Cody James Putters

Wow, this guy is making some fantastic looking putters!!!

Just saw this for sale on eBay. The damascus is unreal, but could you game a putter with screws on the face? I tend to favor toe side on my misses.

bb86a5aca910e5ecfea8d5ca47fd50e6.jpg

0d6ce96997ca8cb535b59c21384f49b4.png

No. I like Cody, but that is stupid. Also damascus isn't that special. Check out my friends at Vegas Forge. They make it look easy

I noticed that the “price” isn’t the price with these. A bit of a dirty tactic there but I still dig the good

I noticed that the “price” isn’t the price with these. A bit of a dirty tactic there but I still dig the good

Can you expand on that? I dont know their pricing.

Can you expand on that? I dont know their pricing.
I could be wrong (small sample size having only recently learned of the brand) but it looks like there is a price to buy that is less than the list price but it goes back to list price after it sells so they look like they sell for more.

I could be wrong (small sample size having only recently learned of the brand) but it looks like there is a price to buy that is less than the list price but it goes back to list price after it sells so they look like they sell for more.

So its like MSRP and then MAP, but then instead of staying at MAP, it goes back to MSRP? Thats super strange.

So its like MSRP and then MAP, but then instead of staying at MAP, it goes back to MSRP? Thats super strange.
I hope I’m wrong but Instagram stores sure made it look like I’m not.

Interesting tactic if true. That said, his customs are probably a better value than buying off the site anyways. When I reached out he said this;

Customs start at $1,000, which gives you a few custom features standard such as engravings (logos, names, etc.), sight aids, face-milling (light, standard, or deep), matte finish, chrome shaft, and leather grip.

Timascus inserts range from $75-$250 depending on the insert and the placement. Custom finishes are also additional

That said, I asked about six questions (I assume that's normal when someone wants me to spend more than 1,000 dollars on something) four days ago and haven't heard anything back. Kind of weird.

Interesting tactic if true. That said, his customs are probably a better value than buying off the site anyways. When I reached out he said this;

That said, I asked about six questions (I assume that's normal when someone wants me to spend more than 1,000 dollars on something) four days ago and haven't heard anything back. Kind of weird.
I’ve been following a bunch of these companies closely recently and Cody has my attention but I’m also scratching my head

Its getting to be commonplace. Not just with putter companies. Talked to a cover company and still waiting on a quote from 6 months ago haha.

Its getting to be commonplace. Not just with putter companies. Talked to a cover company and still waiting on a quote from 6 months ago haha.
That's crazy talk. There are way too many good cover companies out there to put up with that.

I spoke a bit too soon on engagement. Cody was kind enough to cover all my questions after the weekend (everyone needs some time away, I get it!).

He's pretty focused on maintaining his own 'look' and avoiding things that others in the same arena are doing which I think is pretty cool. Sad that he doesn't do anything with GSS, but he has done Damascus, Timascus, and copper. I suppose if I go with one, it'll probably just be stainless.

I asked him about hand stamping as his work mostly does not have it, and he said he is just recently starting to offer it.

I r
I spoke a bit too soon on engagement. Cody was kind enough to cover all my questions after the weekend (everyone needs some time away, I get it!).

He's pretty focused on maintaining his own 'look' and avoiding things that others in the same arena are doing which I think is pretty cool. Sad that he doesn't do anything with GSS, but he has done Damascus, Timascus, and copper. I suppose if I go with one, it'll probably just be stainless.

I asked him about hand stamping as his work mostly does not have it, and he said he is just recently starting to offer it.

I respect that. He wasn't comfortable with stamping, and maybe he's had some time to practice. Not something you want looking like junk.

I respect that. He wasn't comfortable with stamping, and maybe he's had some time to practice. Not something you want looking like junk.
yeah, seriously. Looking at all the custom options, there seem to be places where the stamping is great, and places where the stamping is avoidable.

And the reference pic I sent was asking about tiered soles and unique neck variances -- And he referred back to both (it was a Lamb) noting that both seem to be Tyson staples, and it seems he wants to pave his own way.

That's pretty cool. Said he could do a milled neck which is interesting.

I know right?

Welcome to my fall-winter hell.

I hope I never dive down the rabbit hole that is the high-end custom putter market. I'll stick to shotguns, kevlar canoes, and custom paddle/wakesurf boards for now.:)

I hope I never dive down the rabbit hole that is the high-end custom putter market. I'll stick to shotguns, kevlar canoes, and custom paddle/wakesurf boards for now.:)
funny thing is, high end custom putters is cheaper than high end non-custom putters... Weird how that works out.

funny thing is, high end custom putters is cheaper than high end non-custom putters... Weird how that works out.
I just learned that and it’s nuts. I want something touched. Maybe just the sweet-spot.

haha, I had a feeling you were going there. Let me make matters worse..

I LOVE that lower left. Like an unhealthy amount

Back