baylrballa

Hackers Love Puppies
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So I came to the golf forum today. Went to listen to a golf podcast. Now I'm going to buy a bread maker. 🤷‍♂️
I'm kinda leaning towards the Breville BBM800XL after quick search. might be a bit aggressive for a first run at this. 🤷‍♂️

RealPretendPsychic

Trust The Process
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My late grandfather is the reason I play golf. I’m glad it’s an experience I was able to share with him. I do think The Match(es) are good opportunities to showcase the fun side of golf and grow the game, but what if people get a positive/fun impression of golf from the mashed potatoes shouters?! I tried to go one golf ball for most of this year yet somehow accumulated golf balls over the season. I intend to do some testing on SkyTrak over the winter and stick with one for all of next year.

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
My late grandfather is the reason I play golf. I’m glad it’s an experience I was able to share with him. I do think The Match(es) are good opportunities to showcase the fun side of golf and grow the game, but what if people get a positive/fun impression of golf from the mashed potatoes shouters?! I tried to go one golf ball for most of this year yet somehow accumulated golf balls over the season. I intend to do some testing on SkyTrak over the winter and stick with one for all of next year.
haha, anyone falling in love with golf because of "mashed potatoes" --- well... not my golfer. :LOL:

DataDude

Extremely Fortunate
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I love golf in cold weather. Just need the gloves and everything else is fine. I also walk so it keeps everything loose and keeps me warm inside my layers.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Im not sure what my threshold is for cold weather, because its different by region. More humid areas, it feels way colder at higher temps. Then add the wind. Below 50 at Hammock Beach and its freezing because of the wind off the ocean. 50 here where I am now and its not so bad.

Tevenor

2021 Grandaddy Pushcart Champion
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
4ish
Finally getting a chance to listen in. Damn work schedule is interfering with my podcast listening. The nerve.

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Im not sure what my threshold is for cold weather, because its different by region. More humid areas, it feels way colder at higher temps. Then add the wind. Below 50 at Hammock Beach and its freezing because of the wind off the ocean. 50 here where I am now and its not so bad.
wind makes cold weather unbearable.

DataDude

Extremely Fortunate
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I can play at pretty low temps without wind. With wind and I can make it to about 45 or 50.

gkeller813

#UsDidIt
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
wind makes cold weather unbearable.
I was walking in my backyard during lunch. Walking with the wind, in the sun, and it felt like a nice spring day. Walking back into the wind, like the tundra.

Desmond

Play Golf, Laugh, Smile, Enjoy
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Check out the LPGA yesterday playing just north of Dallas at Old American in Frisco.

Windy and 34-48F and cloudy. I went into my backyard and hit almost golf balls with a wedge. Just to anti-Covid.

This morning it was 30F. I assume they are waiting to play until noon today.

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I was walking in my backyard during lunch. Walking with the wind, in the sun, and it felt like a nice spring day. Walking back into the wind, like the tundra.
it's horrible... but here's the real truth;

wind is horrible.

gkeller813

#UsDidIt
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

captaincaution

@alekbabel - #teamRhi
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So did he have to get a mortgage for his parking spot?? That seems pure insanity to me!!

Imagine, a 30 year fixed just to park a car...o_Oo_O:eek::eek:
It all gets rolled into the same load when you buy the condo, but yes, pure insanity. When I lived in downtown Chicago, I didn't have a car; we would do zipcar (hourly rentals) to get out to golf. When I lived a bit further outside of downtown, but still in the city, we had a parking spot out back of our condo, but I would take my bike to go to the driving range. Packed a few clubs into my messenger bag and off I went.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
If you haven't listened to the Golf Origins podcast that @KrisMcEwen does, definitely give it a shot.

Two episodes to dive into. Obviously the @Canadan episode (I havent been invited yet)
And if you like cult movie favorites he has Matthew Laurance who is Sal from Eddie and the Cruisers on that is great too.

charley48

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm not sure if my area even qualifies for cold weather golf. It never snows. Mornings get some frost so we have to wait till the temp hits 38 to 40. But if we wait till later in the day the afternoon temps rarely dip below 50 during the coldest month. Rain is the only thing that prevents golf all day. And it has to be the down pour type rain. I've had my share of wet golfing if it isn't too bad.

KrisMcEwen

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
It all gets rolled into the same load when you buy the condo, but yes, pure insanity. When I lived in downtown Chicago, I didn't have a car; we would do zipcar (hourly rentals) to get out to golf. When I lived a bit further outside of downtown, but still in the city, we had a parking spot out back of our condo, but I would take my bike to go to the driving range. Packed a few clubs into my messenger bag and off I went.
I was a GetAround guy, myself! And I always enjoyed the looks when I got on the bus to head over to Diversey with four to six golf clubs in hand. Haha

KrisMcEwen

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
If you haven't listened to the Golf Origins podcast that @KrisMcEwen does, definitely give it a shot.

Two episodes to dive into. Obviously the @Canadan episode (I havent been invited yet)
And if you like cult movie favorites he has Matthew Laurance who is Sal from Eddie and the Cruisers on that is great too.
@JB doesn't know it yet, but he's already been penciled in for "Season Two".

• Haha
Reactions: JB

templeton80

Artist formerly known as nvgolfer80
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I would love to see someone riding a bike down the street with golf clubs.. When I lived in Taiwan I would see all kinds of crazy things on the back of bikes and scooters.. It was a riot.

captaincaution

@alekbabel - #teamRhi
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I was a GetAround guy, myself! And I always enjoyed the looks when I got on the bus to head over to Diversey with four to six golf clubs in hand. Haha
I've taken my whole bag with me on a two bus route - California in Logan Square to the 152 on Addison - to get in a summer evening 9 at Marovitz. I got some looks then for sure! Do what you've got to do!

captaincaution

@alekbabel - #teamRhi
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I would love to see someone riding a bike down the street with golf clubs.. When I lived in Taiwan I would see all kinds of crazy things on the back of bikes and scooters.. It was a riot.
I was always thinking of a way to make it easier to take my whole bag on the bike, but it was just easier to take a few clubs in an easier to transport bag!

Bernoulli

"Mr. Fairway"
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I love golf in cold weather. Just need the gloves and everything else is fine. I also walk so it keeps everything loose and keeps me warm inside my layers.
Yes. I don't mind the cold. As others have said the wind is a different story. Just have to keep your hands, ears and head warm. And walking definitely helps.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in