Cobra RADSPEED Fairway Woods and Hybrids

IMO, based on what I’ve heard and seen it’s such a low spinner with the toward CG that the 5w loft realm is where it’s extremely playable, and workable. It’s basically a strong 5w, and turned to 17 would make a very fun 4w imo.
Kind of what I'm thinking about the 4w. The Big Tour was a Big Miss for me last season. I've always liked the smaller heads of the tour version but never pulled the trigger on one. I played a 2h last year at 17* and loved it, might just have to stick with the regular version if I want a 3w this year.

Kind of what I'm thinking about the 4w. The Big Tour was a Big Miss for me last season. I've always liked the smaller heads of the tour version but never pulled the trigger on one. I played a 2h last year at 17* and loved it, might just have to stick with the regular version if I want a 3w this year.
That regular version though, man that was fun to hit!

That regular version though, man that was fun to hit!
It was for sure! Maybe thats the ticket for the 3w and maybe the tour 5w instead of a hybrid :unsure:

It was for sure! Maybe thats the ticket for the 3w and maybe the tour 5w instead of a hybrid :unsure:
Dan will hate on this, I myself adore the idea!

IMO, based on what I’ve heard and seen it’s such a low spinner with the toward CG that the 5w loft realm is where it’s extremely playable, and workable. It’s basically a strong 5w, and turned to 17 would make a very fun 4w imo.
I just moved to an F9 Tour 4/5 wood at 16* as a 3 wood replacement. You are spot on - very fun club, and gorgeous in the smaller Tour footprint. The 3/4 lofted version was going too far for me even at 15*, so the 5 wood should be adjustable enough to find the distance you are looking for.
Fortunately the F9 and SZ Tour models are still available in 3W lofts :). I would be curious to hear if anyone noticed different turf interaction since the change to hollow rails in these clubs. That, to me, was the main difference in the SZ release.

Fortunately the F9 and SZ Tour models are still available in 3W lofts :). I would be curious to hear if anyone noticed different turf interaction since the change to hollow rails in these clubs. That, to me, was the main difference in the SZ release.

Appreciate that but being the Captain of the 2021 Morgan Cup I will be playing the new gear this season ;) If you aren't familiar with the Morgan Cup you can read about here. Each player gets a full bag of new gear and the tour player treatment for the weekend. I'm just in the planning stages based on what we know so far so kind of talking out loud if you will.

In regards to the rails I played the Big Tour Fwy last year which had little to no rails compared to the regular version and they were missed in the fairways and rough.

Appreciate that but being the Captain of the 2021 Morgan Cup I will be playing the new gear this season ;) If you aren't familiar with the Morgan Cup you can read about here. Each player gets a full bag of new gear and the tour player treatment for the weekend. I'm just in the planning stages based on what we know so far so kind of talking out loud if you will.

In regards to the rails I played the Big Tour Fwy last year which had little to no rails compared to the regular version and they were missed in the fairways and rough.
I mean....that’s pretty cool......:ROFLMAO:

Sweet, so I guess the $$ savings of using a previous model aren't a factor either ;-)

That's too bad about the Big Tour rails, but it sort of reveals that Cobra intended the club to be a mini driver to be used mostly from the tee.

Hear me out with this one. With the current Radspeed Tour only coming in "5W", you have a unique opportunity to be The Most Interesting Golfer In The World. That's right: you can put TWO 5W clubs in the bag, one at 16* with a 3W-length shaft and one at 19* with a shorter 5W-length shaft. Thank me later. Poking through the F9/SZ/Rad specs, the stock Tour model shaft lengths have been getting shorter. I'm not sure why Cobra is chasing speed with some design enhancements and throwing speed away by shortening shafts, but I'm just a guy on the internet.

I mean I guess that's pretty darn cool right?

I really like my speed zone fairway and hybrid I’ll try these sometimes but going to be hard to beat the speed zone I’ll wait for some more reviews in a few months

Swipe through for the pictures.

Big YAY. That little dude is fun to hit.

Yes! Speedzones were fun to play last year. I’m sure the Radspeeds are too.

YAY! That fwy has some serious pop in it! Plus...PEACOAT ❤

that looks pretty damn sweet... the shape and the color are very appealing to my eye

The hybrids are half inch longer than last years I’ll still may buy one to replace speed zone but may wait till next year model

As Captain of Team Headcove......err I mean Hackers. I am really excited about this part of the bag. Anyone gaming or testing a RADSPEED FW yet?

As Captain of Team Headcove......err I mean Hackers. I am really excited about this part of the bag. Anyone gaming or testing a RADSPEED FW yet?
I didn't swing any yesterday but I did have a look see. I should have snapped a photo but I did notice that the head shape of the Big Tour Fwy looked a little more compact than last years model to me. Anyone else able to compare?

I didn't swing any yesterday but I did have a look see. I should have snapped a photo but I did notice that the head shape of the Big Tour Fwy looked a little more compact than last years model to me. Anyone else able to compare?
I am definitely thinking more the standard RADSPEED. I hit a lot of hybrids and FW's into greens so I like the higher launch and flight a slightly more weight back head offers. I hardly ever use a FW off the tee. I just don't hit driver far enough to justify that.

I need to get to Golf Galaxy and hit the Motore F3 a bit in the 5 wood to confirm that's where I want to go, but that's the game plan now.

That’s what I am thinking this year

For those of you that have played the RadSpeed hybrids: Do they feel to upright or to long? Just browsing specs they seem to be 0.5 inches longer and 0.5 degrees more upright than my Apex19 hybrids. With them not being adjustable I worry about hitting them left.

I've seen a bit of talk here and there about the FWs this year and it seems like some common opinions are the favorable leap they made with this year's big tour model. Anyone have a chance to test out both models?

Took a look at the RAD Speed hybrids last night. Something I didn't realize, the regular version is glossy and the OL version is matte. I really liked the matte finish on the SZ last season and wasn't feeling the gloss version so I gave the OL 3h a try yesterday.

For whatever reason OL is just not for me 🤷‍♂️ I had trouble elevating the ball, same issues I notice every time I try a OL club. Not sure I will have a hybrid in the bag this season or not :oops:

I'll be spending a bit of time with the RADSpeed Fairway wood upcoming (I know, I know.. breaking my 2021 rule).

After hitting it on the sim, I had to come in here to speak a bit about the strike experience, which I think is the best they have offered in some time. It's definitely a wow. Going to need to improve my swing a bit more before celebrating distance as I'm still dealing with some spin/swing/path issues with these and drivers, BUT... When i squared this thing up, it feels SO rewarding. Just absolutely flush feedback to my ears and hands.

I just got the 21 hybrid and it will replace a BioCell 19 and Mavrik Pro 23 degree hybrid. Really love the Rad Speed hybrid. So nice feeling off the face and long and straight flight.

I really recommend to try it if you are in the market for a new hybrid this year

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Back