Hit these today. They are officially the leader in the clubhouse for my Morgan Cup bag. They look fantastic and they perform really well also. The heads have maybe the least offset in this category of club and the head shape is very appealing. They feel good on impact and go plenty far enough. I am even more excited now about the Cobra bag that is coming together in my head.
OL?

Edit: oop just saw your other post. 👍

OL?

Edit: oop just saw your other post. 👍
I'm thinking so. They looked good. The PW was fine and not obnoxiously long. I think I'm going to give it a go. I'm also going to go 100% graphite shafts I think.

Hit these today. They are officially the leader in the clubhouse for my Morgan Cup bag. They look fantastic and they perform really well also. The heads have maybe the least offset in this category of club and the head shape is very appealing. They feel good on impact and go plenty far enough. I am even more excited now about the Cobra bag that is coming together in my head.
Wait I thought you were thinking Rickies blades? :cool:

This is big news!!

Did you hit them against the other Cobra offerings?

Did you hit them against the other Cobra offerings?
Yes I hit the Forged Tec also. These are just bigger and more inviting looking. They also launch and fly really well for me. I was hitting RADSPEED more consistently. The Forged Tec was great I just want forgiveness and distance for this bag.

Yes I hit the Forged Tec also. These are just bigger and more inviting looking. They also launch and fly really well for me. I was hitting RADSPEED more consistently. The Forged Tec was great I just want forgiveness and distance for this bag.
The only thing I don't care for on the similar Speedzone, is off center strikes go well, but they don't feel or sound too good. How did the misses fly, and sound/feel?

With that said, I want consistency in my irons. I care about distance some, but, overall, i'll trade yardage in my irons for more GIR. Good launch and flight sounds good to me as an introduction to RadSpeed!

Received an email from Cobra the black Pvd finish will be available 3/26 . Right hand only.. crap
Catching up on the thread and I see this. Big bummer. At least I know I can order one now without missing out on that.

I missed a few off the toe. It was flying maybe 10 yards shorter and fluttering right a little. The sound and feel dulled a bit out there.

I'm thinking so. They looked good. The PW was fine and not obnoxiously long. I think I'm going to give it a go. I'm also going to go 100% graphite shafts I think.

I think it's worth it as part of your fitting and selection to consider going with graphite shafts in the irons.

Any problems with the wedge going too high?

Any problems with the wedge going too high?
Not that I could tell. I kind of lose distance at those higher lofts now due to lack of swing speed so that extra length might help me a bit with that. These seemed plenty long for me. 110ish carry with the RADSPEED PW.

Anyone ordering with weaker lofts ?

I was having a hard time getting the spin over 3500 “, launch over 19* and descent over 40* with the RAD 7i.

I thought it was my swing that day but I grabbed my trusty T-Rail 7i and it was 5k, with 22* launch with a 42* descent.

Getting out again today with the Rads. I made a decision to keep the Hybrid in the bag, and force myself to hit my 5/6 irons as much as possible. I’m now hitting them as well as I did my variable length clubs. I’m pin-seeking like a mofo today...
A141022D-95CB-4A5B-BC17-EE249590E44E.jpeg
150 yard 8 iron, on a par 3, drained it for bird.
6A321171-A588-4F4A-8A01-82BD14A2E983.jpeg
Stuck behind a group who won’t let me through, so played 2 balls, both 9 iron shots were great, parred both balls this hole.

Getting good trajectory and distance on the 5 and 6. Loving these irons.

Call me vain if you wish. I love my KFT irons. I like the looks the feel. I also know that a little forgiveness in long irons could help. Considering mixing my bag. Adding and experimenting with OL Radspeed 5 and 6. Bag make up would then be 3 and 4 hybrid standard length one length 5 and 6 Radspeed 7-pw forge tec completed with 50 54 and 58 sm8 wedges. Talk me into or out if it.

Call me vain if you wish. I love my KFT irons. I like the looks the feel. I also know that a little forgiveness in long irons could help. Considering mixing my bag. Adding and experimenting with OL Radspeed 5 and 6. Bag make up would then be 3 and 4 hybrid standard length one length 5 and 6 Radspeed 7-pw forge tec completed with 50 54 and 58 sm8 wedges. Talk me into or out if it.
Granted I've never gamed them, but I kinda see OL as an all or nothing proposition.
If you are hitting a full shot that is not a wood, it needs to be OL to really be worth it.
At least that's how I have rationalized it in my mind.

I think whatever is the most comfortable or gives you the lowest scores, go with it.

I’m variable length on my 3i and 5h (that are both the same length and same shaft) OL 5-GW, and variable length again in SW and LW. After hitting the OL GW some more today, I don’t think I even need the SW, the G gaps nicely to my 56* MD4, that I use for everything under 50 yards and around the green.

I don’t have any plans on going OL in hybrids. Jury is still out on OL 4i and SW, but at this point I don’t think I’m going to need them.

Thoughts after my second round with the Rads. I absolutely LOVE these clubs. Feel is superb. I quit trying to kill the ball and stuck with a smooth repeatable stroke for every swing. And it worked. The long irons came alive. I hit the 5 anytime I would have normally hit my longer clubs. And I was impressed. Lots of feedback on off-center hits. And when you pure one, wow. My concerns about the long irons have been put to rest.

Additionally, I really like the Smacwrap shafts. They do an excellent job of preventing unwanted vibrations from reaching your arms while providing plenty of feedback.

I haven’t had a chance to hit these, but I saw them in the store today and they looked really nice. I am loving my forged tec, but these shiny new ones have my attention. One Length, of course :)

I need to take a ride to GG or PGA Superstore in Natick.
I really want to hit these in OL.

I really think a 4 iron from this set would serve as a great driving iron. Maybe even the 5 iron bridging into the King Tours. Have to wonder if the 4 iron in this set is so powerful that it would go the same distance as a Radspeed 3H at 19 degrees?

I really think a 4 iron from this set would serve as a great driving iron. Maybe even the 5 iron bridging into the King Tours. Have to wonder if the 4 iron in this set is so powerful that it would go the same distance as a Radspeed 3H at 19 degrees?
A lot of us have used the speedzone 4i in a similar manner. And yes, off the tee it's longer than my 4h and not much shorter than my 3w.

A lot of us have used the speedzone 4i in a similar manner. And yes, off the tee it's longer than my 4h and not much shorter than my 3w.

any issues from the fairway? I'm finding my hybrids right now can just about be combined and I'd never know the difference. Never had any experience with a Utility iron and have kinda narrowed it down to a Radspeed 4 iron vs a King Forged Utility (maybe even one length) to play along with a 3H and Tour 5W.

any issues from the fairway? I'm finding my hybrids right now can just about be combined and I'd never know the difference. Never had any experience with a Utility iron and have kinda narrowed it down to a Radspeed 4 iron vs a King Forged Utility (maybe even one length) to play along with a 3H and Tour 5W.

It's 98% a tee club for me. Mixed results the few times I've gone full swings. Use it a lot for punch outs to good effect.

Back