The last few months I have been living on the toe and seeing similar distances to my last irons with the RADSPEEDS, which was remarkable to me. The alst 2 weeks I have ben working to lower my hands in my swig a bit and now I am hitting the center of the face much more consistently. The results? A big pickup in average yardage yesterday during 9 holes. I hit the 6, 8, & 9 further last night than I had hit either of the 3 ever before. A full club and a half over my Arccos recommended yardage. I love these irons and am so glad I decided to go forgiveness here instead of ego. I am really looking forward to trying to beat @jdtox with these in my arsenal. My man I feel like things are coming into gear for Vegas. Can't wait to meet you and face off. It is going to be an absolutely epic competition.
You're peaking at just the right time Dan, can't wait to see you pull these out of the bag in a couple of weeks!

Cobra was super fast - I ordered my Radspeed irons with MMT shafts and had them in one week.

Decided to add a 5 iron to the set and ordered it on Friday and have it in my hands today (Wednesday).

Had any hit these side by side with the forged Tec? I’m curious how they compare distance-wise, loft for loft.

I’m thinking about replacing my forged Tec 5 (23 deg) with a RadSpeed iron. Leaning 6 at 23.5 deg but I also know you can’t just go loft for loft.

Any insight is appreciate.

So while in the golf shop today I had them set me up with a RadSpeed in my shaft. The feel of the iron was great but the performance was solid. I was carrying my shots around 170, caught one real heavy but still carried 166. That experience pretty much solidified my decision to pick a long iron up to replace the Forged Tec five iron for when my game gets a little rusty. A black one will slide in nicely between the 4 hybrid and the copper irons.

when folks say play the most forgiving one you can look at, including the club designer, we should probably listen

Last edited:
Picked up my One Length Radspeed iron set today (finally!) that I'd ordered back in July.

The "Cobra Ambassador" that works at the store told me I was lucky to get Radspeed irons now as he had an email last week stating that Cobra have suspended all Radspeed sales in Europe indefinitely. They are so short of the heads in America that they've all been shipped over there to make up the shortfall in that territory.

Also mentioned that there are no new Cobra irons coming until the middle of next year. Probably announced in Mar/Apr.

So while in the golf shop today I had them set me up with a RadSpeed in my shaft. The feel of the iron was great but the performance was solid. I was carrying my shots around 170, caught one real heavy but still carried 166. That experience pretty much solidified my decision to pick a long iron up to replace the Forged Tec five iron for when my game gets a little rusty. A black one will slide in nicely between the 4 hybrid and the copper irons.

when folks say play the most forgiving one you can look at, including the club designer, we should probably listen
I am using my 6 iron for just this. I find utility irons are too blade like so a big old GI iron is great for this purpose as they launch the ball so darn high and reduce spin. The RADSPEED are a really nice GI set. I like them as a club better than Hot Metals and about the same as a T300. Should have gotten the standards instead of OL, would have enjoyed them even more.

I am using my 6 iron for just this. I find utility irons are too blade like so a big old GI iron is great for this purpose as they launch the ball so darn high and reduce spin. The RADSPEED are a really nice GI set. I like them as a club better than Hot Metals and about the same as a T300. Should have gotten the standards instead of OL, would have enjoyed them even more.
Mine just showed up last week. Hoping it gaps well between the 4 hybrid and forged tec 6 iron. I hope to get to the range with it this week.

Utility irons are too blade like? I think the King Utility and the RAD 4i are very similar in both looks at address and sole width.

Utility irons are too blade like? I think the King Utility and the RAD 4i are very similar in both looks at address and sole width.
I agree from having both the king utility and now RadSpeed long irons in hand. Very similar in appearance.

For me I just wanted black (🤷‍♂️) and felt the RadSpeed would gap better in my particular case compared to trying to make the 4 utility fit.

In general rather than Cobra specific. I have not tried the King Utility.

Just put the RadSpeed 6 iron in play. I added it to the bag after seeing that's how Jose and Yagley had set up their bags. And even though @jjsportz and I were able to steal away a point from @Master Yagley during Alt Shot at the Morgan Cup, I would have to say he is a better ballstriker than me.

It took the spot of the Forged Tec 5 iron. The lofts are close and a quick chat with Yagley confirmed the FT 5 and the RS 6 should be comparable in terms of distance. At least enough to start with stock and tweak from there if needed.

Had three shots with it today. The first two gapped really right at the distances I was seeing with the FT 5. The third was a tee shot on a dogleg left where you run out of room right around 200 yards. I didn't rotate at all and caught it WAY out on the toe. I was frustrated but the ball held its line like a champ, lost maybe 10 yards of distance but I was still able to split the fairway, knock a 7 iron onto the green for an easy par.

That shot right there is why the club will likely be a mainstay in the bag.

A friend of mine just got a new set of Radspeed irons, FW and Driver. Is it safe to assume with the perimeter weighting like it is, that the iron will be pretty forgiving across the face. He didn't get fit for the clubs, but he does need a little help. They seem like they are strong lofted and forgiving. Fair assessment?

Yes they are very forgiving in terms of distance and direction.

A friend of mine just got a new set of Radspeed irons, FW and Driver. Is it safe to assume with the perimeter weighting like it is, that the iron will be pretty forgiving across the face. He didn't get fit for the clubs, but he does need a little help. They seem like they are strong lofted and forgiving. Fair assessment?
Very much so. They should be quite hot for him and give him center face like strikes much more often.

Very much so. They should be quite hot for him and give him center face like strikes much more often.

Thanks for the information! He'll be excited about it. Me not so much. I enjoyed being a few yards ahead of him 🤣🤣🤣

Thanks for the information! He'll be excited about it. Me not so much. I enjoyed being a few yards ahead of him 🤣🤣🤣
Hey, you can buy easy to hit irons too. 😉

I've got a RadSpeed 6 iron to sit between my Forged Tecs and Hybrid. It has a nice solid thump to and was able to cut through some dodgy early spring lies like a champ. It will be fun to compare this to the Forged Tec in that spot of the bag.

Anyone gaming these ?
What did you move on from to game the Rads ? Any low spin issues ?

Anyone have them and move on? If so why and to what ?

I believe he is using LTDx irons now.
You're right, good call as I had forgotten that. Moving on the same line makes sense.

I forget what he came from pre-RadSpeed. I'm sure we will find out soon.

Anyone gaming these ?
What did you move on from to game the Rads ? Any low spin issues ?

Anyone have them and move on? If so why and to what ?
I was gaming these on OL. I loved the RADSPEED setup and forgiveness, but was not a huge fan of OL (really high ball flight with the scoring). I had no low spin issues. Plenty of launch to create a nice soft landing on approach. The distance consistency is really nice with them as well. I also think the Cobra profile in this segment is the best look at address alongside the Mizuno Hot Metal because they don't use a ton of offset. I liked them so much I quickly upgraded to LTDx in VL.

Back