So I went to look at ordering a single 4i today. Go to the custom build and go to select my shaft flex option and when I go to pick graphite, it shows as +$100. That's the same amount as when you go to upgrade to graphite on the full set of irons. That can't be right can it? $100 extra just to go graphite on a single iron? $229 per. I will wait to possibly grab one of these when they have that figured out lol

Was it one of the aerotech shafts? It was 15/club for the stock graphite upgrade when I was building and pricing 4i and SW.

Edit: building them now, +15 for graphite, and an additional 42 for aerotech. Still only 186/ club...

So I went to look at ordering a single 4i today. Go to the custom build and go to select my shaft flex option and when I go to pick graphite, it shows as +$100. That's the same amount as when you go to upgrade to graphite on the full set of irons. That can't be right can it? $100 extra just to go graphite on a single iron? $229 per. I will wait to possibly grab one of these when they have that figured out lol
Its a glitch on the site. If you go to the next drop down box and click shaft it shows what the cost is per iron.
The Recoil 460, 780 and Catalyst are no upcharge options. Recoil 95 is $15 upcharge and any of the Steelfibers or MMT are $42

Any idea when or if I person could order the black pvd heads in a set ?
Now that the RAD's are on Cobra's site I see nothing about the black option on there.

Its a glitch on the site. If you go to the next drop down box and click shaft it shows what the cost is per iron.
The Recoil 460, 780 and Catalyst are no upcharge options. Recoil 95 is $15 upcharge and any of the Steelfibers or MMT are $42
Yeah I saw that. But it still keeps the extra $100 on there even when I go to check out. No big deal, I will just wait until that is fixed. I was looking for the black finish and I'm going to be paying extra for that anyway so no rush for me

Had a chance to hit the RAD 7i at my local shop today.
First off, loved the styling of the club. Coming from the T-rails the RAD's are a little smaller profile. It would be at the end of my comfort zone there.
I put up next to the G425 just for a comparison. Both are very close in size to one another.
What surprised me the most about the RAD is the sound/feel. Maybe it was partly the head and partly the shaft (tried the Catalyst graphite shaft) but it had a really soft feel to it for a cast club. One of the nicest feeling that I have tried. I thought the graphite inlay in the topline made it look fairly thin.

Given the 7i is 27.5* and 37.50" It specs out similarly to my T-Rail 6i which is 27* and 37.75".
The RAD was really low spinning. I had a chance to hit my T-rail with Modus 105R shaft earlier this week on a GC2 and had no problems getting to 4500-5500 spin with plenty of launch. The RAD with KBS Tour 90 was around 4200 spin and the Catalyst for some reason was ultra low spinning for me around 3500-3700. The fitter their saw me hitting it and said that no way would he ever let me leave the store with 3500 spin. He said he would definitely need to work with me on shaft selection to try and get the spin up.
As for distance, decent strikes were around 145 carry and pured shots about 150 carry.
Normally I hit my T-rail 6i 150 yds off the turf and 155 off a short tee, so they were pretty comparable.c Definitely on my continue to demo list. Next time I want to try the Elevate 95 shaft (this store didn't have it to try).

Some pics I snapped.
A753C538-C30D-4B36-B4CC-9592074C3EFC.jpeg0A8350A8-1DBC-4BEA-8466-DBAB1C50C0CB.jpeg331920FC-E3B6-46C1-9FF4-E695CE430AFA.jpegF8AEEE26-26A5-4740-9821-877C17E7B47E.jpeg2116DC6E-9E05-4738-9798-B5F318809433.jpeg

No one finds that odd looking line on the top of the club distracting? My eye went right to it

No one finds that odd looking line on the top of the club distracting? My eye went right to it

I would probably get over it within a few swings. Same way I did with D300 irons

I didn't find it to be distracting at all

For those that have checked out the custom build, what shafts are you thinking of getting? What free shaft option is best?

True temper elevate 95
Kbs tour
Kbs tour+
Kbs tour 90

For those that have checked out the custom build, what shafts are you thinking of getting? What free shaft option is best?

True temper elevate 95
Kbs tour
Kbs tour+
Kbs tour 90
Wow not a lot of no upcharge options this year. For me I think it would be the elevates

The more I look I am leaning toward these in my Morgan Cup bag. @AndyL0711 I am thinking KBS $-Taper Lite.

@jdtox there are more options than those. I saw several on the Golf Galaxy's custom shop.

The more I look I am leaning toward these in my Morgan Cup bag. @AndyL0711 I am thinking KBS $-Taper Lite.

@jdtox there are more options than those. I saw several on the Golf Galaxy's custom shop.
Kbs over true temper? To be honest I don't know the difference....not a tech guy

Kbs over true temper? To be honest I don't know the difference....not a tech guy
The KBS are at 110g. I need a little extra weight. At 95g I start to turn over too fast and pull a lot of balls.

The KBS are at 110g. I need a little extra weight. At 95g I start to turn over too fast and pull a lot of balls.

Just from a shaft weight consideration, when I demo the OLs, I'm really going to give the Recoil 95 Protos a long look. I still swing the 110s decently but I've heard too many good things about the 95s not to look at them. I should've looked at them during the MC selection process but was scared off because of the lefts I experienced with the 780s.

True temper elevate 95
Kbs tour
Kbs tour+
Kbs tour 90

I'm looking hard at the OLs and think i'm going to go with the stock KBS tour shafts that are weighted different through the set.

I loved the $-tapers in my current set and might have done those if they were in stock in stiff.
Scared off from the $-taper lites which had some breakage issues on the MC team.

I'm looking hard at the OLs and think i'm going to go with the stock KBS tour shafts that are weighted different through the set.

I loved the $-tapers in my current set and might have done those if they were in stock in stiff.
Scared off from the $-taper lites which had some breakage issues on the MC team.

What happened here?

Hmmm, I don't know if I put a move on the ball good enough to do that 😂
They are probably fine for most people, but I've been known to swing aggressive. And Texas ground can be unforgiving.

someone broke a couple shafts at the hosel. 🤷‍♂️

FWIW they weren't with the Speedzone Irons they were the Forged Tec.

One beastly swinger and a normal swinger as well.

someone broke a couple shafts at the hosel. 🤷‍♂️

According to KBS it was a bad batch of shafts and it has been rectified. No idea if true, but I don't think another shaft had any issues.

True temper elevate 95
Kbs tour
Kbs tour+
Kbs tour 90
Of those I’m going Elevate if I do get some RAD’s. Not a big fan of Tour 90.

Anyone heard when the black pvd finish is going to join the party?

Back