The 10.5 goes to the moon it seems haha but you hit it well. Not sure RDX blue is the right shaft though

Agreed did not seem to be a good fit for me at least at my current very slow swing speed.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I’ve been testing the XD and XB 10,5 heads lofted to 11.5 with the Riptide CB 50g 5.5.

every time on a GC2 it’s like 14-15* launch which I like but extremely low spin. Like today they were 1300-1500. I thought it was maybe some phony monitor numbers but picked up an Epic Max and TSi1 with similar setups and the epic was 2100-2300 spin and the TSi1 was 2600-2700 spin. Anyone else noticing such low spin ??

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I’ve been testing the XD and XB 10,5 heads lofted to 11.5 with the Riptide CB 50g 5.5.

every time on a GC2 it’s like 14-15* launch which I like but extremely low spin. Like today they were 1300-1500. I thought it was maybe some phony monitor numbers but picked up an Epic Max and TSi1 with similar setups and the epic was 2100-2300 spin and the TSi1 was 2600-2700 spin. Anyone else noticing such low spin ??

Did not seem that way to me today at all. Seemed very mid-spin. Any chance of finding somewhere outside to hit it?

Did not seem that way to me today at all. Seemed very mid-spin. Any chance of finding somewhere outside to hit it?

Yeah. Now that it’s warming up here. The outdoor place around here, I was able to hit the regular RAD a couple weeks ago and it was a bit erratic for me. Want to try out the XB and XD there. Also with my gamer shafts (both at 45”). These 46” shafts with cobra drivers this year are nuts.

Yeah. Now that it’s warming up here. The outdoor place around here, I was able to hit the regular RAD a couple weeks ago and it was a bit erratic for me. Want to try out the XB and XD there. Also with my gamer shafts (both at 45”). These 46” shafts with cobra drivers this year are nuts.

nice I think you’d be able to tell pretty quickly based on ball flight If something was really that low spin. I mean that’s big time knuckle ball territory. And yes I was choking down basically a full inch on the shaft. Play all mine at 45.

I agree it feels very long and I have been choking down an inch or so myself as I have been playing 45" for quite a few years now

I agree it feels very long and I have been choking down an inch or so myself as I have been playing 45" for quite a few years now
It’s a bummer too cause to accommodate the longer length it seems cobra has lightened the heads a bit. Last years drivers were around 198-200g without tip. This year all the ones I’ve seen come in around 196-197g. Not a lot but for those of us that like shorter builds it’s nice not to have to add weight or buy another heavier weight.

It’s a bummer too cause to accommodate the longer length it seems cobra has lightened the heads a bit. Last years drivers were around 198-200g without tip. This year all the ones I’ve seen come in around 196-197g. Not a lot but for those of us that like shorter builds it’s nice not to have to add weight or buy another heavier weight.
If you order it from Cobra short though I believe they will adjust the weight accordingly.

Cobra builds it to the length you order it at. 1-2 grams is virtually nothing, considering we have a couple of brands that are off by that much in standard haha.

The 1/4 inch is mostly due to Cobra Connect.

They offer the Tour Length version of both clubs at 44.5" and a heavier back weight. I am definitely going that route for my Morgan Cup bag.

They offer the Tour Length version of both clubs at 44.5" and a heavier back weight. I am definitely going that route for my Morgan Cup bag.

Make sure to hit both. Reason I say that now is because the heads are so forgiving across the board, it has allowed companies (almost every brand has) to go a tiny bit longer without any ill effect.

Make sure to hit both. Reason I say that now is because the heads are so forgiving across the board, it has allowed companies (almost every brand has) to go a tiny bit longer without any ill effect.
Except your comfort level. The 46" feels almost like the 48" I was swinging in the tech studio haha

Except your comfort level. The 46" feels almost like the 48" I was swinging in the tech studio haha

True. I remember when 45" happened it was similar.
The good news is going shorter is almost never an issue if one decides that.

True. I remember when 45" happened it was similar.
The good news is going shorter is almost never an issue if one decides that.
How much added speed/distance do you actually get from making a club .5"/1" longer?

How much added speed/distance do you actually get from making a club .5"/1" longer?

Depends on the player.
But it can be quite a bit, it can also be none at all.

With that said, the heads are so forgiving now, the old adage of I can't center something therefore lose distance might be a thing of the past for a lot of golfers.

one of my best driving years was with a 46" shaft. Then my last few driver fittings have all gone shorter than standard. For me, I don't feel like shorter loses much at all and certainly feel my contact is better. I did struggle with length on the Cleveland Turbo driver and that was only 45.5".

one of my best driving years was with a 46" shaft. Then my last few driver fittings have all gone shorter than standard. For me, I don't feel like shorter loses much at all and certainly feel my contact is better. I did struggle with length on the Cleveland Turbo driver and that was only 45.5".
There is a reason tour players played shorter shafts no question. I tried doing tour length last year and it was too awkward for me, maybe I didn't give it enough time though. There is just a comfort level at a certain length I guess.

There is a reason tour players played shorter shafts no question. I tried doing tour length last year and it was too awkward for me, maybe I didn't give it enough time though. There is just a comfort level at a certain length I guess.

What do you think about the idea that tour players have gone increasingly longer the last 3-5 years? What was once a good inch or more shorter is now 45" or longer at that level for the majority.

What do you think about the idea that tour players have gone increasingly longer the last 3-5 years? What was once a good inch or more shorter is now 45" or longer at that level for the majority.
Thats why I said played not play I didn't think it was as prevalent as a thing these days. I think with all the launch monitors and testing they have realized they can add some more distance and speed. It would take a few different shafts to do it but I wonder if it you went longer in increments if it wouldn't be as noticeable :unsure:

Thats why I said played not play I didn't think it was as prevalent as a thing these days. I think with all the launch monitors and testing they have realized they can add some more distance and speed. It would take a few different shafts to do it but I wonder if it you went longer in increments if it wouldn't be as noticeable :unsure:

Possibly. I have a friend at a shaft company that has employed my two driver setup and has 47" and 45" and is having great success. Im going 46" and 43.5" this year I believe.

Possibly. I have a friend at a shaft company that has employed my two driver setup and has 47" and 45" and is having great success. Im going 46" and 43.5" this year I believe.
I can't wait to see how this works out. I'm not the longest off the tee and going shorter has helped dispersion but as I get my swing refined a longer setup is something i plan to try to see if i can pick up distance and still have decent control

Picked up the Radspeed driver yesterday at a an area pro shop. I have already cut the shaft and changed out the grip. Dialed in the swing weight nicely for me. Hit it on my launch monitor about 10 times and seems nice.

Not sure how much difference I will see with my Cobra Speedzone versus this one, but thought I would upgrade anyway. I have four different shafts that fit so this will be fun to see which one dials in the best.

My guess is I will stick with the Tensei AV that I keep using with my SZ since I keep coming back to it. I will state that the Motore X F3 is not bad, but I haven't put it through the enough paces yet.

Getting really excited for Friday and my chance to get out and test some clubs. Can't wait to hit this and see the results first hand. Planning to try all 3 models, but thinking XD is going to be the one.

Got out to the range again with the Radspeed at 11.5*. This thing is so stable and solid. I really enjoy hitting it. Sound is better than SZ and it feels like you can really swing at it. Lost a lot right today and I think it may be the regular flex shaft. Excited to get a couple new shafts to try in it soon.

Back