Coffee Drinkers Unite

We usually start with a pit in the morning of cheap coffee from sams club. Too early to care about flavor. Then I often have coffee again later on in the day and enjoy nicer coffee and fancier methods like aero press, French press, and pour over (which we just ran out of filters for 😬)

Demo... Stumptown

As to a normal pourover, it's not messy, and if you only want a cup of coffee, it's good but to do it right, it is somewhat exacting with timing and measuring. But if you don't care about those things, sure, get a bloom, pour evenly and slowly and go at it.

Do you find the Chemex produces better tasting coffee? I don't mind taking the time. It is nice to slow down and enjoy the process sometimes.

Yes, I buy Stumptown all the time! Great coffee.

I’m a burr grind and french press guy and source beans from all over.

If you really want to go down the rabbit hole, start with this forum:

2db45ca99ebfaddb8ccff1f66f488da6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was just looking 16.95 for 12 oz is a bit of a shock and to add shipping would be a deal breaker. haha
Yes, good coffee is not inexpensive -- they support the farmers as does Klatch, and it is not inexpensive. For espresso, if I'm doing a lot, I will buy the 2 lb bag.

The advantage of doing it with online people is that the coffee is only 2-3 days removed from roasting and the optimum time to use it is within 30-35 days. Grind finer as coffee gets old.

I’m a burr grind and french press guy and source beans from all over.

If you really want to go down the rabbit hole, start with this forum:

2db45ca99ebfaddb8ccff1f66f488da6.jpg

Was there for a couple of years ... when the La Marzocco is cleared up, I'll go back.

I grind the beans and then use a dip coffee maker. If we run out of beans, then we have a Keurig as a backup. I really miss my weekend WaWa coffees right now though. I am $3 from a free one too. When we get released back into the wild, that will be one of my first stops.

Yes, good coffee is not inexpensive -- they support the farmers as does Klatch, and it is not inexpensive. For espresso, if I'm doing a lot, I will buy the 2 lb bag.

The advantage of doing it with online people is that the coffee is only 2-3 days removed from roasting and the optimum time to use it is within 30-35 days. Grind finer as coffee gets old.
I'm signed up with Atlas Coffee Club, but a small sack doesn't last long and it is indeed expensive. Currently on deck are beans from Burundi, which will be a first try from there for me

Do you find the Chemex produces better tasting coffee? I don't mind taking the time. It is nice to slow down and enjoy the process sometimes.

Yes, I buy Stumptown all the time! Great coffee.

Chemex is a good way to go, make sure you wet the insert filter and dump to get rid of bad taste. Just have to do the measurements and timing right or else you get a bland coffee.

I'm signed up with Atlas Coffee Club, but a small sack doesn't last long and it is indeed expensive. Currently on deck are beans from Burundi, which will be a first try from there for me
All depends on the grower/coop from whom they buy - and the roaster. I've had coffee from Burundi and it was tasty.

What I avoid is a full blooded Sumatra - heavy

Last edited:
If anyone is interested, I’ve heard that black rifle coffee is really good.

I recently ordered from Creation coffee in Michigan. I’ve been pleased with their beans and flavor profile is different from most of the coffees i’ve tried lately.

cffabf138d0108b57c8bead694c7cb4b.jpg

I switched over to cold brew with spring in Ohio... Oxo cold brew maker is 1,000x better than Bialettta... I still use bialettta as my pitcher in the fridge though.

Screenshot_20200507-221736__01.jpg

If anyone is interested, I’ve heard that black rifle coffee is really good.
I've been meaning to try them. Have heard a lot of good things about their coffee, and like what they stand for. (y)

There’s no option for an Aeropress (French press?) but I am a coffee drinker! Hot brew, cold brew, black or girly lattes. I love it all!

I voted Cold Brew in the poll but my favorite cup of coffee in the world is camp coffee (even better if it's hunting camp). It's the only coffee I drink black. Blend doesn't matter to me at all. We've got an old tin percolator pot that we throw right on the camp fire. I feel like I failed if there isn't just a few grounds at the bottom of the cup.

Use K-cups but not a Keurig machine, we have three Cuisinart coffee makers, one at our Fl place and two in NC, one at our main place and one at the lake. They have five brew sizes and have been very dependable. Some others have not.

Quick cup in the morning Keurig but time in the evening or on the weekend French Press for me.

I was having too much GI upset with drip coffee so I switched to cold brew 2-years ago and have been hooked ever since. It has much less acid than hot brewed coffee so it it less bitter. I used to add sugar or some sweetener to my coffee and now I can drink the cold brew straight or with a dash of milk/cream.

There’s no option for an Aeropress (French press?) but I am a coffee drinker! Hot brew, cold brew, black or girly lattes. I love it all!

Love it!

I voted Cold Brew in the poll but my favorite cup of coffee in the world is camp coffee (even better if it's hunting camp). It's the only coffee I drink black. Blend doesn't matter to me at all. We've got an old tin percolator pot that we throw right on the camp fire. I feel like I failed if there isn't just a few grounds at the bottom of the cup.

My dad always made this and always thought it smelled good, i was super young so never tried it this way.

I'm going to brew New Orleans style iced coffee from Blue Bottle. They send the beans, a packet of chicory and the recipe.

It's a new way to enjoy.

K cups for me (at home), and only HOT coffee year round.

Cream, no sugar in the morning and afternoon.
Black with Sambuca after dinner.

As for shop coffee, Dunkin Donuts, not Starbucks.
No DD on west coast which I don't understand. (At least I never found one.)
There's a DD right outside of Windsor Castle in the UK.

I've been meaning to try them. Have heard a lot of good things about their coffee, and like what they stand for. (y)
If you havent seen them check out their youtube video commercials . They are the best. Black Rifle Coffee.

I'd get gas station coffee for a while several year ago... I'd fill the 20oz cup with ice first, some of the frou-frou creamer about 1/4-1/3 of the way up, then add coffee... medium roast or light roast... not that dark roast stuff. Yuck. It wasn't bad, but I stopped for some reason.

I kind of combine two. I grind my own beans and put them into a reusable K-cup with a small filter (to make cleaning easier) and brew in my K-cup machine. Works great.

Back