How is the pw and gap wedge for chipping and pitching around the greens ?
thanks gb

It's 98% a tee club for me. Mixed results the few times I've gone full swings. Use it a lot for punch outs to good effect.

I am so dependent on hybrids for punch outs. I really do take the term "Rescue" club to heart. Can you compare this 4 iron to the Utility?

I really think a 4 iron from this set would serve as a great driving iron. Maybe even the 5 iron bridging into the King Tours. Have to wonder if the 4 iron in this set is so powerful that it would go the same distance as a Radspeed 3H at 19 degrees?
I’m considering the 5 and 6 and possibly a 4 in one length mixed in with my standard length king forge tecs

Played my 3rd round with these today. Once again I kept my FW wood and Hybrid in the bag, forcing me to hit 5/6i as much as possible. I am now comfortable with all of these irons in OL. PW and GW are excellent. But I full swing them- but will vary the strength. I kept a standard variable length MD4 56* for around the green. I have no issues transitioning between them, probably because I use the LW pretty much every hole.

I really think a 4 iron from this set would serve as a great driving iron. Maybe even the 5 iron bridging into the King Tours. Have to wonder if the 4 iron in this set is so powerful that it would go the same distance as a Radspeed 3H at 19 degrees?
I’m not sure about the driving iron. I don’t have the 4i, and am not sure if I will get one. I don’t think it’s needed at this point. I kept my Rogue 3i as a utility/ driving iron, it’s the same length as my 5 hybrid for consistency. I’m still having a mental block when I need some serious distance on my long irons, hitting OL.

thanks gb
I’m not a long hitter, so I full swing my PW and GW around the green at different strengths down to about 70 yards. And they are excellent. The dude I was paired with today complemented my short game- even on an off day for me. Inside 60-70 yards I use my standard variable length MD4 and choke up if I need to.

thanks gb
For clubs in this category they would be good. There is very little offset in these. They look really good in hand and I have been playing Titleist CB's for 6 months.

I got my rad speed 4 iron with graphite looks great haven’t had a chance to hit yet to cold but the speed zone 4 iron graphite was awesome didn’t need to change but I did

I just placed an order for a set of Rad speeds 6-pw,gw . I decided to go with stock Ust Recoil 460 esx , I prefer the lighter weight and have used the 460 in the past in a set of Callaway xr irons. I like the higher ball flight I get with the 460's .
Should be here in a couple of weeks , but sadly likely won't be able to get them on the course till the first part of April here.
gb

I just placed an order for a set of Rad speeds 6-pw,gw . I decided to go with stock Ust Recoil 460 esx , I prefer the lighter weight and have used the 460 in the past in a set of Callaway xr irons. I like the higher ball flight I get with the 460's .
Should be here in a couple of weeks , but sadly likely won't be able to get them on the course till the first part of April here.
gb
Hit that combo yesterday. I think it’s the longest 7i carry wise that I’ve ever hit. Usually allocate 140-145 for a 7i with my t-Rails. Granted the RAD lofts are stronger but it was around 155-157 carry. Spin was good though. Still over 4K for me.

Hit that combo yesterday. I think it’s the longest 7i carry wise that I’ve ever hit. Usually allocate 140-145 for a 7i with my t-Rails. Granted the RAD lofts are stronger but it was around 155-157 carry. Spin was good though. Still over 4K for me.
Nice.. Good to hear. I can use some distance not getting any younger . My current 7 iron is 135-140 ish . Playing some older Sldr irons they feel and play nice ,but the loft on the 7 iron is about 32* loft . I imagine there will be more ball speed with the power shell face and stronger lofts .

Nice.. Good to hear. I can use some distance not getting any younger . My current 7 iron is 135-140 ish . Playing some older Sldr irons they feel and play nice ,but the loft on the 7 iron is about 32* loft . I imagine there will be more ball speed with the power shell face and stronger lofts .
If you’re playing a 32* 7i these will easy be 12-15 yds longer with the 7i being 27.5”. Shaft will probably be a little longer too.

Just hit about 25 balls with the RAD speed 7i. These launch plenty high for the strong lofts and on well struck shots I’d say they have a nice crack sound/feel not unlike the Forged Tec last year.

Also 180 yard carry 7i are interesting

Just hit about 25 balls with the RAD speed 7i. These launch plenty high for the strong lofts and on well struck shots I’d say they have a nice crack sound/feel not unlike the Forged Tec last year.

Look forward to the arrival of the 5&6 one length I ordered. Hoping they ship late this week

Stay out of this thread, you're getting RF protos :p

A lot of us have used the speedzone 4i in a similar manner. And yes, off the tee it's longer than my 4h and not much shorter than my 3w.
Bryson Dechambeau and Rickie Fowler are doing this. That's a pretty dang strong endorsement of this club and it's look and performance.

Just hit both the OL and regular versions in 8i. The regular version has more distance for me. It makes zero sense especially if the OL is 7i length right?

That being said they are easy to hit and launch plenty high for strong lofts. Do they feel as good as MIM? Nope not even close but man these potentially could make golf easier to play.

I guess I’ll get to send this one back. Grip not completely down to end cap and if it was club would be a half inch short. 6696590C-8F69-48AC-B977-53B0EB0FCE53.jpeg

Heading out to hit some clubs Friday and these are for sure on the list. My plan is to go OL this year and I really like the Forged Tec, but haven't had a chance to try these yet. I want to at least give these a go before I order the FT as the feedback from everyone has been too positive to not see for myself.

I am hard pondering the RadSpeeds now. Part of it is dreaming of the Morgan Cup. Part of it is just thinking about what should be in my bag just for my game. My biggest hesitation and why I think the other brands might be leading is I just don't like the color scheme for either the OL blue or the variable length color.

Back