhood. Anyone still alive that remembers a February like this one has to be at least 90 years old!

E577D165-4494-445B-B1FB-9F3A19E85030.jpeg

Lol! I though maybe I had become wimpy living in CA for 20 years but no, it’s actually damn cold right now even for us that are used to things like ice fishing and crowded outdoor hockey rinks in every neighborhood.
View attachment 8993193
20210209_152056.jpg

Sorry.......not sorry......we still have hurricanes however :confused:

View attachment 8993194

Sorry.......not sorry......we still have hurricanes however :confused:

I think all of us who grew up here deep down inside enjoy these cold snaps. It forces us to bond and as a bonus we put the stuff that really doesn’t matter on the back burner. It also makes it easy to hit the links in March when the temps get into the 40’s, lol.

I think all of us who grew up here deep down inside enjoy these cold snaps. It forces us to bond and as a bonus we put the stuff that really doesn’t matter on the back burner. It also makes it easy to hit the links in March when the temps get into the 40’s, lol.

Whatever you wanna tell yourself ;):cool:

I would give anything to move South and never have to see snow again. I definitely need to spend some time with the radspeed driver this year. It has been way too long since I have given Cobra a change in the bag. Pretty sure I’m missing out on some great gear

I looked at a standard RadSpeed in the store today and it was no longer than a Titleist Driver I compared it to.

Well I did it, ordered the XB in Tour Length with the RDX Blue. Figured its at least different enough from my standard SZ to justify trying it out (whatever it takes to convince myself of that)

While the weather is currently forcing me to rest my foot, it’s also not helping me with my need to get this driver out on the course!

I hit the RADSPEED so darn well, I am in hard ponder mode.

Yep you are correct I went back and looked, it’s curious to be sure.
I would love you to ask what the thinking on this was at your Q and A at the Morgan Cup. I get the potential for more club/ball speed, but 46” is getting to where I would think many who would be the target player for that profile are going to have trouble squaring up the head.

Are you finding it to be lower spin than the other releases this year for your swing?

I did / am too. RadSpeed and TSi3 were trading paint heavy in the hitting bay yesterday. XB even got into the mix and gave a pretty fair accounting of itself.

I did / am too. RadSpeed and TSi3 were trading paint heavy in the hitting bay yesterday. XB even got into the mix and gave a pretty fair accounting of itself.
What were you seeing in the two heads relative to each other?

Are you finding it to be lower spin than the other releases this year for your swing?

Im not a big spin peeper. To me it hits the range between 2 and 3 and does so with remarkable control.

They totally got the sound right again this year, much more pleasing than SpeedZone imo

Back