Coffee Drinkers Unite

GolfinWithDad

Formerly CenturyHack
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I’ve been drinking coffee for about 5 years now. I used to buy Starbucks or Peet’s regularly, sometimes 3 or 4 a day.
Now I make 99% of my own coffee at home. I use a Nespresso pod machine or grind my own beans to make espresso in a Rancilio machine.
I prefer a dark roast with earthy and leathery taste.
What are the other drinkers doing? What are you drinking, straight black coffee or latte? Are you purchasing your drinks or making them? What type of beans you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I wake up and have four different ways to make my coffee at home...I am alternating each one and was curious what others are doing for the caffeine fix on a daily basis. I know many workplaces provide coffee throughout the day.

Brewed pot in the chilly months, cold brew for the warm. We have a kitchen aid cold brew maker that can make enough to last most of a weeks worth of mornings, so I'll do that and it's fantastic.

the girl at scooters or starbucks does it.

The missus got me into grinding coffee then using a French press. Before that, I was an instant guy. I’m now becoming a bit of a snob. I need a contact near Fresno (@time4tim are you listening) to supply me with some Fresno state bulldog coffee as it’s now become a firm favourite of mine.

Great thread!

I was a K-Cup believer for a long time, and then realized the flavor was lacking. I just made the switch to freshly brewed pots with the combination of freshly ground full beans every morning. GAME CHANGER ALERT. Recently I have been drinking the Starbucks House Blend Medium or 8 AM coffee, both full bean and have been very happy.

Espresso....but never a Moka Pot.

Great thread!

I was a K-Cup believer for a long time, and then realized the flavor was lacking. I just made the switch to freshly brewed pots with the combination of freshly ground full beans every morning. GAME CHANGER ALERT. Recently I have been drinking the Starbucks House Blend Medium or 8 AM coffee, both full bean and have been very happy.

Actually now officially cannot taste the coffee in K-cups over the heated melted plastic contained in the drinks. YUCK!

Actually now officially cannot taste the coffee in K-cups over the heated melted plastic contained in the drinks. YUCK!

Lol, exactly. My concern was the fact that there are barely any coffee grounds in a K-Cup. When I use the appropriate amount of beans it is 4 times the amount of grounds that a K-Cup Yields. The flavor is back, and life is good.

I have a reusable k-cup filled with Dunkin' donuts coffee, but that's my second cup. First cup is a cold Starbuck's Mocha Lite Frappacino. First cup is to wash down vitamins, second/third cup is for sipping on the porch.

Keurig here.

It partially restores my faith in humanity that there are no votes for "Coffee is Gross" yet.

I voted K-Cup because that's the most used, but I'll brew a pot every now and then.

The missus got me into grinding coffee then using a French press. Before that, I was an instant guy. I’m now becoming a bit of a snob. I need a contact near Fresno (@time4tim are you listening) to supply me with some Fresno state bulldog coffee as it’s now become a firm favourite of mine.

I might be able to help you out on this:)

I'm still a drip coffee guy.

However, I do grind whole beans with a burr grinder and I use a quality drip machine. (Technivorm Moccamaster)

Fun tip if you do drip, pour-over, press, or make your own k-cups:
If you dig a cinnamon flavor - buy some whole cinnamon bark, then crush it by hand and place it in with your freshly ground coffee before brewing for some nice fresh cinnamon flavored brew. It has a brighter, fresher flavor than using ground cinnamon.

K Cups for me. Convenience is main factor for me.

brewed with fresh grind beans daily

Right now its Keurig each morning. Wife cant drink caffeine, otherwise I would use our regular coffee pot.

For a quick cup, it’s K-Cups.

Otherwise it’s fresh ground by hand and then percolated on the stove. Nothing better.

For a quick cup, it’s K-Cups.

Otherwise it’s fresh ground by hand and then percolated on the stove. Nothing better.

I really like a stove top percolated pot of coffee.

I grind my own beans, depending on the mood and this maker saved my life!

1585868860726.jpeg

Of the choices, brewed and preferrably Dunkin' although recently I started drinking Nescafe instant and I quite like it. For those who scoff at instant coffee, just know that pretty much the entire rest of the world drink instant, so take that.

So I wake up and have four different ways to make my coffee at home...I am alternating each one and was curious what others are doing for the caffeine fix on a daily basis. I know many workplaces provide coffee throughout the day.

Pourover has never been satisying for me.

I use a USA designed brewer that accounts for altitude and you can set the water temp depending on the beans.

I use a Rancilio Sylvia for espresso and cappuciino

I buy beans from Blue Bottle in Berkeley or Klatch in SoCal.

But the key is the grinder - the better the grinder, the better the coffee.

I am a coffee snob... ocd

Pourover has never been satisying for me.

I use a USA designed brewer that accounts for altitude and you can set the water temp depending on the beans.

I use a Rancilio Sylvia for espresso and cappuciino

I buy beans from Blue Bottle in Berkeley or Klatch in SoCal.

But the key is the grinder - the better the grinder, the better the coffee.

I am a coffee snob... ocd
I feel you I always struggle with size grind for pour over, press moka...

Pour over at home is always meh. Definitely the smallest mess and easiest clean up.

I've really gotten into the STOK cold brews - cheaper than going to a coffee shop - does what I need it to do, easy to make and gets me through the day.

Back