I don't like getting fit in a bay because I swear my swing is different when I play versus the range. So I gathered all the R flex Cobra shafts and will give it a try playing. The RDX blue from this year doesn't come in R flex, so I have last year's Tensei. All tour length, so the drivers play at 44.5 inches.

If someone is in the Los Angeles area, you can fit yourself too...haha..

View attachment 8995450

I couldn’t agree with this more, same here, the feel of being in a closed setting just throws me off. On top of that I honestly need to see the ball flight outdoors and for me this is the only place I’d feel comfortable getting fit. This and Demoing clubs on the course is key for me.

Same here, where you playing? I’m not far from you at all.

My home club is The Palisades. Hit me up if you want to tee up.

You've all got me hard pondering a Radspeed driver now. I hit the TSi2 so well, but man.....shiny and new...

I hit indoors today the Cobra Radspeed XB 10.5 today w Fuji Motore X F3 S 60 and it was sweet. Man, I love this look and results of this driver. It’s stunning. No help at all from the guys working in this store, he went to find me a LH Epic MAX LS and never returned. 😬

I can’t wait until I get fit at CC still waiting on heads to arrive there. This XB is definitely one of my top choices.

Man, this one is SO good. In any other year I think it runs away from the pack, but there are soooooooooo many good drivers out this year. I’ve rather enjoyed carrying 3 in the bag lately :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Man, this one is SO good. In any other year I think it runs away from the pack, but there are soooooooooo many good drivers out this year. I’ve rather enjoyed carrying 3 in the bag lately :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
14 clubs is all I will carry. weight of extras not worth it...Ha

Got the Cobra Radspeed out today. It was cold and windy, so not the best conditions to test.
The sound is great and it just feels stable and solid. Miss hits didn’t go as far but didn’t have massive curve to them. Hitting the center of the face shots were amazing. Really excited about this driver this year. It feels more stable than the Speedzone I had last year. The Peacoat is 🔥🔥

Here is my breakdown of holes I used the new driver set up today.

Hole 1: Fairway
Hole 2: Missed Right
Hole 3: Fairway
Hole 5: Fairway (nearly drove green) super wet.
Hole 9: Missed Right
Hole 11: Missed Left
Hole 12: Fairway
Hole 14: Fairway
Hole 15: Fairway
Hole 16: Fairway
Hole 18: Missed Left

64% Overall.

Some thoughts about the misses. Hole 2 was a poor swing and then @Prince94 helped with my alignment and it was game on. The miss on 9 was solidly struck, but just had a slightly open face at contact. 11 & 18 were both very well struck balls that were just off the fairway. Very playable.

The feel and sound are both improved IMO from the Speedzone and I very much enjoyed the Speedzone offering. Even @Prince94 commented on the sound difference.

Generally @Prince94 is longer than me off the tee and I’m not short by any means either, but I was keeping up with him on his well struck balls and even past him on occasion.

As of this moment, I’d say I’m smitten with the set up. I feel I can swing through and it goes pretty straight. Nothing to really complain about thus far.

If you’re considering a new driver, be sure you give this a look. You might be surprised.

To RADSPEED or to RADSPEED XB? That is the question.

Here is my breakdown of holes I used the new driver set up today.

Hole 1: Fairway
Hole 2: Missed Right
Hole 3: Fairway
Hole 5: Fairway (nearly drove green) super wet.
Hole 9: Missed Right
Hole 11: Missed Left
Hole 12: Fairway
Hole 14: Fairway
Hole 15: Fairway
Hole 16: Fairway
Hole 18: Missed Left

64% Overall.

Some thoughts about the misses. Hole 2 was a poor swing and then @Prince94 helped with my alignment and it was game on. The miss on 9 was solidly struck, but just had a slightly open face at contact. 11 & 18 were both very well struck balls that were just off the fairway. Very playable.

The feel and sound are both improved IMO from the Speedzone and I very much enjoyed the Speedzone offering. Even @Prince94 commented on the sound difference.

Generally @Prince94 is longer than me off the tee and I’m not short by any means either, but I was keeping up with him on his well struck balls and even past him on occasion.

As of this moment, I’d say I’m smitten with the set up. I feel I can swing through and it goes pretty straight. Nothing to really complain about thus far.

If you’re considering a new driver, be sure you give this a look. You might be surprised.

I wonder what the distance on 15 and 16 were, back to back bombs.

RADSpeed with heavy weight back or go XB outright and not have an option to switch weights? Anyone given this a try yet?

Buy one and then get another for MC!
I think this is a very valid response! I've still not had a chance to try these, or even see them in person but I'm hoping so much things start easing up so that the retailers open up and we can get going again. I am very excited for these!

I see a dealer in my area finally has the Radspeed driver. I think I will have to swing by there tomorrow and check it out :cool:

I am picking up some stiff shafts for the Radspeed to test out. Sunday I played with the regular flex fujikura motore f3. I honestly got better trajectory without any distance loss I could tell. I think my SS hovers in the 105ish range which would indicate using more of a stiff shaft. I have never gotten fit into a regular shaft, but maybe it is because the tempo of my swing is no aggressive? Anyways the head performs and I am interested to see any differences with the new shafts I am getting.

I am picking up some stiff shafts for the Radspeed to test out. Sunday I played with the regular flex fujikura motore f3. I honestly got better trajectory without any distance loss I could tell. I think my SS hovers in the 105ish range which would indicate using more of a stiff shaft. I have never gotten fit into a regular shaft, but maybe it is because the tempo of my swing is no aggressive? Anyways the head performs and I am interested to see any differences with the new shafts I am getting.

Yup, SS is only one component of the stiffness you need but for now it's the best we got if you can't get fit. I can use a stiff based on my SS but after taking lessons, my tempo and transition calls for a regular flex.

Took a few swipes today with the XB and the regular head, both with RDX Blue. I still think the XB launches and flys a little high for my taste at 10.5 but man the forgiveness is there and so is the ball speed. I think it actually feels better too. While the regular head launches lower as expected misses just seem too extreme and potentially too low spin for me.

It’s also hard to ignore what the Xtreme did for me last year as well so I’m going to go out on a limb and say the XB will likely be in the bag this year unless something crazy changes.

Took a few swipes today with the XB and the regular head, both with RDX Blue. I still think the XB launches and flys a little high for my taste at 10.5 but man the forgiveness is there and so is the ball speed. I think it actually feels better too. While the regular head launches lower as expected misses just seem too extreme and potentially too low spin for me.

It’s also hard to ignore what the Xtreme did for me last year as well so I’m going to go out on a limb and say the XB will likely be in the bag this year unless something crazy changes.
Did you switch the weights at all on the Rad to see a difference?

I think the 9 degree XB with a low launch/spin shaft would be really good for you based on what we saw today.

Did you switch the weights at all on the Rad to see a difference?
Yep, launch is significantly lower but so is spin. It seems too low. If playing regular head need 10.5* head I think and maybe a mid launch shaft. I think with these heads a fitting is key but if not going to do one XB is a safer choice

Hit the 10.5 degree XB with the RDX. I definitely think they have improved the sound from the Speedzone. I was launching it way too high, so would have to go with the 9 degree if I ordered one. Good ball speed and distance and seemed very easy to hit. Did not notice any draw bias from it at all which kind of surprised me. If anything it almost seemed to want to go the other way but I'd say it plays pretty neutral. The Peacoat is awesome.

Hit the 10.5 degree XB with the RDX. I definitely think they have improved the sound from the Speedzone. I was launching it way too high, so would have to go with the 9 degree if I ordered one. Good ball speed and distance and seemed very easy to hit. Did not notice any draw bias from it at all which kind of surprised me. If anything it almost seemed to want to go the other way but I'd say it plays pretty neutral. The Peacoat is awesome.
The 10.5 goes to the moon it seems haha but you hit it well. Not sure RDX blue is the right shaft though

I think the 9 degree XB with a low launch/spin shaft would be really good for you based on what we saw today.
More testing required for sure but I agree, that’s where I was last year with Xtreme but played the head at 8. I don’t think I’d have to do that this year and I’m already used to that head shape

Back