Coffee for Wellness

ttucliffhanger

2024 Bag Boy Championship - Aqua Men
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Ordered some of Phil Mickelson’s “The Good Stuff” from his Coffee for Wellness brand. I got the tub of 30 servings of it for $24.99. Came in today via FedEx and initial impression is it smells sooooo good. Hoping it tastes as good as it smells with coffee. Elected to just use my own coffee as I’m not a huge coffee connoisseur, but it has a lot of health benefits. Plan is for this to become my breakfast in the mornings on my way to work. Will post more once I get to taste it tomorrow. Anyone else tried this?

I’m not a coffee drinker, but my wife is. She’s done a few different variations of keto coffees, bulletproof coffees, etc...
Ordered a Keurig for prime day and set her up for the subscription to Coffee for Wellness.

So far she is a fan. Has a cup every morning.
Much preferred over going to Starbucks or other local coffee shop every day!

I've been waiting for them to have the tub available rather than the k-cups with packets since I don't use a Keurig anymore. I had tried a cup previously and it tastes pretty good, not sure about health benefits but I ordered a tub for giggles to try out.

Interesting to follow this as I’ve gotten more into coffee this year

That’s only because you figured out it tastes a lot like a Stout.....

So after 2 days of using “The Good Stuff” I’m really liking it. Here are my impressions so far:

Taste: doesn’t have much of a taste, although I can taste the cinnamon. It takes the bitter edge off the coffee, which I can’t handle, hence why I don’t drink black coffee. I did add a splash of skim milk but doesn’t really do anything.

Energy: I have had more energy the last 2 days. That being said I normally only get around 6 hours of sleep a night and get up at 4:20am for work, have a 45 min commute, work 10 hours, commute 45 mins home and work out at the gym. I am normally struggling by 9 am until I get some food in me. This hasn’t happened the last 2 days. Then I usually get tired again around 2 pm and this also hasn’t happened the last 2 days and I’ve had lots of energy throughout the day. I’ve also added a core workout the last 2 days to do between working.

Appetite: The last 2 days I haven’t ate as much nor have I wanted to. Normally around 9 I’m hungry and tired but last couple of days I haven’t been that way. Not sure if it’s just me or if it’s this concoction, lol.

Overall: Really like it so far and look forward to continuing this during work days to see if it promotes weight loss and everything it says it does. So far, so good but I am interested in long term once my body gets used to it

I've been waiting for them to have the tub available rather than the k-cups with packets since I don't use a Keurig anymore. I had tried a cup previously and it tastes pretty good, not sure about health benefits but I ordered a tub for giggles to try out.
I might get the coffee next time to see how I like it. I’m just using Folgers K-cups now.

I tried this for awhile, but felt the cinnamon taste was way too strong for my liking. The coffee is quite good - even on its own, straight black. So that's a positive! Otherwise, I really like the components of "The Good Stuff", and the single pouches make preparing a cup incredibly simple.

I paused my subscription in hopes that they'd release a version with about half the cinnamon.

Side note - they shipped using FedEx, so arrival was fast!

There will be no course correction, or additives added.
Coffee is a art form here , you don’t make good coffee you don’t flourish
😊

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 5
It takes the bitter edge off the coffee, which I can’t handle, hence why I don’t drink black coffee.
Coffee geek/snob here :ROFLMAO:

Just for the record: Good coffee, properly brewed, is never bitter, almost no matter how strongly it's brewed. E.g.: It hardly gets stronger than straight shots of espresso. An espresso shot will typically produce ±twice the amount of weight in liquid as the weight of the ground coffee used to brew it. (E.g.: 18g of coffee producing 36g of espresso.) Yet, done properly, espresso will never be bitter. When I brew "Americano" style coffee in our Aeropress (similar to a French press, but better, IMO), I'll use about 18g to produce less than 8 oz. of coffee. It, likewise, is never bitter. Just very, very strong :)

initial thoughts: man that's a lot of cinnamon. Completely drowns out coffee flavors which I enjoy. might let me buy some cheaper coffee if it seems to work 🤷‍♂️

I have explored Phil's coffee alchemy. I now add honey, a pinch of salt, and cinnamon to most cups I drink. In my healthy living quest I also fast 1 day per week. On those days I add in the l-theanine, mct oil, and protein powder. I like it. (y)

But I have never tried his specific coffee brand products.

I bought a month's worth of the coffee pods and a tub of the 'good stuff'. Coffee is pretty tasty. Coffee addition adds an interesting layer of flavor. Not sure I believe for one second it will do a thing for me, but was interested in trying it. Because I'm old, and this passes for excitement :)

15% off code for CfW orders today before the match.

code: MATCH4WIN

initial thoughts: man that's a lot of cinnamon. Completely drowns out coffee flavors which I enjoy. might let me buy some cheaper coffee if it seems to work 🤷‍♂️
Thank you! That's exactly what I felt about the cinnamon!

15% off code for CfW orders today before the match.

code: MATCH4WIN
Where was this 2 days ago? I just ordered some to try the other day

Where was this 2 days ago? I just ordered some to try the other day

sorry, was limited to my dream foursome team until today. :cool:

but seriously, I hate it when that happens. 😕

I tried this, it was ok. For the price I don't think it was really worth it. Probably wouldn't order again.

Back