Cobra TWS Hybrid .335 hosel.

Knot Right

Reaction score
I've been experimenting with a lot Taylormade, Hogan, and Titleist hybrids lately and have come to the conclusion that I still prefer the head on my older Cobra TWS. The problem is that the stock shaft ( Aldila DVS-HL stiff 65 gram 4.5 torque) is a little too loose for me. I'd like to install a new shaft with the torque down to around 3.5 with a mid bend/kick point

As you all already know........ the .335 shaft choices for hybrids are extremely limited.

Has anyone has reamed/drilled one of these hosels to .370 ?

I've gone from .355 to .370 before with no issues, but I'm a little leery of taking a .335 to .370 without thin walling.

TWS Baffler.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reaming the hosel that much would make me leery as well, like you said thinning out the walls might backfire unintentionally. Have you tried finding wood shafts in the profiles you like with a larger parallel tip to help with the added head weight of a hybrid and avoid losing to much of the butt end to regrip?

I've used fairway wood shafts, as long as you have enough tip section. This is designated in shaft specs as PTS. You could also find the same Hyb on ebay or something and have shafts swapped over.

If you have a 19* hybrid, tip it like a 19* fairway wood (5 wood) and then tip another 1/2"--since Hybrids have more cut off from the butt than fairways, the shaft plays softer with more butt section removed. Maybe just tip equal and don't do the extra half inch, you can always tip more and extend the club later.

I'm in the same boat, can't seem to get the 2012 T-Rail hybrids from Cobra out of my bag, but luckily that stock .335 made for Graphite Design shaft is a good fit.

Back