Coffee Drinkers Unite

I get my coffee from a very close friend that owns his own coffee company. He only does Online Sales(website is being rebooted). The name is Killer Beans Coffee, and he has a variety of Beans including Brazilian, Columbian, Nicaraguan, Guatemalan, Tanzanian, Kohlassi(sp), Ethiopian, and a Mixed Bean Blend Espresso( Electric Chair) that are all great. Sells in 1/2#, 1# and 5# bags. I'd be happy to give you his info or if you are also on facebook I can get you hooked up.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1473989498216.jpg
    FB_IMG_1473989498216.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 3
Our Keurig brews iced coffee also. It's a nice change sometimes during the summer.

Danger of working from home.......

I just made myself an Affogato.

Fresh Grind beans every morning through a decent Burr grinder, is CLUTCH. Changes the coffee world. I've heard good things about cold brew coffee, but never tried it. Part of the ritual for me is the heat and steam off the cup.

Never have liked coffee. Guess it has saved me a lot of money over the years not needing/wanting a cup of coffee in the morning.

Tea for me, please!

Currently use K-Cups as I had quite a few of those. Switching next week to brewing pot of coffee in the morning. I always have an iced coffee in the afternoon, so will have enough from the pot for my morning cups and also some left over for the afternoon as well.

Ordered in some big bag filters to make cold brew for the first time! Gonna be a great summer.

Anyone dabble in making some cold brew?

Fresh Grind beans every morning through a decent Burr grinder, is CLUTCH. Changes the coffee world. I've heard good things about cold brew coffee, but never tried it. Part of the ritual for me is the heat and steam off the cup.

It is all about the freshly ground whole beans! Makes all the difference. Will never go back to K cups.

Ordered in some big bag filters to make cold brew for the first time! Gonna be a great summer.

Anyone dabble in making some cold brew?

I make it two ways..

oxo and in the fridge with a bialetta filter in a jar...

I make it two ways..

oxo and in the fridge with a bialetta filter in a jar...

My plan is to use the filter and jar in the fridge. You let it brew for 14-16 hours typically? That’s what I have read.

My plan is to use the filter and jar in the fridge. You let it brew for 14-16 hours typically? That’s what I have read.
24 hours... make sure you use a 10/40 oz ratio coffee to water with fresh coarse grind...

Yeah, should be good at 14-16 hours steep in fridge.

I hadn't made any in awhile, need to get some made this week with temps continuing to increase here. I was amazed the first time I made it the difference in taste compared to a normal brew coffee. So good.

24 hours... make sure you use a 10/40 oz ratio coffee to water with fresh coarse grind...

Copy that! Heard the coarse grind is the way to go.

Yeah, should be good at 14-16 hours steep in fridge.

I hadn't made any in awhile, need to get some made this week with temps continuing to increase here. I was amazed the first time I made it the difference in taste compared to a normal brew coffee. So good.

🙏

I am really looking forward to it. What I really like, is the fact that I can mass make it and have enough for a couple weeks. It is going to make for great summer mornings!

Copy that! Heard the coarse grind is the way to go.
Otherwise the coffee would be gritty. Also might be worth putting it through a chemex style filtration to make sure it's not gritty.

Otherwise the coffee would be gritty. Also might be worth putting it through a chemex style filtration to make sure it's not gritty.

What is the Chemex style??

Most days I brew a pot of whatever coffee we have (Wegmans brand or Maxwell House on weekdays; local roaster on weekends). However, afternoon coffee is usually French press with freshly ground beans.
I’ve taken to making my cold brew in the French press and it is fantastic. There is hardly any acidic bitterness but the notes in the beans shine.

Usually get the industrial sized bag of starbucks from costco and then grind as needed for drip coffee maker. Recently got an aeropress for the wife and the taste seems very good.

Anyone have a proper espresso machine at home?

1589891287265.jpeg

Can't do better than a brewed cup of coffee at home. That said, I'm really happy my local Starbucks is open again.

What is the Chemex style??

Any filter will work even if you rig you brewed pot over a carafe. You don't need to do this step but sometimes bags leak grounds and grounds left in water kepp brewing and can upset it

Brew_Guide-Chemex-Step03.jpg

Proper? No haha.
We have a Nespresso machine though and it makes solid espresso.
We have a Nespresso too, and I agree that it is perfectly fine for an espresso at home. Just wondered if anyone had gone the whole 9 yards and got a ‘proper’ machine.

Back