Coffee Drinkers Unite

Weird my post doesn’t say otherwise.

I used to drink it like that when I was young, but evolved to bitterness

Love the stuff, stuggle without it. K cups dont work for us, go through too much coffee to hassle with those.

No creamer, milk, shpuger or any other @#&$ to hide the coffee taste. Simply black coffee. No Barista pouring me a double espresso mocha frappe cappuccino latte, again just simply black coffe.

Interesting point, we just purchased a coffee pot for our cabin and for whatever reason we chose a Stainless steel Percolator, man does that produce a robust flavor. When our drip coffee maker fails at our house, a percolator will probably be our next machine.

Been drinking coffee since I was about 8 years old - that's about 65 years.
I've been through bean grinding, french press, glass percolator, Bunn coffee makers, and others, but I've been won over by the convenience of K-cup coffees. There are so many varieties to choose from, and since I drink around 4-5 cups a day, it is nice to have a variety of blends on hand. Maybe my palette is not as refined as others', but the coffee tastes just fine to me.

Needed this for a humid Friday morning thats at the end of an exhausting week
20210820_064931.jpg

Just black Kirkland Columbian for me

Attachments

• D37A77CA-D162-484D-9F4F-CB67AB125A68.jpeg
    D37A77CA-D162-484D-9F4F-CB67AB125A68.jpeg
    34.2 KB · Views: 3
My current setupimage.jpg

Straight black from my Jura! Best coffee I’ve ever had.

621B4BF2-E31E-4460-99E7-0096F7EE2E12.jpeg

We drink a lot of coffee.
French press.
Super simple to use. Any leftovers go in a mason jar for a quick ice coffee later in the day.
If I’m in a hurry in the morning, it’s a Starbucks via instant packet. I know, I know, but really they knocked it out of the park when they designed them.

I made some cold brew in my Toddy, as one does when it's hot as heck out in the summer, and that's how I typically drink my summer coffee when it comes to the other 11 months in Minnesota it goes back to the traditional drip brewer.

@JB I love your passion for stuff you love. Those coffees look amazing.

@JB I love your passion for stuff you love. Those coffees look amazing.
Hahah well to be fair, it’s just pressing a button on this machine, but I do love good coffee

I drink Westrock East African Blend out of an entirely too slow Kurig. I take it with three spoons of sugar no cream.

Hahah well to be fair, it’s just pressing a button on this machine, but I do love good coffee
Yeah but...

How much research did you do in picking that machine out? How about the coffee you put in it? Your passion is knowledge gathering. I love it.

Yeah but...

How much research did you do in picking that machine out? How about the coffee you put in it? Your passion is knowledge gathering. I love it.

That part was a lot.

And you are right, I do like to learn. Im a history and documentary person and enjoy the heck out of it. It is why I spend so much time learning about golf equipment. I'm blessed to have virtually unlimited access to the best minds in golf in every category, learning from them has been amazing over the last decade plus.

Not OCD or anything ... the Technivorm is hiding in the cupboard.

The Breville allows a long preinfusion, temperature, and a slow brew for light roasted coffees when you want more extraction. It also has an SCCA Brew, Fast Brew and some other features I have not used like cold brew. The only downside is even though I warm it up with a flow of water through the machine, coffee does not stay as warm as I want. Solved that problem. Will post it later.

And that's just coffee. When the espresso machine returns from an update, will post it and the yuge grinder. OCD. At least I recgonize it. Had a girlfriend who asked, "When are you getting a machine that counts the beans?"

Coffee Bar.jpg

Last edited:
Coffee is getting expensive ... if you don't want it to grow cold, get this...

Ember.

Download App and control temperature of your coffee from your phone. Set it to any temp. If the coffee is colder than you want from the brewer, it won't be cold for long. If you want it to stay warm, you've got it. Never dump good coffee again ... unless you want.

Yes, unbelievably expensive at $90. But this audience is golfers who spend over $500 on a driver.... so let's just say that Ember will last years longer than our last driver.

Ember.jpg

Last edited:
Kureg for hot coffee, STOK for cold brew. Hot coffee in the cold weather and cold brew in warm. Coffee from my son's coffee shop, ground there.

Last edited:
Speaking of expensive, did I see you on the Kafatek forum?

Yes - getting a Monolith CR4 conical arrival in December. I have a Ceado E37S (the original 37 83mm Flat, updated for anti-clumping) with SSP Burrs but the Ceado is very sensitive to adjustment - the new burrs are in process of seasoning. Not my favorite grinder but very fluffy doses. i use a Decent funnel and WDT. Works well. Looking forward to the Monolith Conical.

The LaMarzocco GS3 has been waiting for parts for an update since May. Repair guy has it waiting. I am hoping by Fall that everything is ready to go, waiting for the Monolith, and I can resume my morning hobby.

I have a 25 yr old Rancilio Silvia that is serving as the backup

Last edited:
  • Appreciation
Reactions: mig
You’ll love the MC4!
Surprised La Marzocco hasn’t taken care of this sooner, must be a tough part to get?

Thanks.

I've got to be the greasy wheel and begin pushing.

Delicious layers

191F616A-98EA-4032-A1C1-E8DDF9972E4A.gif

Back