Cobra Speedzone vs Tour Edge E521

Scorp

Lacking competent adult supervision
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I want a new to me driver. Something made within the last 2 years. Prices on those 2 drivers are reasonable to me. Please don't suggest Taylor Made. I want to get away from them and I don't like their recent designs.

I'm left handed so that limits me in the E521 to 10.5* I'm ok with that because my current driver RBZ is 10.5 set to 11.5* I think. Is the E521 as good as the Cobra? Driver swing speed would be considered slow. I might get 195 yards if I'm lucky with my RBZ. My Mizuno ST190 3W goes just as far.

My normal miss is a push/slice. Occasionally it's a draw. I don't use my driver off the deck. It's tee box only, and I don't really have an issue getting the ball airborne. It's a medium-ish flight I'd guess.

I'm wanting something that goes further than my RBZ with more forgiveness. I like the lifetime warranty with the E521 but is the Speedzone better, and the warranty is not a deciding factor. I like that I can get a new E521 for $229. A used speedzone isn't that much more when I see them but is it worth getting over the E521?

I can't hit these drivers to test them. My local golf store doesn't have the clubs... their lefty section is very small... so it's going to be the Internet for me and trusting THP.

Back