Coffee Drinkers Unite

Recommendations for everyday basic coffee? Running low on my Kirkland Columbia blend, looking for something decent low cost just for the morning jolt
You looking for high octane or a nice blend?

Before we moved to Nespresso I would get a dark roast whole bean from Costco and do a 50/50 mix with the New Mexico Pinon bean you get from there (Colorado so maybe not carried in other stores)

my inlaws sent me some coffee from Honest Coffee in Franklin, TN - the Dual Axes blend. I might have a new favorite. Very tasty

my inlaws sent me some coffee from Honest Coffee in Franklin, TN - the Dual Axes blend. I might have a new favorite. Very tasty
A number of local restaurants serve that here. Its good stuff.

Recommendations for everyday basic coffee? Running low on my Kirkland Columbia blend, looking for something decent low cost just for the morning jolt
Dunkin Donuts and McDonalds are both actually decent everyday basic coffees (IMO). Although Dunkin does seem to have gotten a little more "proud" of their coffee over the years.

New beans from a local roaster. Cafe Au Lait this morning.

9573CA82-E58D-4AC9-8106-7187BF7A365C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
03BCCF44-38DE-4F03-8DD3-6C0F5617EDF6.jpeg

Its official, we need an "mmmm" emoji for likes.
Hahah.

Made @GolferGal a Latte Machiato with a double shot.
And by made, I mean pushed a button and it did the work, but like most men, I will take the credit.

I've been cutting out half and half and trying the bulletproof/keto coffee. I am in total agreement with the benefits I have seen so far. My energy is so good. I have been going with a 1/2 a TBSP of MTC and a tiny bit of unsalted butter and a bit of Stevia. Throw it in the blender. Amazing.

Oh my!
@PKorf Cafe Au Lait with a double shot. Came out 5 layers of awesome.

IMG_6551.jpeg

So after being away from home for the past week, I couldn't wait to get home and drink a real cup of coffee. I didn't realize just how good the coffee from the Xelsis was until I drank "coffee" (and yes it needs to be in quotes because whatever it was I was drinking, was not coffee compared to what I get at home now) elsewhere, especially Keurig, also known as burnt plastic. I am so spoiled now.

So after being away from home for the past week, I couldn't wait to get home and drink a real cup of coffee. I didn't realize just how good the coffee from the Xelsis was until I drank "coffee" (and yes it needs to be in quotes because whatever it was I was drinking, was not coffee compared to what I get at home now) elsewhere, especially Keurig, also known as burnt plastic. I am so spoiled now.

Did you enjoy it in front of the fire too? I can't believe I wasted all of my money at Dunkin/Starbucks over the years, the past 10 months has been quite a revelation.

Did you enjoy it in front of the fire too? I can't believe I wasted all of my money at Dunkin/Starbucks over the years, the past 10 months has been quite a revelation.

Haha, no, coffee was had at my desk, but I did put the fireplace on not long after getting home yesterday. Arrow approved too, he was cold. He enjoyed the warmth of Florida the past week.

When I want coffee at home, Nespresso rocks.

This one is a masterpiece haha

049C3025-2408-46B4-900E-8FC5FE2B6FC9.jpeg

Funny story, our contractor doesn't drink coffee, but he really wanted to try a drink from our "fancy machine". So I made him a latte. The next day he comes over and asked me if I could make him another cup of coffee haha. We converted him with 1 drink from the Xelsis.

My wife was just in Franklin, TN and brought me home the Railsplitter from Honest Coffee. It's not bad but I prefer the dual axes.
I'm also telling her we need to upgrade the nespresso to a xelsis, she said either new irons next year or that! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Back