The sound is so satisfying to me. Couple that with the trajectory I was seeing today and I am smitten. It seems to be more piercing than my Ping G400. It looks like more distance but will put some data behind it when I can get to top tracer to confirm.

Man I really need the Fed Ex driver to swing by my place with some Cobra goodness. Super excited to get the XB in play

Man I really need the Fed Ex driver to swing by my place with some Cobra goodness. Super excited to get the XB in play
Yup, am with you on that one! Every other club is just sulking in the bag at the moment knowing that they are now on borrowed time :LOL:

I didn’t know you can adjust these Cobra drivers to standard loft draw setting. I’ll give that a try this weekend. Fun to try and dial this XB in.

Yup, am with you on that one! Every other club is just sulking in the bag at the moment knowing that they are now on borrowed time :LOL:

I'm with you guys, just need some Cobra goodness to show up 😎

Was getting a touch higher ball flight this week due to some swing work, tweaked the loft down a degree and man, the ball just seems to go.
Got a nod from the owner of the local muni I frequent on 18 this evening. He asked what’s up as he’s never seen me drive past the big oak as I did tonight 😎

Very first time out with my clubs for the Morgan Cup. It was incredible the places that I was hitting to with my new RadSpeed XB. At least 20 yards average gain over my old driver. Was about a 250-260 yard driver of the golf ball, but gained distance and was hitting some bombs with this club! Cobra did an incredible job with this club!
my driver:
10.5* Rad

AAEBADDC-D779-445E-8CFF-D8B93ED095D9.jpeg
FC62BCD6-B317-4572-90FC-2B2325561B68.jpeg

9D618412-7690-48C2-AF9D-F569DD768B2D.jpeg
0E065F08-8663-4BF5-B619-06A4B6266176.jpeg
380 yard par 4, smashed it, landed on a little bit of a downslope for probably 15-20 yards extra. Had about 80-85 yards into the green!

Cobra was at the course on Saturday so I had to see what the fuss was about the Radspeed line. I was pleasantly surprised how easy it seemed to be to hit the XB driver. They weren't all dead straight nor were they bombs but they were very consistent and the numbers were pretty solid. I'm used to the ball "moving" in both directions and having some struggle to make good contact on some swings. After switching around a bit I got a little quick in my hands and started pulling shots left, about the same time they handed me the XD to try out. I made myself think about it for a couple days but it seemed so easy to just set up and hit the ball I couldn't resist ordering one so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

It was a stock order so hopefully it will come in pretty quick because I'm super excited to see if I can recreate that point and shoot "magical moment" out on the course. If I can I will be a happy man, if not it will still be fun to have a new driver.

Off and on rain and a packed calendar is trying to put a wedge between me and my XB.

Tested this out for Driver #2 and really liked it. First off the look of this club is fantastic. I went with the XD model for this since I want a bit more in this spot. Sound is also nearly perfect and the total package is really good. Its a little lower spin than I would like in this spot, but its a contender for sure.

Tested this out for Driver #2 and really liked it. First off the look of this club is fantastic. I went with the XD model for this since I want a bit more in this spot. Sound is also nearly perfect and the total package is really good. Its a little lower spin than I would like in this spot, but its a contender for sure.
Crazy that you just said lower spin and Cobra in the same sentence based on head of years past haha. These are really good.

So out of my misses left and right, only 2 have went OB (both right) the misses that stay in play are just off the fairway.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210608-140459.jpg
    Screenshot_20210608-140459.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 19
First full round with the Radspeed XB...10.5 set up standard with a Paderson Kinetixx Velocity shaft D20. Club playing 46inches. So I hit it 13 times. Several holes I hit 3W off but on a few holes I hit a couple just to get more shots in. My big miss was maybe 3 yards in the rough. The course was very soft as it rained like a monsoon last night...Was cart path only but I walk anyway. So roll was close to zero. But mostly I put my drives about where I have been recently, but they had some roll and today not much. Overall the combo of Radspeed XB and Velocity is pretty darn good. A couple times I swung and had no idea where my ball went. As I meandered down the fairway I'd find my ball very near to where I was aiming. The launch seems higher. We'll have to do some experimenting to figure it out but we are off to a good start.

Got mine for the Morgan Cup this morning. Previous gamer was Ping G410 Plus. Went to the simulator and managed to get my spin from 3400 with the Ping to around 2800 playing the standard RADSpeed at 8 degrees with a Motore F3 stiff. I seemed to lose a little accuracy but it’s my first day and definitely am not concerned. The shots were playable. It has a welcomed “thud” sound.

2nd range session with my XB and loving it even more!
20210612_183601.jpg

Took a little bit to get used to the tour length @44.5" but am now finding some consistent center strikes with more carry then my old ST200 playing at 46". I'm kind of glad they did not have the Evenflow in stock and was asked if I would switch to the UST Helium, very controllable with a great feel. Headed out for hopefully 27 tomorrow and 18 Monday if the weather holds off and now that I have paired my Supernova I can start getting some data. 😎

Still love the XB. I was 9 for 12 hitting fairways with it today. The driver does not get me in trouble when I swing out of my shoes but when I am in control I am seeing great things with this driver. That and the Peacoat just looks so damn good.

Took a little bit to get used to the tour length @44.5" but am now finding some consistent center strikes with more carry then my old ST200 playing at 46". I'm kind of glad they did not have the Evenflow in stock and was asked if I would switch to the UST Helium, very controllable with a great feel. Headed out for hopefully 27 tomorrow and 18 Monday if the weather holds off and now that I have paired my Supernova I can start getting some data. 😎

I had a ST200 before the my Morgan cup XB came in. It’s pretty awesome how the high MOI XB is so much longer for me.

First full round with the XB today. Hit 1/13 fairways but sadly that is on average for me this year and is not the drivers fault. It actually kept me close enough to the fairway that I was in positions to get around the course in net par despite the poor driving. My two best strokes were around 275 which is long for me, both just a few steps off the fairway. Once I get myself sorted this is going to be a lot of fun.

Today was tinker day at the range. I tried a lot of different settings. Heavy weight back feels and sounds better but the ball flight is fairly high. I put the heavy weight back and tried the 8 degree draw setting, it went left, hard left. I put it in the minus one setting and seemed to move strike (guessing it was the lie angle??) and the flight was what I was looking for. Around 260 yards in the air with a chance for roll out. The driver was easy to fade and control as well at this setting. Now... to fix the 5 tour.

Had a full round with my XB today. Have some real work to do with consistency here. The XB seems so much larger than the regular RadSpeed, I need some time to feel comfortable with it. My best drive today was 255 with a very nice draw (of course the last drive of the day!).

Back