College Football Championship

Who do you got?

• Alabama

• Ohio State

Results are only viewable after voting.
Good night...

Honestly forget this game was on today... didn’t watch a play, but saw Bama routed OSU.... Bama doesn’t even recruit 4star players.... so having the best player at every position makes it a bit one sided IMO

I've watched Juilo, Megatron, Moss, etc., take over with physical dominance, but what Devonta Smith did tonight was unbelievable. He's a special player.

Went to bed at the half as I have to get up at 5:30 am. Looking at the score I don’t think I missed much seeing that Bama won by 28?!?!? :oops:

Went to bed at the half as I have to get up at 5:30 am. Looking at the score I don’t think I missed much seeing that Bama won by 28?!?!? :oops:

And it really wasn't even that close. ohio was just outmatched from the beginning and had no answer for Smith before he went out with the injury./

The only thing keeping me interested is to see if Herby starts crying.
I may have missed it but did he really say at one point that OSU let Bama score? Surely not

Honestly forget this game was on today... didn’t watch a play, but saw Bama routed OSU.... Bama doesn’t even recruit 4star players.... so having the best player at every position makes it a bit one sided IMO

I don't watch Alabama play much other then when they walk over top of my SEC university every other year but watching them last night several things really popped out for me

1- they indeed have 5 star everywhere. I am pretty certain second string at Alabama could beat most good college football teams
2- its a system- a system of bringing in top talent and letting watch the starters for 1 to 3 years. when they get the chance to start they are ready
3- incredible offensive play calling and very well coached
4- the quarterback they have is very impressive. I would not want to be drafting other quarterbacks over him because a chance exists you may find you picked the wrong guy

I don't watch Alabama play much other then when they walk over top of my SEC university every other year but watching them last night several things really popped out for me

1- they indeed have 5 star everywhere. I am pretty certain second string at Alabama could beat most good college football teams
2- its a system- a system of bringing in top talent and letting watch the starters for 1 to 3 years. when they get the chance to start they are ready
3- incredible offensive play calling and very well coached
4- the quarterback they have is very impressive. I would not want to be drafting other quarterbacks over him because a chance exists you may find you picked the wrong guy
Your point #3 - well coached, why couldn’t Saban win in Miami (NFL)? Or did he bail prematurely?

Your point #3 - well coached, why couldn’t Saban win in Miami (NFL)? Or did he bail prematurely?
Maybe because the talent differential between teams isn’t so vast?

When I say well coached I was not saying only Saban. The Offensive coordinator for Bama just moved to Headcoaching role in Texas. As a casual football fan I saw motions last night in the bama offense that I rarely see and apparently Ohio state had no idea what was coming at them. Bama make it look easy like they were Pro's and OSU was college kids.

No Bama fan here but I was so happy to see them win it. After everything the Big Ten did to get Ohio State to that game and practically handing it to them on a silver platter (changing the number of games rules and giving them the easiest schedule in the Big Ten), I was happy to see the Buckeyes fail miserably. :LOL:

I thought Ohio State had a very good team though I did not agree with any 5 or 6 win team getting into the playoff. Ohio scored on bama probably better then any team but Florida. I'd have to do a fact check on that. However, the bama offense was so good it looked like they could have scored 100 if the WR had been able to play. For goodness sake they had a guy limping in the game that was catching passes.

I'm not a bama fan but do route SEC. Bama hands most SEC schools an azz kickin and those outside the SEC just assume the schools loosing 60 to 10 are not good. not true, they are decent but can't compete most years with the Saban machine.

Interesting quote from Harris:

View attachment 8987759
Harris was on point. He was held to 77 yards rushing on 22 carries. What made the difference was their motion game and isolation/mismatch game which they played very well. Hats off to them, they're a very good team and deserved the win.

Back