Ordered my 5i on February 17th. Just patiently waiting hoping to have it for our course opening on Saturday :)

Dropping a little review and some pics of my radspeed OL 5i. Should be hitting the course pending weather soon.

Bigger sole than forged tecs by quite a bit.

PXL_20210310_043550347.jpg

More interesting is the face is barely bigger, if any.

PXL_20210310_043606148.jpg
PXL_20210310_043627710.jpg

Over the Radspeed definitely looks a little chunkier but I actually like the carbon fiber top line and it's a bit improved from the speedzone.

Into the net, it feels like a SGI club. Nothing wrong with it but not the smooth feel you get even with the forged tec. I just want it to go straight and long though, feel is not important.

Speedzone 4i vs radspeed 5i
Sole design smoothed out all over

PXL_20210310_043710302.jpg

Top line as well.

PXL_20210310_043854810.jpg

Currently my 4i is playing a little over 3 inches longer than my 5i, lol.

PXL_20210310_043928756.jpg

Any additional thoughts as the ground thaws from those who bought over the winter?

I hit the RadSpeed 7i today for the first time and used it to hit a few of the longer 7-irons of my life. I liked a lot of things about them - they look great down by the ball, seem plenty forgiving and are easy to hit. High tech and modern are thoughts I had when holding it. Glad I got to play with them a little!

Checked on my 5i order today and the heads are backordered. Since it is going to be used as a driving iron pretty exclusively, with the rare foray in to the fairway, I changed my order to a 4i and it should ship next week! Super excited since golf is starting to gear up here and the courses are all starting to open up!

Ordered my Lh set of Rad speed irons a little better than 3 weeks ago . now on back order .. ahh . Still have at least couple of weeks before we open here.
gb

I’m starting to think the 4 iron in the RADSpeed could be a very solid driving iron.

I’m starting to think the 4 iron in the RADSpeed could be a very solid driving iron.
I previously had an F9 for that exact purpose and loved it! So much so that I got a RADSpeed 4i this year even though I bought a set of Apex Pros. The gapping may be a tad bit of an issue but I only ever used it from the tee anyway so I'm not too worried.

I cancelled my order with Cobra today for a set of standard length 6-gw irons . At best they told me mid May. So... I found a retailer that has the both standard length and one length in stock 5-gw . What the hell I ordered a set of each . I will see what set I like and send the other back .
They will be in next week .

I am really excited about getting these in. I have been playing a Player's Distance iron (Titleist T200) so these should add a nice bit of forgiveness for me.

I am really excited about getting these in. I have been playing a Player's Distance iron (Titleist T200) so these should add a nice bit of forgiveness for me.
As you should be. Had it not been for copper I may have been gaming a set of these.

Thoughts on these now that they have been out a while ?
I’ve tried the 7i demo with like 5 different shafts now and even with a V1x can’t get it to 4K spin or above a 40* descent. My 6i Trail with modus at least gets me 4500-5200 with a 42-43* descent usually. Wanted to love them but man they are low flying and spinning for me

Back in black
156C6732-2ED9-45AC-9E16-939E06FDE140.jpegC30246A7-1AFE-4366-9A19-D800E7EF97B7.jpegABCCA996-E291-42B0-9B77-9241A3E3CC9D.jpeg758C38F8-3BF1-4403-A367-9DB8CB8EDBB0.jpegD9BE7DAC-3F93-4D9E-9C03-81B1621E1D50.jpeg

Black is cool looking . The retailer that said they had both variable and one length sets in stock didn't have left hand . I have given up on trying to land a set and moved on sadly

I can't wait to see what my OL with the 480 ESX Smacwrap Black shafts look like! 😘

I super excited for mine with the 780s, which I think are black also.
First time for me have graphite iron shafts.

Last edited:
I super exited for mine with the 780s, which I think are black also.
First time for me have graphite iron shafts.
Haha, yes they are black cause that's what I got, miss typed 480. :dohanim:

Haha, yes they are black cause that's what I got, miss typed 480. :dohanim:

I am also not sure why I keep misspelling excited, like the 3rd time in a MC post

@Scooby45 shared this with Team Paradise and it is some good watching. Lofts don't mean everything....who would of thought. :ROFLMAO:

@Scooby45 shared this with Team Paradise and it is some good watching. Lofts don't mean everything....who would of thought. :ROFLMAO:

it was pretty interesting that matt's apex was almost identical to his much weaker-lofted gamer irons. the rad got to that apex much later in flight than his gamers, and the rad consequently had a much shallower land angle. so on one hand it's nice validation that loft-jacking actually exists for a reason, and achieving the same peak height with less loft and more ball speed gives more distance. on the other hand, it was interesting to see how much stopping power matt lost, even at his above average speeds.

certainly not a conclusive test, but an interesting one.

it was pretty interesting that matt's apex was almost identical to his much weaker-lofted gamer irons. the rad got to that apex much later in flight than his gamers, and the rad consequently had a much shallower land angle. so on one hand it's nice validation that loft-jacking actually exists for a reason, and achieving the same peak height with less loft and more ball speed gives more distance. on the other hand, it was interesting to see how much stopping power matt lost, even at his above average speeds.

certainly not a conclusive test, but an interesting one.
Yes Matt at that speed lost stopping power but us mere mortals with much lower ball speeds would not have quite the same result. Also they talked about using a different ball to get more iron spin. All fascinating stuff. The effect of the carbon fiber on the top line to move the weight shows just how much you have to look at the total package and not just the loft.

Yes Matt at that speed lost stopping power but us mere mortals with much lower ball speeds would not have quite the same result. Also they talked about using a different ball to get more iron spin. All fascinating stuff. The effect of the carbon fiber on the top line to move the weight shows just how much you have to look at the total package and not just the loft.

You mean what we have been saying here for a decade :ROFLMAO:

i would think us mere mortals with less speed would have an even harder time managing descent angle. we don't have the speed to elevate it like matt does. so now we're hitting a lower apex, with lower spin, and likely seeing even more release. obviously the golfer's unique delivery will come into play, but as a lower launch lower spin player, these radspeed irons and others of its ilk aren't something i pursue.

You mean what we have been saying here for a decade :ROFLMAO:

i was definitely guilty of thinking "i need a higher ball flight and more spin, let me buy different golf shafts." but thp opened my eyes to how much more ball and head design influence launch and spin than anything else.

i would think us mere mortals with less speed would have an even harder time managing descent angle. we don't have the speed to elevate it like matt does. so now we're hitting a lower apex, with lower spin, and likely seeing even more release. obviously the golfer's unique delivery will come into play, but as a lower launch lower spin player, these radspeed irons and others of its ilk aren't something i pursue.

Most golfers do not suffer from low spin, so there is that.
The fortunate ones that do :ROFLMAO: yes they can adjust with iron type or ball. As we showed in a video previously, over 1000 rpm difference with an 8 iron with nothing but a ball change.

Back