So what is the coldest you will play in?
If it’s below freezing I’m out!!!
I played a par 3 course when it was in the upper teens. I will not do it again. The greens were like concrete. The ball would hit the green and rocket over it with a huge bounce. It was not pleasant

42 degrees this morning when we teed off, but it was sunny and calm so it actually wasn't that bad.

I played a par 3 course when it was in the upper teens. I will not do it again. The greens were like concrete. The ball would hit the green and rocket over it with a huge bounce. It was not pleasant

Most courses won't let us play when there is ice on the greens. But one course did a few years back. It was a rare mid 20's morning. The overnight low hit the upper teens which is extremely rare for this area. I hit a green with a real good 8 iron and it sounded like it hit the parking lot pavement. It bounced straight up, came down and kept bouncing till it rolled off the green. That course had to shut down a couple weeks later to repair the greens. They didn't let anyone play on frosty mornings again.

Most courses won't let us play when there is ice on the greens. But one course did a few years back. It was a rare mid 20's morning. The overnight low hit the upper teens which is extremely rare for this area. I hit a green with a real good 8 iron and it sounded like it hit the parking lot pavement. It bounced straight up, came down and kept bouncing till it rolled off the green. That course had to shut down a couple weeks later to repair the greens. They didn't let anyone play on frosty mornings again.
We had the same experience. A punch and run was the only chance to get on the green. This was from that day a couple years ago:

We had the same experience. A punch and run was the only chance to get on the green. This was from that day a couple years ago:

Put the cold weather aside and I wouldn't mind the water hazards being like that! :ROFLMAO:

So what is the coldest you will play in?
If it’s below freezing I’m out!!!
Below freezing is a no go. Don't mind a frost delay and cold weather as long as not windy.

We had a 730 tee time, frost delay we got out around 915. Turned out to be a beautiful day.
That’s a long frost delay. We need to get out soon...but not when it is cold.

@Canadan I am going back through older podcasts and really enjoyed this episode. Please keep up the great work.

@Canadan I am going back through older podcasts and really enjoyed this episode. Please keep up the great work.
Wow thanks for taking the time, buddy! This was a fun one.

Back