Cody James Putters

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone familiar? He's got some great work on Instagram, and like quite a few of the guys out there crafting beautiful putters, releases them here and there for purchase. Also has a custom option.

83b03b0a4288e455048d42c169e04680.png

07a1062ed244e01a3653cfdca3d6b512.png

582fcaa02fd957fa83dd3b006c5dc52d.png

526b797f948a98f4b08cec096830fbc5.png

c1ba9242a2a5664f34a2cf5a0697be24.png

I'm curious if anyone has any experience with Cody James Putters? I'm a huge fan of his work and have contemplated hard trying to get one in the past. It looks like he does some great work.

71313373-FF6F-47DC-8CAD-CD578C5F235E.png5EE8D7E1-F72A-4BC6-A94E-9BFF25B3B706.png32DCA6CC-6F98-451C-9788-DFBF66D678E2.png

Dang you Dan, I just posted this same thread!! Mine can be deleted, you have better pictures :ROFLMAO:.

Dang you Dan, I just posted this same thread!! Mine can be deleted, you have better pictures :ROFLMAO:.
haha, glad I'm not the only one burning up Friday evening hours on the gram!

I really dig what he's doing.

Reactions: KEV
Amateur use only! Haha

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

haha, glad I'm not the only one burning up Friday evening hours on the gram!

I really dig what he's doing.

His design is pretty clean and not overly fancy but still has enough creativity to be memorable.

@pmm21 would love to hear your thoughts on Cody James!

Big reason why I looked into him was from your comments in the putter value thread.
I never pulled the trigger. I have a design that I sent him two years ago, but I keep tweaking it and could never commit. The price is (was?) amazing for the quality of work he does. He's not so much a hand crafter, per se, but he's a hell of a machinist. I think I may have put Olson above him in my wish list, but one of these days I will have Cody build me that putter.

I never pulled the trigger. I have a design that I sent him two years ago, but I keep tweaking it and could never commit. The price is (was?) amazing for the quality of work he does. He's not so much a hand crafter, per se, but he's a hell of a machinist. I think I may have put Olson above him in my wish list, but one of these days I will have Cody build me that putter.
What kind of build were you thinking? Were his prices fair?

What kind of build were you thinking? Were his prices fair?
It was almost two years ago. It was a standard build, custom face mill, Newport style head, Plumbers Neck, 350g. The thing I liked was that he gave you a template and let you send in whatever you wanted. Being very design-minded, that really rung a bell in my head. I started with just a fancy engraving in the cavity, but it has grown from there. He quoted my $500. But again, that was a while ago.

It was almost two years ago. It was a standard build, custom face mill, Newport style head, Plumbers Neck, 350g. The thing I liked was that he gave you a template and let you send in whatever you wanted. Being very design-minded, that really rung a bell in my head. I started with just a fancy engraving in the cavity, but it has grown from there. He quoted my $500. But again, that was a while ago.
Yeah. The putters that are for sale on his site right now (all sold) are between 1,150 and 1,550.

Should have gone for it two years ago!

I like what I see here but I can’t help but feel that the standard looking stuff is just OK. Those customs are sweet though

"For amateur use only" is awesome

Whoa, never heard and really like whats going on there. Very clean.

I am not a blade style putter, but those are gorgeous! Really classy looking!

What I find interesting about James, is how little hand stamping there seems to be in the pictures.

Most of his 'element' work seems to be through the machine before he starts to polish/clean.

I really want one of these and wish they weren't so expensive.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't in contact with Cody James as well right now about a custom haha! All these unbelievable putter makers out there, and I am so curious about their process, price, and ability to make something dead on what someone wants.

This rabbit hole is an... interesting one.

Back