Collectors might want to see this

Hotled

Reaction score
Handicap
old age
Just got this from a customer of mine, he just wanted to get rid of an old set of clubs he had that were Voit Blades and I found this in there.
He said he bought them in 1962. Not sure if it's worth anything to anyone lol

hogan4.jpg

hogan3.jpg

hogan2.jpg

hogan5.jpg

I will give you $10 for it. That thing is sweet and I'd definitely roll it.

That is an odd-looking putter for sure!

Is it brass? Pretty cool. It would be worth tracking down a local club historian to see what can be known of it's origins. Nice find!

wow. Talk about simple. Bend what looks like a copper pipe and attach it to a shaft and head. Looks awesome.

pretty cool looking for sure

I''ll up the offer to $0.16. oh, it was dollars, not cents? my bad.

Thanks for sharing. That's a really unique putter.

20 just cause I never seen one lol

You have to play this putter during your next round and do a full review!

Interesting that it has Hogan's name on it. I wonder what the connection is.

That's quite the odd putter there. But it looks like its worth about $20 to someone!

Seriously. Tappin'.

Odd looking, but cool. Wouldn't play it, but would be fun to have something that weird looking in the closet :D

Interesting that it has Hogan's name on it. I wonder what the connection is.

It was a model sold by Ben Hogan's company. It is extremely rare and worth some dough. You found yourself a nice little collectible there.

It was a model sold by Ben Hogan's company. It is extremely rare and worth some dough. You found yourself a nice little collectible there.

Just snooped around the net a bit and it's a cool one for sure. Hogan commissioned Macdougall to make some putters for him in 79 for the Hogan companies 25th anniversary. Yours was nicknamed The tuning fork and is the most collectible out of the set. The only one I saw sold on the bay for $79 bucks but can fetch as much as $125 to 150 to a collector. It's funky looking but cool, it might be a good chutter..

Just snooped around the net a bit and it's a cool one for sure. Hogan commissioned Macdougall to make some putters for him in 79 for the Hogan companies 25th anniversary. Yours was nicknamed The tuning fork and is the most collectible out of the set. The only one I saw sold on the bay for $79 bucks but can fetch as much as $125 to 150 to a collector. It's funky looking but cool, it might be a good chutter..

I found the same info, but they were asking $199 for the only one I saw for sale. As I understood it the 25th anniv ones were actually a rerelease of an old design, although I can find no info on the older ones so that may not be true.

I have been looking for this type of info, could you please provide me with a link or two?
If it's actually worth something maybe I can sell it on ebay or something and get a Mashie+m3 I need or a cheap izzo gps !

It's a Ben Hogan P-101....as stated on the putter itself. Google that name and you can get alot of info from there..

man guess he wont be taking my 20$ offer then lol.

The funny part to me is that if "Ben Hogan" wasn't stamped on the side of it, it would have been put in a dumpster shortly after someone looked at it. :act-up:

Back