@Jman probably missed it somewhere, what's the headweight of this driver?

First on course experience with this one yesterday....

1) The look of the third colorway is fantastic at address. So so so very good. Happy I went this way.

2) Sound is much improved, still not my absolute favorite, but it’s a good blend.

3) Kept it at 9.0 and 16g forward yesterday with the wind and there were nice flat bullets, likely going to either mess with the loft or the weights today, who knows which. It’s a low spinner for me though, which excites me a ton as I’ve struggled there with the last two releases.

4) Not crazy fade biased for me in the 9.0 head which is another relief. Played pretty darn neutral to me.

5) The counterbalanced RDX blue seems an excellent stock pairing, but, today I’m going to plug the Nippon back in and finally get to hit that combo on the course.
Have you gotten numbers with this or only on course? I'm leaning regular head but was thinking 10.5* if I went that way though I haven't hit a 10.5* head in years. 9* if I go XB again.

Got mine yesterday. Can't wait to hit it!
20210222_171537.jpg

The Motore F1 is an awesome stock shaft for me
Isn't it though. I loved the feel of that shaft. The head is fantastic too. I literally considered ordering a RADSPEED and then either selling it or getting an XB to compare with for The Morgan Cup. That's how excited I am to try this driver. That would be the most club ho thing ever though LOL!

Isn't it though. I loved the feel of that shaft. The head is fantastic too. I literally considered ordering a RADSPEED and then either selling it or getting an XB to compare with for The Morgan Cup. That's how excited I am to try this driver. That would be the most club ho thing ever though LOL!

Have you gotten numbers with this or only on course? I'm leaning regular head but was thinking 10.5* if I went that way though I haven't hit a 10.5* head in years. 9* if I go XB again.
I got some numbers that will be in the Nippon MB+ review, but those were done indoors.

I honestly went 9.0 so I could eventually loft up and make it play even more neutral if I needed to, I think I’ll start lofted up today and then maybe flip the weight.

I saw the Radspeed in hand with no plastic for the first time this weekend. The infinity face is still a mental hurdle that I would need to get more accustomed to. But, overall, the head shape looks really good. It's a lot more compact than I was expecting. It wasn't a demo or anything so I didn't get to hit it. One of these days I will give it a shot.

I saw the Radspeed in hand with no plastic for the first time this weekend. The infinity face is still a mental hurdle that I would need to get more accustomed to. But, overall, the head shape looks really good. It's a lot more compact than I was expecting. It wasn't a demo or anything so I didn't get to hit it. One of these days I will give it a shot.
What don't you like about the infinity face?

What don't you like about the infinity face?
Not that I don't like it. It's just visually a big difference than what I am used to seeing. Like it's so new to me that my eyes just keep focusing in on it.

Not that I don't like it. It's just visually a big difference than what I am used to seeing. Like it's so new to me that my eyes just keep focusing in on it.
It is initially I'd agree, it is different to look at but from the top its not that distracting. This newer version I think it looks even better than it did previously.

It is initially I'd agree, it is different to look at but from the top its not that distracting. This newer version I think it looks even better than it did previously.
Yeah, I am sure with a little bit of time it would be a non issue. I never spent much time with last year's outside of checking it out on the rack. Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or is the Radspeed a little more compact than the Speedzone?

Regular head compared to regular head? I'm not sure I haven't been able to compare side by side.

Regular head compared to regular head? I'm not sure I haven't been able to compare side by side.
Yeah. But that is just going off memory. I just remember being surprised at how compact it looked this weekend.

I spent most of my Sunday hitting the new drivers at PGA store. RadSpeed really surprised me. The Motore F1 is an awesome stock shaft for me and I found such a sweet spot striking the center of the face with it. Ball speed was good. Launch and spin were perfect

There was no adjustment or break-in period when hitting this. I hit roughly 15 drives with this and id say 13 would be fairway balls. 8 of them rolling out over 300 which is a good strike for me
I see more Drivers in your future!

Mentally, I have to go back to GG at lunch and hit the Radspeed vs Radspeed XB with RDX blue shafts again just to make sure. Then I can rip the plastic off!

I see more Drivers in your future!
LOL ive put the brakes on! other than replacing wedges, my bag is set....... until March

Mentally, I have to go back to GG at lunch and hit the Radspeed vs Radspeed XB with RDX blue shafts again just to make sure. Then I can rip the plastic off!

This is exactly why I hated looking down at the taylormades. All black option this year but a HUGE upcharge..

I'm also really torn between the RDX blue and F1 shafts. I had a yellow and really liked it but I felt like I lost a bit of distance with it. May have been to stiff at x flex, or that it was 44.5 long.

This is exactly why I hated looking down at the taylormades. All black option this year but a HUGE upcharge
I can see that being very similar. I honestly think the crown of the TM drivers look really good. But, I have been conditioned to it for a while.

I'm going there after work to hit some of the XB. Maybe some Ping MAX's to compare. Maybe some Epic MAX LS too.:D

You think that would “be the most club ho thing ever?” Ha ha, my friend, you would barely be joining the club. 😂

Back