Cobra RADSPEED Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Took a look at the RAD Speed hybrids last night. Something I didn't realize, the regular version is glossy and the OL version is matte. I really liked the matte finish on the SZ last season and wasn't feeling the gloss version so I gave the OL 3h a try yesterday.

For whatever reason OL is just not for me 🤷‍♂️ I had trouble elevating the ball, same issues I notice every time I try a OL club. Not sure I will have a hybrid in the bag this season or not :oops:
7 wood?

I may go with a 7 wood as my experimental club. I've never gamed one and it really would be extra as I move from 5 wood to a 4H, 5 iron. I can imagine it will fly to the moon.

The fairways look so so good this year. Will be doing a fitting next week on them for my MC bag. Can’t wait to see what combo end up with.

I've gamed the Cobra F9s: 3 & 5. I just added the 7.... go ahead and laugh. There are times and conditions. The F9s were great. It would take a lot to take them out of my bag.

How about OL FW's? All 5 wood length?

How about OL FW's? All 5 wood length?

I have thought about getting a 3 wood at 5 wood length but not sure on this particular club it would make that much difference with my strike pattern. How many head covers you going to have? :)

I have thought about getting a 3 wood at 5 wood length but not sure on this particular club it would make that much difference with my strike pattern. How many head covers you going to have? :)
D, 3, 5, 7, 4H, Putter? I need the length. I play old man golf LOL!

D, 3, 5, 7, 4H, Putter? I need the length. I play old man golf LOL!

I am looking at D, 3, 5 tour, and maybe the 7 wood as an experimental club. I would have never considered the purchase as well as I hit my present hybrids. I may dump the 3 wood for a standard 5 wood and get a OL 4H.

The fairways look so so good this year. Will be doing a fitting next week on them for my MC bag. Can’t wait to see what combo end up with.
How many FW's do you think you will want?

I am looking at D, 3, 5 tour, and maybe the 7 wood as an experimental club. I would have never considered the purchase as well as I hit my present hybrids. I may dump the 3 wood for a standard 5 wood and get a OL 4H.
That part of the bag is so much personal preference and their are so many different ways to go it makes it hard to decide.

Seems like a lot of headcovers 😂

That part of the bag is so much personal preference and their are so many different ways to go it makes it hard to decide.
Hackers really are going to be #TeamHeadcover! I'll be contributing at least 5, possibly 6...

Typically I’ve been 3 wood, 3 hybrid, 4 iron.

Pondering the MC bag to slide in the 5 wood, and shift the rest to 4 hybrid, 5 iron. My old 5 wood, small head, forget the brand, was my favorite club back in the day

I am very interested in how I hit the hybrid. I have had Taylormade Rescues and Ping hybrids in the past that were hook machines. The Apex 19 I have now is money, so I want a good hybrid. I am not opposed to getting a 5w or Utility. So many choices.

🚨 *** ALERT *** 🚨

Morgan Cup decision made.

:cobra: RADSPEED 3w HZRDUS RDX Blue Stiff

:cobra: RADSPEED 2H UST Recoil 480 ESX (F4) cut to 40.5"

Bag is looking like this at the moment
Rad Speed XB motore f1 peacoat
Rad Speed 3,7 wood with motore f3 peacoat
King forged tec utility with catalyst
5-gw king MIM tour copper with black $taper
54 snakebite classic grind
58 snakebite versatile grind

For those pondering all FWs the same length, very easily doable and possible to get the head weights to match too with the adjustable weights. Very underrated idea

Bag is looking like this at the moment
Rad Speed XB motore f1 peacoat
Rad Speed 3,7 wood with motore f3 peacoat
King forged tec utility with catalyst
5-gw king MIM tour copper with black $taper
54 snakebite classic grind
58 snakebite versatile grind
That’s a sharp bag.

This section of my bag is the only question other than maybe RDX blue vs Motore F1 on the driver.

I don’t carry a fairway wood. My 3 wood replacement is a Mizuno 2H turned down to 15 degrees and it’s my go to club for a huge amount of shots.

I’ve thought about a 3 wood then Tour 5 wood setup but I’m not sure I would ever need both clubs. Is The 3 wood forgiveness much different than the 5 Tour?

Does 3 wood, 19 conventional hybrid (replacing Apex19) then a 7 wood or 21 degree OL hybrid make sense? Having trouble getting my hands on the demos to try. I play hybrids very well and the 7 wood would basically be an experimental club.

Open for Suggestions!

This section of my bag is the only question other than maybe RDX blue vs Motore F1 on the driver.

I don’t carry a fairway wood. My 3 wood replacement is a Mizuno 2H turned down to 15 degrees and it’s my go to club for a huge amount of shots.

I’ve thought about a 3 wood then Tour 5 wood setup but I’m not sure I would ever need both clubs. Is The 3 wood forgiveness much different than the 5 Tour?

Does 3 wood, 19 conventional hybrid (replacing Apex19) then a 7 wood or 21 degree OL hybrid make sense? Having trouble getting my hands on the demos to try. I play hybrids very well and the 7 wood would basically be an experimental club.

Open for Suggestions!
The rails on the 3w make it super easy to hit for me. I was surprised how easy the 3w was to hit. You have to try it out.

The rails on the 3w make it super easy to hit for me. I was surprised how easy the 3w was to hit. You have to try it out.
I had a different experience in the fitting today. The rails seemed to bounce the club and was catching a lot of items low. It was to the point where we started trying to get the Big Tour dialed in. Tried several shafts and it just wasn't clicking today.

It might have been predominantly user error as we got the fairways after the irons and driver and to be fair, I was wiped. But when I snuck my gamer 3 wood in, an older Taylormade Burner, I was able to see gains.

The local rep is dropping off a utility iron for me to test those tomorrow or Friday. All the virtual bags I built for the MC was fairway wood heavy. Now, I am not so sure. :unsure:

I had a different experience in the fitting today. The rails seemed to bounce the club and was catching a lot of items low. It was to the point where we started trying to get the Big Tour dialed in. Tried several shafts and it just wasn't clicking today.

It might have been predominantly user error as we got the fairways after the irons and driver and to be fair, I was wiped. But when I snuck my gamer 3 wood in, an older Taylormade Burner, I was able to see gains.

The local rep is dropping off a utility iron for me to test those tomorrow or Friday. All the virtual bags I built for the MC was fairway wood heavy. Now, I am not so sure. :unsure:

Just one day. Comfort in the longer woods off the deck is a very important thing. Did you see potential with some of the shots?

Back