Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Has Cobra Golf gotten your attention yet? Cobra RADSPEED Irons should.

You would be hard pressed to find a company that is pushing boundaries as hard as Cobra is, and not only that, but literally creating new ones with never before seen processes and design applications in golf. 

Well, fresh off the heels of releasing a fully 3D printed putter, THP rundown can be read here, they are bringing that application and much more to their game improvement iron release this year. If you have been paying attention, then you know that the feedback from THP’ers as well as golfers everywhere on the last two entries from Cobra in the F9 and SpeedZone irons has been nothing short of superlative. So how to you follow that up? You get RAD. ...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
There is SO much going for this iron.

A brand new way for fitters to aggressively dial in swing weight on the fly.
3D printed medallion to maximize weight optimization while retaining sound quality.
More aggressive overall shaping to slide this head more into the mid range category and less in the SGI realm visually.

Good.
Lord.

Something about these really intrigues me. I like the tech story (Cool to see 3D printing show up again), and it's cool to see the mention of the screw weight for fitting purposes too - I think that's an area where, outside of PING, you haven't really seen people discuss. The heel-toe weighting reminds me of the G410/25, actually, and that's been really well received as an approach in terms of forgiveness.

I'm sure these things are absolute rocket launchers, if previous iterations are any indication.

I’m confused, the article says OL is chrome only, but the black picture includes a OL version. Clarification?

Yes, yes yes yes yes !!!!
Love me my T-Rails but they better be scrrrrdd as these might make the bag.

• Staff

3D printed medallion to maximize weight optimization while retaining sound quality.
More aggressive overall shaping to slide this head more into the mid range category and less in the SGI realm visually.

Good.
Lord.
Yessir! All things we got into hot and heavy in the article! 🔥🔥

Good.
Lord.

All of this!

I have been playing the One Length version for a bit now and absolutely love them.

• Staff
I’m confused, the article says OL is chrome only, but the black picture includes a OL version. Clarification?
The info I worked with said chrome, but that’s clearly changed. It’ll be edited.

Soooo much tech. :love:

Cant wait to see some in hand pictures but they look a bit more palatable than the last gen SPEEDZONE irons which my vanity couldn't get over.

These are more appealing to me than the Speedzone. Lots of great tech in them. Maybe time to give OL a try???? :unsure:

I need to read this one again because there is a lot going on with this iron. I like a lot about what they are trying to accomplish with this release.

Cool story with the adjustable toe weight and the stock shaft options should cover most players.

I wonder what the breakdown in sales will be between the OL and traditionals.

I enjoyed the read very much.

If THPers aren't trying this iron, they are crazy. I cannot wait to hit them.
Tomorrow I plan on unleashing 7i bombs. The chase for 200 🚀

These look really awesome, I know a lot of people couldn’t get over the appearance of the sole on the F9 and SZ lines. Love the turbo yellow colors but wouldn’t get to play them haha

All of this!

I have been playing the One Length version for a bit now and absolutely love them.
I still don't believe you.

But I do believe you've hit these, and I'm excited for your thoughts.

Hmmmm interesting.

I like these. Seem to look pretty good based on the graphic and renderings, but I am wondering. How is the weight in heel and toe or what they’re calling radial weighting any different than previous attempts in irons (theirs and other oems) the last few years? Not being skeptical of their tech/marketing just wondering.
It seems like everyone is saying similar points in terms of placing weight in different areas to help the majority of people to expand that sweet spot or help get that cg placement in the best position for playability in this category of club.

Radial weighting, thinner look, with weight moved away from the CG to the heel and toe, there’s lots of good changes in these new irons from Cobra.

Would definitely consider these in OL as that is the uncharted frontier for me. I’m very interested in seeing what OL can do for my game.

7ED40650-BEB1-4922-BAB5-AE83FED3F23B.jpeg
E02E5BB9-18BA-4236-A4E8-1031477A30C4.jpeg
F2A17BE9-671B-49D0-AE8D-6CF0C77FFBAE.jpeg

The OL definitely has my eye and attention. I've not tried them yet, but certainly plan on giving them a go next year. From the sole, what's the size difference compared to the Forged Tecs? I get these are the upgrades to the SZ irons, yet, I'd also think the Forged Tecs would still be in play for a lot of players

Good.
Lord.

Ok so this semi answered some of Question . Should have read more before asking haha.
We’re getting that good weighting (and adjustable weighting per say with that toe screw) in a much more appealing package compared to sz/f9 or other oem in this category?

OL, in black? (at least in the pictures) I think it's time to get properly fitted for OL this time around.

Back