I had a tough day with the driver yesterday on the course so I got out tonight with 5 balls in my pocket and walked around to 4 different tee boxes on my home course and worked on the swing. I have been taking lessons and this is a week and 1/2 old club so I needed to kind of lock in my setup and feel with this stick. I found a sweet spot on ball location at address and started pounding a few down range.

The club had felt a bit low and fadey at the 10.5* standard setting so I set it to 11.5* Draw setting. That definitely put the weight where it felt good for me and got the ball flying high and carrying very well.

This is a very strong feeling driver when struck on the center of the face and very stable on misses. I have to get way out on the toe to get any kind of twisting feeling. It's a very stable head and quite forgiving. It am really looking forward to getting my swing dialed in after taking a few lessons and really seeing what this driver can do.

I had a tough day with the driver yesterday on the course so I got out tonight with 5 balls in my pocket and walked around to 4 different tee boxes on my home course and worked on the swing. I have been taking lessons and this is a week and 1/2 old club so I needed to kind of lock in my setup and feel with this stick. I found a sweet spot on ball location at address and started pounding a few down range.

The club had felt a bit low and fadey at the 10.5* standard setting so I set it to 11.5* Draw setting. That definitely put the weight where it felt good for me and got the ball flying high and carrying very well.

This is a very strong feeling driver when struck on the center of the face and very stable on misses. I have to get way out on the toe to get any kind of twisting feeling. It's a very stable head and quite forgiving. It am really looking forward to getting my swing dialed in after taking a few lessons and really seeing what this driver can do.
Taking a little to get used to mine in between being a new, shorter driver and my swing changes I'm working on. 9/14 fairways on my 18 but, the misses landed barely in the first cut. Might play around with the adjustments or just tighten the screw between my ears! 😛

I have to get way out on the toe to get any kind of twisting feeling. It's a very stable head and quite forgiving.
I had one in the high toe that really only half the ball hit (you could see the impression in the morning mist) and it wasn’t awful. It’s a very stable head.

6AD6F40C-791A-4695-9308-B5EA71857C8C.jpeg
Sunday delivery by FedEx made for a long day at work. Next day off is Thursday, so hope to at least get to the range and get some swings in.

Last edited:
Played my first round with the new XB peacoat tour length. First ball I ever hit with it was our weekly wolf/skins game. First though in hand was the tour length felt way short lol. But the first shot was a 285 yard drive to the right side of the fairway. I was a little worried giving up my TSI2 as I thought it was the easiest to hit driver out there. The XB is miles better in this category (may be the tour length as well). I hit to drives to places I haven’t been on the course today. Driving has been my weak point lately and today the XB kept me in play. Sound to my ear wasn’t nearly as good as the tsi2 but got over it quick with the performance it produced. Really really pleased I went XB!

Mine came in today. It's a beauty but wow.... I was told the head was large, but I wasnt ready for how big it actually is.
Gonna get out to the range in a day or two to test it out.
The pics don't do it justice, it actually Makes the Sim2 look like a 3w in person.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210615-193656~2.png
    Screenshot_20210615-193656~2.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20210615-193659~2.png
    Screenshot_20210615-193659~2.png
    339.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20210615-193654~2.png
    Screenshot_20210615-193654~2.png
    324.6 KB · Views: 20
Well... One range session down and the XB is ready to go on the buy and sell lol. I just came off nights and was hitting into wind so MAYBE that's an excuse I can use.

So far dispersion is not great, it's much shorter than my sim2, and the sound is god awful. It sounds almost exactly what I was afraid it would sound like. Very hollow with a metal like tingy-ness.

It launches insanely high but I am VERY impressed with the rollout. I did say it's alot shorter than the sim2 (same shaft/length/flex) but the roll almost gets it to where I'm used too.

I will write this off as a bad day and give it another go though. Here's hoping next outing is better.

Last edited:
Range session in the 110 degree heat today. XB is still so much fun to hit. I started to play with tee height to see if I can get the flight I want and I think I am pretty dialed in now. I did take 3 drivers off the deck and I can honestly say that the shot is still not in my repertoire. :ROFLMAO:

Loving the Peacoat XB! High straight bombs! Got the tour length and loving it!

Attachments

• A462976D-ED5C-4DD6-A814-4AEF35169F39.jpeg
    A462976D-ED5C-4DD6-A814-4AEF35169F39.jpeg
    212.5 KB · Views: 12
Played my first round with the new XB peacoat tour length. First ball I ever hit with it was our weekly wolf/skins game. First though in hand was the tour length felt way short lol. But the first shot was a 285 yard drive to the right side of the fairway. I was a little worried giving up my TSI2 as I thought it was the easiest to hit driver out there. The XB is miles better in this category (may be the tour length as well). I hit to drives to places I haven’t been on the course today. Driving has been my weak point lately and today the XB kept me in play. Sound to my ear wasn’t nearly as good as the tsi2 but got over it quick with the performance it produced. Really really pleased I went XB!
Interested in the differences you found between the tsi2 and the rad speed xb. I've currently got a tsi2 in 9 degree which I just don't get along with. I've got the Tensei AV Raw White shaft but I dont think I'm swinging it hard enough for that shaft. What shaft do you have in the XB? I'm seriously considering trying the Cobra but it'd be good to know your thoughts on the differences.

Interested in the differences you found between the tsi2 and the rad speed xb. I've currently got a tsi2 in 9 degree which I just don't get along with. I've got the Tensei AV Raw White shaft but I dont think I'm swinging it hard enough for that shaft. What shaft do you have in the XB? I'm seriously considering trying the Cobra but it'd be good to know your thoughts on the differences.

i had the raw white stiff in the tsi2 as well. The XB I got the motore F1 6x in tour length. Sound and feel go to the tsi2. But performance hands down goes to the XB. It’s hard to hit it off line. Also seems to launch higher which I needed. Really like the Infiniti face and how it looks behind the ball. I don’t think it’s longer on the longest drives, but my average drive has gone up 10 yards and have hit more fairways then I have in a long time!

Emailed Cobra customer service, and they are sending me some weights to help dial this bad boy in. 117 today, so didn’t get out to swing this bad boy yet…
A2D3E0B1-AAFC-4314-A26E-6357E0572084.jpeg

i had the raw white stiff in the tsi2 as well. The XB I got the motore F1 6x in tour length. Sound and feel go to the tsi2. But performance hands down goes to the XB. It’s hard to hit it off line. Also seems to launch higher which I needed. Really like the Infiniti face and how it looks behind the ball. I don’t think it’s longer on the longest drives, but my average drive has gone up 10 yards and have hit more fairways then I have in a long time!
Yeah I really like the way the XB looks at address (haven't hit one yet though). I was thinking about going for the hzrdus blue shaft as it sounds like a better fit for me, I'll have to try it though. Good to hear the XB is hard to hit offline, thats what I need!

.........It’s hard to hit it off line. .......(I) have hit more fairways then I have in a long time!

This is unreal. I know I've read this over and over, and it's partly the reason I bought into the XB hype...But man, this XB is a snap hook machine for me. Like short, gross, snap hooks. 1 for 7 fairways and 2 lost balls on my first nine with this.. I went back to the Sim2 for the time being.

For reference, it plays at 45 inches, with an RDX blue 6.5 and the head came with a 16g weight

Last edited:
First day on the course with this monster today. Absolute cannon on several shots. Had some accuracy issues but nothing I couldn't recover. Had two drives over the 320yd mark today (slope did play a part but the carries were much longer than I'm used to). Toe strikes did not punish me either. The ball seemed to stay straight

This is unreal. I know I've read this over and over, and it's partly the reason I bought into the XB hype...But man, this XB is a snap hook machine for me. Like short, gross, snap hooks. 1 for 7 fairways and 2 lost balls on my first nine with this.. I went back to the Sim2 for the time being.

For reference, it plays at 45 inches, with an RDX blue 6.5 and the head came with a 16g weight
I am playing the XB in the F1 stiff and have not even come close to a snap hook or a power fade, ok I had one power fade in the last 5 rounds with it, user error on that one. A week ago I played 9 holes and hit 5/6 fairways. Today was 18, on a course with nearly 200 sand traps, and desert golf, I hit 12/14 fairways and did not lose a single ball. In fact I did not even come close to the desert, literally middle of fairway all day (including hitting a sand trap middle of fairway). This driver is putting my B21 to shame, and the BB is a freaking beast fairway finder.

my miss is often a snap hook when something is off in my swing and or the setup is too low spin for me.
While I don’t have the XB I recently been giving the SX Xtreme some time. First round out I had some of the snappers but realized I didn’t have any tilt in my driver setup. Once I added a little tilt which helps me hit up on the ball it came around and have been pleased with it. Definitely less left biased than my Mavrik.

This one was fun. (Just look away from the ugly five iron that came after it….)B056D748-6030-48D9-A343-EFCC26BE2EEE.jpeg

RADSpeed 9 degree playing at 8 with F3 60S

Attachments

• FBFC591D-B298-4576-8F94-0471910875A1.jpeg
    FBFC591D-B298-4576-8F94-0471910875A1.jpeg
    15.8 KB · Views: 22
  • A33A461C-CF86-4270-9828-0A4072B1E992.jpeg
    A33A461C-CF86-4270-9828-0A4072B1E992.jpeg
    15.7 KB · Views: 22
I had a tough day Saturday playing the entire bag in a tournament. On the range the driver was its normal beast mode. Straight and far. When I stepped up to the first tee I got quick with everything. I was having a lot of drives leak to the right and the others were straight pulls. I was trying to murder the ball. It was not a good situation. Once I got to 9 I had to remind myself to slow down and get in good tempo. 9, 12, 14, 15, 16, and 18 were all descent drives with the average being 30yds past the drives from the start of the round. I need to keep tempo in mind as there is no club that I can hit that can with OTT and quick that will be a good.

Has anyone preferred the regular Radspeed over the XB?

IMO it might be the shaft. I also ordered the XB tour length with the RDX blue and I just couldnt get the ball in the air and it was also a hook machine for me (my typical ball flight is a fade unless I am overswinging). I went back to my Ventus Blue from last years SZ and the XB just woke up. So far this year, my FIR is way up (52%, I am typically around 32 in my 2+ years with Arccos) and my distance is up 5 yards over years past. If you have another shaft you can get in there give it a go and see

Man I don't want to hear about snap hooks with the XB.

Hoping to be able to contribute to this thread soon. I need some Peacoat in my life!

Man I don't want to hear about snap hooks with the XB.
Me either, has to be a shaft issue or something. I could barely even hit a draw with the SZ last year.

Back