topic 1 - bulldoze every turtleback green in the world. Prove me wrong

well then the USGA has to find 30 new venues for USGA events in the next 20 years since they sold out to Pinehurst

( i adore Pinehurst, hate the usga committing so many events there)

wind makes cold weather unbearable.

It was 38 when I went to the range today but... no wind. Not a problem. If the wind was up, no chance I would’ve hit balls.

I played last Sunday and it was about 1 degree when we started, and that dropped to just about freezing by the time we finished, about 30 degrees or something in Fahrenheit?

Base layer, polo, quarter zip, jacket and a beanie hat. No bother, no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothes :LOL:

Couple of things I effing hate about winter golf though;

Winter greens, completely pointless and I loathe them with all the fury of hell.
Tees that are basically frozen solid, you can't get a tee in, and they can actually be dangerous, have half a mind on staying upright when you swing.
The ground is solid so a bounce can go 30 yards in any random direction, means if you're playing a blind shot then it is sheer luck if you find your ball.

So I came to the golf forum today. Went to listen to a golf podcast. Now I'm going to buy a bread maker. 🤷‍♂️

Ya never know where THP will take you.

You might get talked into a 3H, a pizza oven, a bread machine, etc etc.

Send me a chunk of that bacon bread though, lol.

Hey @Canadan just thinking about OffCourse, and wondering how you could bring a little sense of competition to all the great guests you have on. I always enjoyed Top Gear celebrity guests, because they would put them behind the wheel of an average car and have them race around their track for one lap. Then, while the guests was on the show, they'd show the lap, and reveal the time it took for that lap. I thought it would be fun to have your guests do that. Whether it is have them record themselves hitting one drive, or something else, I don't know. But then, we keep track of who hit what, and it's a running leaderboard with each guest you have on posting a distance, or whatever other measure you have. Don't know, thought it might be fun :unsure:

Not sure we get really cold weather. If it’s in the 30’s here the wind is not blowing and we have frost delays. It may be freezing at the start but last week when we finished our round it was up to 71. Wear layers and shed as needed.

new bread knife on order. :love:

Not quite cold weather because it was mid 50s, but I played a greenside shot yesterday off of a little bit of snow and got up and down for the par. The ball was sitting up so taking relief would have probably yielded a worse lie. Played it like a bunker shot, hitting more snow than ball. Pretty satisfying if I may say so.

We had a decent breeze on Thursday and a high of 44. High cloulds rolled in on the back nine so it was a bit chilly but I didn't care as it was my first ever round in MN in December. It was funny to see all the balls sitting on top of the iced over water hazards. The carry to the fairway behind us in the pic was 195 yards. My 6' 185 pound frame looks tiny compared to my buddies, most of whom in MN are 3-5" taller than me and in this case, weigh over 250 pounds. I was taller than most of my buddies in CA and now am shorter than some of my buddies wives in MN. :)

6WSbek%TQjmHXm7WbMWCkA.jpg

Last edited:
Last time out it was about 48 when we started and dropped to 39 by the time we finished. I’ve determined that’s too cold for me. I still had fun but it took a while to warm up so unless I wear the proper gear I’ll stick to the 50’s.

Great episode. Good guest and flow to the whole thing. Loved it.

Was also imaginary fist bumping @Canadan repeatedly towards the end. True value of the FW, 58 as highest loft, stick with the ball... good stuff. (y)

Great episode. Good guest and flow to the whole thing. Loved it.

Was also imaginary fist bumping @Canadan repeatedly towards the end. True value of the FW, 58 as highest loft, stick with the ball... good stuff. (y)
haha, a golf bag worth celebrating for sure! 👊

Going to be cold in the morning. 33 at tee of and will make it to low 40s. Debating sleeping in.

I play as low as 30 or so but not if it's really windy. With wind even the 40s can be brutal. When it's cold out I prefer to walk to stay warm and use gloves with hand warmers. Some of my most enjoyable rounds have come in cooler weather

I play as low as 30 or so but not if it's really windy. With wind even the 40s can be brutal. When it's cold out I prefer to walk to stay warm and use gloves with hand warmers. Some of my most enjoyable rounds have come in cooler weather
that's damn cold.....

Going to be cold in the morning. 33 at tee of and will make it to low 40s. Debating sleeping in.
Do it!!! It’s chilly out there.

So what is the coldest you will play in?
If it’s below freezing I’m out!!!

Back