I was able to hit @tucsoncacti Radspeed XB on the range. It felt very solid and I was hitting it well. My Speedzone has been great and the only reason I haven’t jumped on the Radspeed. The peacoat is a beauty.

I put the Radspeed XB with my current Atmos Blue shaft and it was a great ball flight.

Me either, has to be a shaft issue or something. I could barely even hit a draw with the SZ last year.

Admittedly I haven't spent enough time with it, but this has been my experience with the standard Radspeed as well, using the RDX shaft. Still need to get around to putting my spare adapter on a HZRDUS Yellow.

Me either, has to be a shaft issue or something. I could barely even hit a draw with the SZ last year.
Standard speedzone in tour length with 6.5 hzrdus yellow was amazing. Biggest mistake I made getting rid of it, but it lacked a but in distance for me.
Chasing the long ball lol

I am really enjoying this driver so far. Super easy to hit and a lot of pop. Compared to my previous B21 I would say it is lower launching and a bit more squirrely left to right, but when I bash one it is rolling out to a little further spots. That one just flew and landed.

Same here @DataDude , I think @Master Yagley had them install a secret ball magnet into my Infinity face!;) This was after 18 on Monday. Just so easy to set up and smack it straight down the middle.
20210623_081057.jpg

That would drive me NUTS. Wipe the face off!! :oops:
I will give all my clubs a good cleaning before my next round but first I think I will take a picture of my irons and send you over the edge! 😛

I will give all my clubs a good cleaning before my next round but first I think I will take a picture of my irons and send you over the edge! 😛

Been loving the XB, love the looks over the ball. Love the launch it gives me and most of all, it’s a straight rocket launcher!

I went back to my Ventus Blue from last years SZ and the XB just woke up.

This is the same setup I have, with the Ventus Blue shaft from last years Pars and Stripes SZ Xtreme, and it just feels and performs so well.

First round with the XD today. This club is amazing, a whole ‘nother level of forgiveness compared to the Mav Max it replaced. Swings that would have resulted in a snap hook before stayed straight and on the fairway. I was a little hesitant to order the XD without hitting it first, as I had hit the Rad and Rad Xb at the PGASS, and was still getting a left hook. Love this club.

Had a fantastic day driving with this today. Really getting in a nice groove with it. When I get in a groove it's high fades for me and this thing delivers. I am still seeing more roll out with this than the B21 it replaced. I believe this is getting me over the 230 line more often than I did with that driver based on Arccos data.

Last edited:
I had a great driving day today with my XB. Been tinkering, today I played it 1 degree weak at 10, in the D position and it was awesome. Been missing lately left, (lefty), and this helped a bunch. Shot 5 over.

Tomorrow will tell the tale for me with the XB, some real game work will help me settle in I think

XB again on fire today. I have it now with the 8g weight in back, D3 swing weight and playing at 10* in the D position. Best driving day I’ve had in a long time, shot 2 over. Absolutely love this Cobra XB driver.

Has anyone preferred the regular Radspeed over the XB?

I am a high launch high spinner with the driver. I’m playing the RADSpeed 9 degree set at 8 degrees (opens face 2 degrees). I’ve almost eliminated the left side of the golf course unless I set up to hit it that way. When looking at the numbers my strokes gained against scratch are favorable to me. I use the F3 in Stiff flex. Only because it felt better.

I had a great driving day today with my XB. Been tinkering, today I played it 1 degree weak at 10, in the D position and it was awesome. Been missing lately left, (lefty), and this helped a bunch. Shot 5 over.
I did that to mine too.

Has anybody been willing to upgrade to one of the special edition Major offerings?

10/12 Fairways with the XB today. I have found my tempo for swinging for the fence with this as well. I really had to start to force myself to hit other clubs off the tee. Today it was a 5i (good call) and a 3w (a little left but ended up with par). The XB is point and shoot for me and have really enjoyed the RDX blue shaft. I was on trackman last week and was averaging right around 2500 spin so that I can deal with.

10/12 Fairways with the XB today. I have found my tempo for swinging for the fence with this as well. I really had to start to force myself to hit other clubs off the tee. Today it was a 5i (good call) and a 3w (a little left but ended up with par). The XB is point and shoot for me and have really enjoyed the RDX blue shaft. I was on trackman last week and was averaging right around 2500 spin so that I can deal with.
Most people seem to want lower spin, but I think most experts in club fitting would say that living in the 2500 range is ideal for actual golf out on the course.

Has anybody been willing to upgrade to one of the special edition Major offerings?
If I had the coin to drop I might. Some of those combos look great.

Ready to write my full review on my Morgan Cup driver the Cobra Tour Length RADSPEED XB with a Project X HZRDUS Blue RDX 6.0 Shaft. I tested this club prior to ordering so I somewhat knew what to expect when it arrived. I am coming from the Big Bertha B21 so I will make some comparisons between the 2 models to highlight the performance I have seen from the XB.

Looks

I got the Peacoat version and right out of the box I loved the look of this driver. The matte navy on the crown is really sharp. The Infiniti face coming over the top of crown is a really good way to line up the shot and make sure the face is pointing in the right direction off the jump. This club sits squarely instead of open when placed on the ground which I had read was a complaint of the Speedzone lineup. The head is also very big and inspires nothing but confidence when getting ready to hit the ball. It makes you feel comfortable that you can get a piece of the ball even if you don't put a great swing on it.

Feel & Sound

I always put these together because I think they are very closely connected. If a driver makes a loud clacky tingy sound it will feel hard and if it makes a thwack it will feel soft. The only word I can use to describe the feel of this club is stable. It has a nice solid sound on impact with a just-right ting. The ting Cobra has achieved is a ting of stability and not a ting of a driver that sounds as hard as a bell. In short this is a driver that will check a lot of boxes for feel and sound for a lot of golfers. The only gripe anyone could possibly have is that there is not a ton of feedback on misses until you get way off the center of the face. You really have to be on the edges of the face to get a big feedback on your miss.

Performance

First coming from a 10.5* B21 to this 10.5* XB I immediately noticed this driver was lower launching and a little bit more squirrely than the B21. I imagine if I took them to a launch monitor I might see a bit less spin and launch with this head shape than the B21. Obviously YMMV. I decided to up the loft to11.5* and put the driver in it's draw setting. That gave me some more launch and control of the club. I did that 2 weeks ago and since then I have gone back to seeing very solid results off the teebox again. Stock flight for me is a high fade and this delivers that ball flight on demand. I absolutely loved the B21, but I would have liked to see a bit more rollout as that driver is a carry monster. With this I am getting a bit more rollout and Arccos data is showing me getting the ball out past the 230 yard mark 3-5 times a round which is really good for me. I think this driver would check a ton of boxes for a lot of different golfers. I also imagine at brand agnostic fitters this is a driver that is ending up in a lot of people's hands. It's basically a mid-launch, mid-low spin, mid-high forgiveness driver head that almost anyone could use. This would also be a low risk all around head for someone buying off the rack without a fitting as well.

Overall Impression

I am really happy with this driver. I came from the very best driver possible for me on the market right now in the B21. I thought Ireally had nowhere to go with driver but down. Given the B21 is a forgiving head and lowish spinning (unicorn as @Jman describes) it seemed this XB which is very forgiving, but also low spinning for a forgiving head based on feedback and reviews here on the forum and elsewhere, was the way I should go. The only slight tweak I would have made to the B21 is to get a bit lower launch and maybe pick up some rollout. This is basically what I feel like the XB has delivered for me. This is a driver that is working very well for me, but also has the potential to be a big weapon for golfers that are much better ballstrikers than me.

Great information.
With months still left leading up to the MC, I am sure you will have some additions as well.

Great information.
With months still left leading up to the MC, I am sure you will have some additions as well.
Absolutely. This is the club that I have gotten comfortable with first so I wanted to really share my full thoughts. I like this driver a lot. Hopefully we get a lot of questions on it. I think anyone wanting some good forgiveness and a lot of oomph would really like this head.

Back