Cobra RADSPEED Fairway Woods and Hybrids

I hit the Radspeed One Length 4H the other day at a fitting and wow, great feeling club off the face. Felt smooth like a knife through butter and I was getting great distance (for me as a 20 handicap). That was in the stock UST Recoil 480 shaft in stiff.

I liked it so much I instantly ordered the 3H to go with the set of Radspeed One Lengths I'd just bought!

Making me think about getting a Cobra driver now :eek:
This is not the right thread, but the XB driver is 🔥

Went out last night for 9 and hit 4 really good shots with these. First up was a 203 yarder with the 3 wood that left me 15' for birdie. Shown below

20210726_190642.jpg

Next up 185 out of the rough over water with the 5 Wood to catch the right side of the green.

The next hole was a 173 yard par 3 and hit the 7W to the back fringe.

Last but not least on hole 9 I was 215 out up hill and hit the 3W to just about 5' shy of the front fringe to recover from a poor drive.

I love these FW's. Arccos says I am gaining 2.3 strokes on approach over a 14 handicap (where they think they can get me) from 200+ approach shots. That is squarely because these FW's are so playable for me.

For those that have the Big Tour, what are the trade offs you're seeing compared to your driver?

I have a Sim set at 12.5 because I struggle with getting the ball in the air. I've seriously contemplated getting this and turning it down to 13 for strictly a tee club.

I picked the Big Tour for a different reason, a 3w with certain features, but believe it's characterics shine through as a mini-driver as well.
It's low spin but high launching, however still manage to keep that penetrating flight without balloning, this was important for me since I play a lot in windy conditions.
To me the name big tour is a bit confusing, compared to the other Radspeed alternatives it's larger yes but compared to the other major brands 3 woods from Titleist, Taylormade, Ping & Callaway it isn't a larger profile at it's 173cc - so size wise I wouldn't consider it a mini-driver.

What you should think about is that cranking down the loft to 13 will open the club face, might not be an issue, but if you're already fighting misses to the right that adjustment is likely to hurt you.

As a suggestion I'd say that you should test the Mizuno ST-Z 3w against the Big Tour, that model is extremely forgiving with even higher launch and more spin.

The 3w off the tee is beastly. Hit it a couple times today in that situation and both times was a beautiful high draw over 250 :oops:

The 3w off the tee is beastly. Hit it a couple times today in that situation and both times was a beautiful high draw over 250 :oops:
I really hate to hear this 😂

Played exclusively with the fairway wood off the tee tonight, the 5 wood lofted down to 17 deg, for six holes. (A pleasant little walk, I’m all in the three sixes approach). I’m starting to sort of my swing issues to make this club sing. It was solid off the tee when I got out of the way. Best thing was the ball flight. It was just penetrating. It seemed to climb for a long time and with that nice trajectory, not a balloon. Two more months to dial it in for the Morgan Cup.

The RadSpeed hybrid from the rough gave me my first look at an eagle this year. Might be the rails but this club just doesn’t care what kind of lie you have.

Confidence with 3w and tour 5w are all time high right now. Absolute weapons for me off tee or deck.

Decided to do an experiment last night, and played 18 without pulling the driver. I was hitting fairways almost for fun, and the 3w actually had to stay in the bag a couple of times because I was running out of fairways with it. This thing is so so hot, is an absolute cannon and I could not love it any more :love:

Plus the 7w off the deck is still absolutely outrageous! Long, and feels like launching a PW. It does seem to sit pretty shut to me though, but other than that these FWs are all winners. Complete winners....

Hit a few more real nice shots today with the 5 & 7. These things launch so well. Just easy peasy and they feel really good too. The sound is nice and crisp with an ever so slight ting.

Played some mountain golf this weekend where placement takes a priority over distance. The RadSpeed 4h for me was basically just point and shoot all weekend, even when I explored the toe a bit. I was also impressed how it handled a really tight lie off some hard pan under a tree. I was concerned that the rails would be an issue with possibly thinning the shot but they passed the test with flying colors.

OK, so I've said it before and I'll say it again. These FWs are absolutely insane. I'm not sure whether I've landed on the perfect pairing of shaft, head and setup, but these are just absolute rocket launchers for me. I played last night, and had a number of 3ws of 250+ that were absolutely dead straight with maybe a touch of peel right but were slap bang in the middle of the fairway. I'm now hitting the 5w on a number of holes where I used to play 3w just because I was running out of fairway.

And off the deck? Jeez.....weapons. I find it hard to believe that there could be any better suited FWs to my game in the market currently.

The 21 and 24 degree hybrids are so consistent. The drop off on bad strikes isn't horribly punishing and the distances fill gaps just as designed. This may be the most under rated release of the year.

I just hit the 5 wood on the 190 yard par 3 behind my house. I just took middle of the green distance because it was too dark to see the flag. I absolutely pured it. Got to the green and it left this giant beast of a crater for a pitch mark and stopped 12 feet later. I freaking love these fairways. So high, so strait, so pure.

Last edited:
The RadSpeed 4h is just automatic for me…. I’ve done this twice in a row on this hole now, (minus missing the birdie putt on the last one…🤦‍♂️)

753A29AD-3A76-4C32-BCB3-130CB8D3D613.png

I put in the graft as my friend @HarlettoScara would say with the fairway wood and it’s starting to pay off. This one was a beauty to set up birdie. Didn’t get any run as the course was a soggy mess but again, the ball flight on the fairway woods is pleasant.

08BE6448-C06D-4628-BCE0-35930BB6292A.jpeg

The 5 Tour has really came to life the last few range and sim sessions. Slowly becoming a go to club. The 7 wood is still a mystery. Love the look and feel but hit it as high as I do far. It’s an200 yard pitch shot.

As all my Morgan Cup friends have mentioned these fairways are legit! Played with a guy last night who I was constantly out driving all day. On the last drive he got me by 5yds and was gloating…till I told him I hit 3w 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣🤣

The tour 5w replaces a hybrid for me nicely as well, because of the size it’s essentially a bigger hybrid but with a bit more pop I think. I love that because of the design I don’t really see the loft and have no fears of it going left.

What sort of yardage gains are people seeing with the 3 wood?
Im hitting my mavrik great but its getting too much height and im losing a good 20-30 yards.Im getting punished quite a bit when its basically dropping straight down.

What sort of yardage gains are people seeing with the 3 wood?
Im hitting my mavrik great but its getting too much height and im losing a good 20-30 yards.Im getting punished quite a bit when its basically dropping straight down.
Not sure about gains, but I am seeing definitely the same distances as my previous Titleist FW wood, but these are higher launching and straiter for me. They are super playable. I also think they did the Tour or better player options really well. Instead of having a concurrent line they made a 3W extra tee option (Big Tour) and a smaller than standard option for hitting off the deck (the Tour FW which is 5W loft).

I have the Tour 5 Wood and unless I intentionally play it low to run it, it will hold a green. Its rare I hit it for distance so its hard to say

I wouldn’t say I’m seeing any crazy distance gains either I have always hit 3w pretty far. The tour 5w is is my 230 and gaps pretty perfect

Back