Cobra RADSPEED Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Not unlike their drivers, Cobra has been confidently crafting some outstanding products in the fairway and hybrid lineups over the last couple release cycles.  I remember back in the day with their LTD lineup, thinking it would be tough to top the idea of being able to audit the internals of a club, but as expected, they have taken steps forward to promote better and better, with a propensity for putting quality sound at the forefront of their deliverables.

What we have the opportunity to introduce to you today, is RADSPEED.  Using the same radial weighting considerations that they have applied to their latest driver lineup, Cobra is strategically placing weight relative to the CG location to maximize performance between speed, control, and...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year's speedzone fws and hybrids were really really good. Seems like theyve taken those same principles and moved the weight around to improve it further. :love: Not sure how i will be able to move on from the sole rails as they work so well.

Here we are! Was wondering how long it would take to post this up... these look very nice. Interesting the red/white color scheme only comes in the OL hybrids if I am reading this correctly?

Here we are! Was wondering how long it would take to post this up... these look very nice. Interesting the red/white color scheme only comes in the OL hybrids if I am reading this correctly?
Yeah, I think they operate a bit differently from the drivers and fairways, kind of like the irons. I think it suits the line well.

One thing that I found really interesting about the fairways is how much they leaned on their tour staff for the products that are likely headed that direction. Eliminating the infinity face at their preference is a pretty cool story, and frankly I think it makes a lot of sense from a Big Tour perspective.

Yeah, I think they operate a bit differently from the drivers and fairways, kind of like the irons. I think it suits the line well.

Any idea about the stock shafts available for the fairways and hybrids?

Based on some recent podcasts and conversations, I'm going to be looking more into hybrids this year. These will go right to the top of the ponder list as I begin my search. Another great read @Canadan . I've been curious about the rails in the Cobra fairways and hybrids in the past, and I love a club that gets through the turf from less than stellar lies. Looking forward to hearing more on this one!

One thing that I found really interesting about the fairways is how much they leaned on their tour staff for the products that are likely headed that direction. Eliminating the infinity face at their preference is a pretty cool story, and frankly I think it makes a lot of sense from a Big Tour perspective.

That is cool, but I fear the popup, good for them and you, but for us mere mortals...

I’m mesmerized by the Peacoat Blue with red, white and black accents.

I sure wish the peacoat color was available in the normal length hybrids as well as the one length.

That is cool, but I fear the popup, good for them and you, but for us mere mortals...
the infinity face didn't wrap around on the fairways if that is what you are referring too.

I am really digging the way Cobra has gone with not only the tech, but the navy colors on the fairways, hybrids and of course the driver. I am really looking forward to seeing all of these (including the irons) in person.

Any idea about the stock shafts available for the fairways and hybrids?
Fairways:
Fujikura Motore X F3
Project X Even Flow Riptide
Big Tour: Fujikura Motore X F1
XD Fairway: Project X Even Flow Riptide

The hybrids come with UST Mamiya Recoil 480 ESX

The Cobra fairway woods have always been just so-so for me. They look great but just lacked a little something. Maybe this year will be different. I really really wanted to like the tour big last year but was left wanting a little.

That is why the standard and draw heads have the full, gloriousness of infinity face!

Based on some recent podcasts and conversations, I'm going to be looking more into hybrids this year. These will go right to the top of the ponder list as I begin my search. Another great read @Canadan . I've been curious about the rails in the Cobra fairways and hybrids in the past, and I love a club that gets through the turf from less than stellar lies. Looking forward to hearing more on this one!
It blows my mind that they got rid of a TON of weight by hollowing them out, while still maintaining the benefits of the rail system. So smart.

The Cobra fairway woods have always been just so-so for me. They look great but just lacked a little something. Maybe this year will be different. I really really wanted to like the tour big last year but was left wanting a little.
never got to play it but did repeatedly hear the big tour was lacking a bit.
I did not notice an issue with the regular, and the tour was so sweet feeling but i wasn't good enough to center it up enough.

never got to play it but did repeatedly hear the big tour was lacking a bit.
I did not notice an issue with the regular, and the tour was so sweet feeling but i wasn't good enough to center it up enough.

They were not bad... Just didn't do for me what I was hoping. I think they just lacked a bit of ball speed is all. We will see what happens here. Highest launching lowest spinning is what they are going for. That sounds fantastic..

Last year's speedzone fws and hybrids were really really good. Seems like theyve taken those same principles and moved the weight around to improve it further. :love: Not sure how i will be able to move on from the sole rails as they work so well.

This is my thought and they have a matte head which is fantastic. Definitely can't wait to see how these stack up to the previous model.

As someone who struggles to confidently hit a 3 wood off the deck, those rails really have me interested in giving these a try. I know they've been around for a while. I just haven't really been in the market for a fairway for a while. I am loving what I have right now. But, for the sake of science and just loving to try the new stuff, I will give these a try.

They were not bad... Just didn't do for me what I was hoping. I think they just lacked a bit of ball speed is all. We will see what happens here. Highest launching lowest spinning is what they are going for. That sounds fantastic..
I have been nothing short of obsessed with the low lofted tour model for the last two offerings. Sad to see them not bring it out this year outside of the 5w, but is pretty telling about how sought after it must have not been haha

That's a great article @Canadan The SZ fairways last year were an absolute winner for me, so I'm really excited to hear about these. How do they look in hand in terms of colours, have to admit that neither of those is doing huge things to me, but they do look fantastic from the top. Intrigued about the performance as well, if they've taken the SZ and given them more then these will be out of this world!

That's a great article @Canadan The SZ fairways last year were an absolute winner for me, so I'm really excited to hear about these. How do they look in hand in terms of colours, have to admit that neither of those is doing huge things to me, but they do look fantastic from the top. Intrigued about the performance as well, if they've taken the SZ and given them more then these will be out of this world!
I don't have anything in hand, but I am sure we'll see more out of the Tech Studio as product becomes available!

the infinity face didn't wrap around on the fairways if that is what you are referring too.

More commenting on the fact the tour version doesn't have infinity face, but the others do. I prefer having the forgiveness of the infinity face but glad Cobra is letting players pick

Back