I had KBS Tour in Ping i200s and had to replace the 5 iron shaft and the 6 and PW were bowed. I doubt I go back with them. DG 105 suits me perfectly.

According to KBS it was a bad batch of shafts and it has been rectified. No idea if true, but I don't think another shaft had any issues.
Actually @MarMill had some breakage issues with some Nippon Modus 3's as well. Though I don't recall if we ever found out an answer as to why

Actually @MarMill had some breakage issues with some Nippon Modus 3's as well. Though I don't recall if we ever found out an answer as to why
Someone switched something on the machine that preps the tips of the shafts. They were getting prepped too thin and heads were flying everywhere. After they fixed that situation Jose said they didn't have any more problems.

Has anyone else got a shipping notification yet? Looks like mine shipped today...

:twist:

Mine should be here tomorrow, I’m excited. Will get out Friday if they arrive. Stay tuned! lol

Received an email from Cobra the black Pvd finish will be available 3/26 . Right hand only.. crap

Received an email from Cobra the black Pvd finish will be available 3/26 . Right hand only.. crap
Haha sucks to be a lefty I get my Standard finish clubs tomorrow... let you know how they hit Friday...

Last edited:
Ya, I cant go PVD, my rounds all sand and stuff...

hmm, there's no longer a right handed option for custom one length orders. crazy if they are out of stock already.

Got em. 9:30 tee time booked for tomorrow after I drop the kiddo off at school.
32A827AE-2CE6-4E4F-991D-C41E7D780C2C.jpegBB02B061-9BA1-4616-A9F4-C6710B3A572B.jpeg

Those look sweet . I guess I will go ahead and order the standard finish in variable length . Thanks for posting .
gb

2E01DB7F-5A5D-4F7D-BCFC-EFB3E2F8D6F3.jpeg
Just finished a round at Great Eagle CC, weather on the front nine was perfect, 50-60 degrees and a light breeze. Course was empty until the back 9, got stuck behind a slow foursome so I hung back and ended up playing with a twosome so we wouldn’t all be stuck waiting all morning. Wind picked way up on the back 9, was blowing a solid 20+ directly at us for the last 4 holes. Finished before the rain hit.

Anyhow, on to the Radspeeds. These clubs are incredible. I didn’t mess with the Arccos yet, I just wanted to get a feel for the clubs.

Excellent feel, my Rogues didn’t give much feedback, they either had no feel on a sweet spot hit, or harshness if you didn’t. These have a larger sweet spot with excellent feel and feedback, even on mis-hits.

The short irons (7-GW) play about a loft stronger in distance than my rogues. I believe the lofts are similar, so it’s the clubs. I didn’t notice any gapping issues with the short irons. I absolutely love OL in the short irons, and my swing was very consistent. The 5/6 will take a little getting used to for me, being OL. I was trying to swing them too hard, when I backed off and let the club do the work they did well.

I was a little concerned that I would find the clubs to be a little “chunky” looking, photos make the sole look a little fat, but at address it is not noticeable. I did not find the carbon fiber top to be distracting, in fact I really like it.

I played a course that was sandy in spots, especially the range. The faces seem to hold up well. I didn’t hit from any rocks, if I’m playing for fun I move the ball. If I have one gripe, and it’s a minor one, the back of the club can get sand and dirt stuck inside. Time will tell if this is an issue.

I like my shaft selection, they are regular flex but play stiffer than the Aldila Synergy 60s I had in my Rogues, in regular flex.

Overall I’m impressed. Feel was outstanding, and never harsh, even on some really poorly hit balls, I never got any jarring vibrations, like I would with the Rogues.

I don’t want this to sound like I’m bashing the Rogues- I’m not- they were good clubs and I would be happy to keep playing them had I not gone OL. But the Rads are truely that much better.

View attachment 8990873
Just finished a round at Great Eagle CC, weather on the front nine was perfect, 50-60 degrees and a light breeze. Course was empty until the back 9, got stuck behind a slow foursome so I hung back and ended up playing with a twosome so we wouldn’t all be stuck waiting all morning. Wind picked way up on the back 9, was blowing a solid 20+ directly at us for the last 4 holes. Finished before the rain hit.

Anyhow, on to the Radspeeds. These clubs are incredible. I didn’t mess with the Arccos yet, I just wanted to get a feel for the clubs.

Excellent feel, my Rogues didn’t give much feedback, they either had no feel on a sweet spot hit, or harshness if you didn’t. These have a larger sweet spot with excellent feel and feedback, even on mis-hits.

The short irons (7-GW) play about a loft stronger in distance than my rogues. I believe the lofts are similar, so it’s the clubs. I didn’t notice any gapping issues with the short irons. I absolutely love OL in the short irons, and my swing was very consistent. The 5/6 will take a little getting used to for me, being OL. I was trying to swing them too hard, when I backed off and let the club do the work they did well.

I was a little concerned that I would find the clubs to be a little “chunky” looking, photos make the sole look a little fat, but at address it is not noticeable. I did not find the carbon fiber top to be distracting, in fact I really like it.

I played a course that was sandy in spots, especially the range. The faces seem to hold up well. I didn’t hit from any rocks, if I’m playing for fun I move the ball. If I have one gripe, and it’s a minor one, the back of the club can get sand and dirt stuck inside. Time will tell if this is an issue.

I like my shaft selection, they are regular flex but play stiffer than the Aldila Synergy 60s I had in my Rogues, in regular flex.

Overall I’m impressed. Feel was outstanding, and never harsh, even on some really poorly hit balls, I never got any jarring vibrations, like I would with the Rogues.

I don’t want this to sound like I’m bashing the Rogues- I’m not- they were good clubs and I would be happy to keep playing them had I not gone OL. But the Rads are truely that much better.
Sweet, sounds like a fairly seamless transition outside the long irons?

Sweet, sounds like a fairly seamless transition outside the long irons?
Absolutely. I still have a Rogue 52* wedge and a MD4 56* for around the green. I didn’t get to hit the GW much, the 8-PW were awesome, and I was able to hit greens pretty regularly. I didn’t get many swings on the 5/6, I work the next 4 days so next week once I’m off again I’ll either get a couple of range sessions in or another round or two. I hit a small bucket for warmups before my round and that was it.

View attachment 8990873

How did the irons hold the green ? How would you describe the ball flight you were getting ?
Thanks gb

How did the irons hold the green ? How would you describe the ball flight you were getting ?
Thanks gb
I’m not a lights out golfer like some here, so I’m probably not the best to answer that, lol. That being said, I was playing some solid bogey golf today, ball flight was higher than the Rogues they replaced, and was excellent in 7-GW, I didn’t really get many swings on the 5/6 so the verdict is still out. Seemed to hold greens well, the ones I hit anyway, lol. The greens were fairly soft compared to how they usually are, we got quite a bit of rain the last week. I’ll update again next week after I get another round or two under my belt.

Hit these today. They are officially the leader in the clubhouse for my Morgan Cup bag. They look fantastic and they perform really well also. The heads have maybe the least offset in this category of club and the head shape is very appealing. They feel good on impact and go plenty far enough. I am even more excited now about the Cobra bag that is coming together in my head.

Back