Great write up!!! These are like a GI/Players iron combo all rolled into one. Lots going on here.

Is that more of a satin/brushed nickel sole like the old Pings that held up really well?
If so, me likey.

Sole finish is similar to the SpeedZone in my opinion, but anything has held up better than the recent Pings, have no idea how the older ones held up.

Do the OL heads look different visually looking down at them? Like is the more sole width, top line width, etc? I’m having trouble remembering from previous releases if there is a difference in that area between variable and OL.

Sole finish is similar to the SpeedZone in my opinion, but anything has held up better than the recent Pings, have no idea how the older ones held up.

Wasn't the SZ sole chrome? These don't look chrome.

This reminded of the old Pings circa G15 that pretty much look the same new as they do after 500 rounds. That raw tumbled type finish.

has cobra become so much more innovating or what?!
i should probably look at OL irons just because.

Wasn't the SZ sole chrome? These don't look chrome.

This reminded of the old Pings circa G15 that pretty much look the same new as they do after 500 rounds. That raw tumbled type finish.

I guess it depends where on the sole. Part chrome with some satin.
These are all satin as they do not feature that "bulge".

There is a ton packed in to these. Definitely shouldn't be overlooked.

Lots of interesting technology in these! The 3D printed Medallion seems interesting to me. I wonder if with a custom set you could customize the color of that. The green is the one thing that I'm not a fan of in these.

I keep looking back, and the Black PVD with the neon green/yellow 🔥🔥🔥. Just screams fast, and I really want to swing one!

Great write up on these fantastic looking irons from Cobra.

Was ready to push button on a Speedzone 4i along with adding another MIM wedge to the bag, but now pondering if I should wait for the RAD!?!?👊

Compared to F9 and Speedzone, I think they really refined the lines on this head. You're taking what was openly defined as SGI and brought it back a bit to compete with some of those blended sets between performance and forgiveness. It's a great move.

For the 3D printing, weight ports, and carbon fiber? That is ALLLL about radial weighting my good man. Getting the weight where it needs to be in unique ways.... and having gamed the last two versions in a 4 iron, I can guarantee you the carbon fiber is not bothersome visually at all.

I totally get what you're saying about the weighting and what it can do. And trust me...I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET!! HAHA!! I was strictly going off looks. They just don't appeal to me, visually. I have not yet had the privilege to see the carbon top line, first hand. So, I am basing all this on pictures. I know, I know, the whole book and cover thing. HAHA! It just seems a little off for me. Now, given the chance I would NOT turn down and opportunity to hit them. I am a big :cobra: and would never count anything out that they produce. I guess I am going to be finding a place, next month, to give these bad boys some swings.

Gotta say one thing, this is what I love about :thp:. No a-holes. Just opinions and getting and giving info.

I totally get what you're saying about the weighting and what it can do. And trust me...I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET!! HAHA!! I was strictly going off looks. They just don't appeal to me, visually. I have not yet had the privilege to see the carbon top line, first hand. So, I am basing all this on pictures. I know, I know, the whole book and cover thing. HAHA! It just seems a little off for me. Now, given the chance I would NOT turn down and opportunity to hit them. I am a big :cobra: and would never count anything out that they produce. I guess I am going to be finding a place, next month, to give these bad boys some swings.

Gotta say one thing, this is what I love about :thp:. No a-holes. Just opinions and getting and giving info.
I can't wait to hear what you think. I'm crazy excited to hit them myself!

I could get some real RAD ball speed out of these!

Now, I am getting excited. HAHA!! I really want to hit these bad boys! I have to wait a whole 7 weeks!? Man!! First world problems!

Have you ever gamed a full set of the F9 or SZ irons for a length of time, or just for testing?

Excluding the 4i bombers of course ;)

That black with blue looks amazing.

Have you ever gamed a full set of the F9 or SZ irons for a length of time, or just for testing?

Excluding the 4i bombers of course ;)
I have not.

Rumour has it I'm going to be forced into playing at least a couple sim rounds with OL when I go back to the tech studio though, so I'm sure I'll know more eventually haha

Wow, great idea on the black option - absolutely love how my forged tec blacks look and would be very tempted to spring for the upcharge here.

I have not.

Rumour has it I'm going to be forced into playing at least a couple sim rounds with OL when I go back to the tech studio though, so I'm sure I'll know more eventually haha
With recoils, if that's what you yest, sounds like fun being forced to play them ;)

Boy these look so good! and sound like they perform even better! If I were in the market for mew irons these would be high on the list, if not at the top.

Having played the OL set for a while now, I can say that they absolutely nailed it. The sound, feel and look are absolutely what I was hoping to see and Cobra delivered.

Where it really delivered however was getting the ball flight right. I am seeing 10-12 yard gaps from 5 iron through AW and launch angle and peak height is what I traditionally see out of variable length.

I have not.

Careful or you'll start sounding like GU when it comes to OL

the sound is one of the things I am most excited to experience.

Cobra flat out does not get sound wrong in irons right now.

Back