College World Series

gbigoose1

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok, I live here in Omaha and we go to a lot of CWS games. Last year since it was the last year at Rosenblatt, my family went to 8 and I went to 4 more with friends. But this year, the prices are going up and I just don't think it will be as fun. The stadium is set up like a MLB stadium except smaller, and the bleacher's are a much smaller area, especially in the front rows where it is fun to stand in batting practice and try to catch a ball. So, who normally goes to the CWS and what do you think of the new stadium?

PS- I still can't be angry as this kept the CWS in Omaha, and I hope if I have kids that I can take them to the CWS with out going out of town.

mod can move to sports talk if wanted

I've never been. It's only 3 hours or so away but nope, I don't really watch it on TV either.

That is something I need to do now that I am retired. UGA has been several times so I have friends who have attended and they really enjoyed the experience.

I watch it every year. Almost went 2 years ago, we were going to make a road trip up there but never did. One of these days I will be there though.

Talking for most of Omaha here, it is such a great experience to talk to people from out of town. One of the games last year, I spent an hour waiting just talking to two really nice guys from South Carolina who were complete strangers. We talked about everything from sports to fishing and it's great to hear people's stories.

Back