Coffee Drinkers Unite

Googled some info on cold brew last night.... may give that a try soonish.

Googled some info on cold brew last night.... may give that a try soonish.

It is delicious and easy drinking. It is a bummer when you are out because the process takes so long.

Majority of time is a french press each morning which ends up getting me and the wife a large cup each. I will occasionally use a pour over if I want another cup or if I have bought some really good beans for the weekend. We don't own a coffee pot so I never use a regular old fashion pot of coffee unless at a friends house.

It is delicious and easy drinking. It is a bummer when you are out because the process takes so long.
do you drink it at full strength or water/milk it down? FYI i'm always a black coffee drinker and like it strong.

Any filter will work even if you rig you brewed pot over a carafe. You don't need to do this step but sometimes bags leak grounds and grounds left in water kepp brewing and can upset it

View attachment 8944093

Ahh, got it. Thanks for the advice.

do you drink it at full strength or water/milk it down? FYI i'm always a black coffee drinker and like it strong.
I drink my cold brew straight, don't water it down at all as I like my coffee strong too. I usually like my coffee with cream when I make it hot in the mornings, but I like cold brew plain. Depending on the grounds you use, it gets a nice nutty taste to it.

Made a pitcher of it the other day after responding to the thread. Had been awhile but this inspired me to make some. Just found out will be working from home atleast until end of July so need to be sure I always have some ready to go so I don't run out.

I drink my cold brew straight, don't water it down at all as I like my coffee strong too. I usually like my coffee with cream when I make it hot in the mornings, but I like cold brew plain. Depending on the grounds you use, it gets a nice nutty taste to it.

Made a pitcher of it the other day after responding to the thread. Had been awhile but this inspired me to make some. Just found out will be working from home atleast until end of July so need to be sure I always have some ready to go so I don't run out.
Ugh through July? we are getting ready to start re-opening June 1st, but it is phased so I think my team is tentatively scheduled for mid July.

I dilute my cold brew concentrate down to a 1:1 ratio, but there's no need to add any milk or sugar to it.

I brew a pot now, but this Bodum Santos coffee maker was my favorite of all time. No longer made. 1335D8CF-B105-4883-B24E-AD8B76A05CC2.jpegVacuum pots are the bomb.

I got a Keurig a year or so ago for the convenience/ease factor. My daughter does pour over when we visit and I gotta say - it is so much better than anything you get out of a Keurig. I am thinking about going that route as I really love a quality cup of coffee :)

I got a Keurig a year or so ago for the convenience/ease factor. My daughter does pour over when we visit and I gotta say - it is so much better than anything you get out of a Keurig. I am thinking about going that route as I really love a quality cup of coffee :)
Nice easy Chemex. The key here is ratios beans to water.

I dilute my cold brew concentrate down to a 1:1 ratio, but there's no need to add any milk or sugar to it.

I agree cold brew is concentrated coffee...add at least a splash of water but usually 50% water. Otherwise I'd be jumping off the walls.

6AF579A6-0D59-4884-BCF2-07FB340CF485.gif

I started grinding coffee beans at home last year and have had a Moka pot for 3 years. There are some fancy espresso machines out there, but my Moka pot is so simple and takes up no counter space. It is as close to espresso as i can get with out buying an actual machine. I love it.

I have a LaMarzocco G3 that I turned off and accumulated deposits -- but have a Rancilio Sylvia in the kitchen that I've used for almost 24 yrs. Just not as consistent with water temp as the G3.

Last edited:
Simple brewed pot of drip coffee is all I need. No need for any crazy stuff...and I would use waaay too many k cups with my 5 or so cups I drink a day

We went from a Bunn coffee maker to Keurig. The K-cups get quite costly if you drink a lot of coffee so we bought the Keurig coffee maker that allows you to use K-cups
or to brew a carafe of coffee. That's worked out pretty well for us.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
For me it is either cold brew or espresso (not moka pot). I have a new school lever machine.

It is a Delonghi Nespresso. We have had it for years.
Ok. I saw you were considering something new... wasn't sure if you pulled the trigger or not. The nespressos turn out a pretty good product.

Back