Cobra RADSPEED Fairway Woods and Hybrids

The 3w is still an easy launch. I am starting to get the direction down a little better after I found a good tempo. I have never had a 3w that has been this easy to hit. That being said from 6900 yds today I only hit it 2x. I need to get the direction better off the tee so I can use this when the XB and I are not still in the honeymoon phase.

The 2h only got 1 shot in today. It was a 250 yd bullet that left a good chip into a par 5. I ordered an 11g weight (7g standard) that I used today and on the range it felt so much better. Of course I ordered peacoat and the hybrid doesn't come in peacoat so I have a red weight on the bottom of my hybrid. Oh well I will call it custom. :ROFLMAO:

This hybrid is so good for me. I had been playing a Ping G400 3H at 19 deg. I played it max 210 off the tee. The RadSpeed 4H at 21 deg is longer and the ball flight on these two shots was not a low running stinger. I’m quite smitten.
0A540719-7D9B-4BF9-BF69-7D59E0571A74.jpeg

I love these FW woods. I have the 3, 5, & 7. They are starting to develop their roles in the bag for me.

The 3 is my strait and narrow tee club and my desperately need a long bomb from the FW.

The 5 is my fairway bomber. Just need to blast one down range on a par 5? This is my club.

The 7 is my long approach. The high flight and backspin make this a green holder for any shot I cannot use an iron for.

Last edited:
I love these FW woods. I have the 3, 5, & 7. They are starting to develop their roles in the bag for me.

The 3 is my strait and narrow tee club and my desperately need a long bomb from the FW.

The 5 is my fairway bomber. Just need to blast one down range on a par 5? This is my clubs.

The 7 is my long approach. The high flight and backspin make this a green holder for any shot I cannot use an iron for.
The tops of our bags are going to look pretty identical I think. My plan is the 3w as a driver replacement when accuracy is more important than distance, the 5 wood for 2nd shots into par 5s etc and the 7w because....well, because it's fun!

I love golf. So many ways to get the job done.

You guys love your fairways woods and I am loving the hybrids.

I guess we will see which work better in October ;)

Poor swings all the around with my FWs and hybrids today. Still was salvaged because none of the balls were lost due to the overall club forgiveness. Some horrid strikes in the heel and toe today but never to far out reason.

2 3w in my round today. 1 off the tee which was a magnificent shot right down the middle 260 yds out. Hit the green on the approach but not on top of the ridge that the pin was on. 2 putts and a par. Love it off the tee. Long par 5 and I hammered a drive and had 250yds to the pin. Was the only one that waited for green to clear and there was a twosome behind us. I hit my 3w to the fringe about pin high for an easy chip and holed birdie putt. Loving the 3w. Only hit the hybrid once and it was a little bit of a pull On the range I was hitting the hybrid beautifully. 3w, 2h, and 4i are all fighting each other for playing time because the XB is going too far. I guess I can get used to that.

I tried the Big Tour 3 wood last year and it just didn’t work for me. I didn’t like the sound/feel. I was inconsistent with it. It wasn’t something that worked off the deck for me.

Fast forward to this year’s version. It is completely different. Everything that didn’t work with last year’s version works great for me this year. It is such a great tee club. It is extremely consistent. I don’t know what changed. Maybe it is the shaft. Whatever it is, I really love the club.

I also like the Tour fairway wood. I really like the shape behind the ball. It elevates perfectly for me.

These are as good as any fairway woods that I have tried this year. They are solidly in the bag.

214 yard par 3. 5H for the win1B6AE7E0-BCE8-4410-80E5-B2705615DE74.jpeg

I still kinda want a 7w :oops:

you need to try one. It’s made my 5 Tour almost irrelevant from the fairway.
I have a feeling 'm going to end up that way, 3w off the tee and 7w for all long approaches. 5w can just sit there in all it's Peacoat prettiness and wait for that 230 yard par 3 to appear :LOL:

I hit the 5 Tour and 7 wood very well and like both clubs a lot. The ball flight is almost identical off of a tee. The 5 Tour is a different animal off the deck. I’m guessing the lower spin makes it a littler harder to control but I am really starting to trust it more.

It is crazy how great my 7 wood is. Can hit it low or high and am actually able to stop a ball from long range.
Total game changer!

It is crazy how great my 7 wood is. Can hit it low or high and am actually able to stop a ball from long range.
Total game changer!
Don’t you tempt me! :LOL:

While you guys have your seven wood love fest I was putting the hybrid to work 😜

Was able to start flighting the ball a bit with it. Was in the woods this morning and was able to keep it down to get out. This club just works for me 😍

While you guys have your seven wood love fest I was putting the hybrid to work 😜

Was able to start flighting the ball a bit with it. Was in the woods this morning and was able to keep it down to get out. This club just works for me 😍
Best of both worlds here - and I'm glad to hear that this club is good at getting out of woods, I knew I made the right decision :LOL:

I played a round yesterday with no 3w in the bag and didn't miss it at all. Excited to have the tour 5w in my hands soon

anyone try the regular vs draw version? Much difference in the profile or shot shape? Looks like both are the same head size.
Curious on how the 7w would work. Currently playing the Epic Flash 7w set to 23 (+2* and Draw setting).
Its been really good but always looking to improve things.

I saw a bit of a difference when testing both in terms of shot shape but didn't notice much of anything in profile, although I have never been to sensitive to things like if clubs lie open or closed. I believe beyond the placement of the weights the head styles are the same. For me, I just didn't get as consistent contact with the draw version compared to the regular.

Note that the lie angle for the draw version starts 1 degree higher than the standard. So the Regular 7 wood standard lie angle is at 59.5 deg and can go to 60.5 in the draw setting, while the Draw 7 wood starts at 60.5 deg and can go to 61.5 deg. I believe the more upright club, for me, lead to not having as consistent of a strike.

Put the 3w and tour 5w right in the bag yesterday.

Tour 5w with Motore F1 I hit twice and absolutely loved the flight and distance was exactly what I expected and wanted. I initially had designs on making this my only fwy in the bag and playing it as a 4w but chickened out. Instead it will be my hybrid replacement and it’s fantastic.

The 3w with the RDX blue I had mixed results with. It seemed to perform better for me off the deck than the tee. Off the tee it spins up quite a bit more than I would like to see. I went this route because I didn’t like the deeper face of the big tour. It’s early in the game so time will tell. I can tell you this the peacoat color is 🔥

Also for some reason the face seems to look like there is more loft, like I notice the loft less on the tour 5w than the 3w 🤷🏻‍♂️. Maybe it’s the infinity face, I’m not sure but because of that it’s not suiting my eye at the moment. Has anyone else noticed that?

I mean I don't think you would have any use for high and strait flight with a soft landing, but if you insist then go ahead and get one.

Also for some reason the face seems to look like there is more loft, like I notice the loft less on the tour 5w than the 3w 🤷🏻‍♂️. Maybe it’s the infinity face, I’m not sure but because of that it’s not suiting my eye at the moment. Has anyone else noticed that?
It might be the face? I have the regular 5 and it definitely looks lower lofted than that.

Put the 3w and tour 5w right in the bag yesterday.

Tour 5w with Motore F1 I hit twice and absolutely loved the flight and distance was exactly what I expected and wanted. I initially had designs on making this my only fwy in the bag and playing it as a 4w but chickened out. Instead it will be my hybrid replacement and it’s fantastic.

The 3w with the RDX blue I had mixed results with. It seemed to perform better for me off the deck than the tee. Off the tee it spins up quite a bit more than I would like to see. I went this route because I didn’t like the deeper face of the big tour. It’s early in the game so time will tell. I can tell you this the peacoat color is 🔥

I believe you are correct on the Infinity face aspect. Compared to my Mizuno 5w @ 18° the Cobra 3w @14.5 looks to have more loft.🤔
20210710_113141.jpg

I hope this holds true for me. I've spoke to some of my troubles getting the fairway woods dialed in for me (but the hybrids are 🔥 for me). I have a RDX blue inbound as it was the only one of the stock options I wasn't able to test at the various fitters I had access to. Fingers crossed it performs well off the deck for me.

Back