Colorado Members thread

redneckwop

3G - God - golf - guns
Reaction score
Handicap
CO high
Since we are getting more members from CO, I figured we should have our own thread so we can try to meet up & play sometime.
As for me, I'm on the west slope in the Fruita / Grand Jct. area, how about you?

Awesome idea!! Now we just need the snow to stop and the sun to thaw out the courses!

@SouthernShred is a good friend who recently moved there. Lives on one of the courses there too!

There's a Denver thread here I believe. Calling @J4U @milehighgolfer @kc720 who else have I forgotten? This whole winter off season is a new experience for me. Hopefully I remember how to swing a club when the snow melts.

Awesome idea!! Now we just need the snow to stop and the sun to thaw out the courses!

LOL you're in HR? I live on the 3rd hole of HRGC

Indeed there is:

Odd winter with all the snow staying, haven't even been to the range. Looking forward to coming out if hibernation!

Last edited:
Indeed there is:
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...Looking forward to coming out if hibernation!

I went once a few weeks ago and then it dropped to 3* and dropped 8" of snow the next day. Haven't played a round since first of October.

I went once a few weeks ago and then it dropped to 3* and dropped 8" of snow the next day. Haven't played a round since first of October.
Even the heated outdoor range has been closed for a while. That's never happened.

There's a Denver thread here I believe. Calling @J4U @milehighgolfer @kc720 who else have I forgotten? This whole winter off season is a new experience for me. Hopefully I remember how to swing a club when the snow melts.
This thread is still buried under several inches of snow. Spring is around the corner.

LOL you're in HR? I live on the 3rd hole of HRGC
Yeah... I was following your house-shopping posts but never figured out where you ended up. Didn’t you come from TX? I came from DFW about 1.5 years ago.

I’m basically at Highlands Ranch Parkway and University.

I played 3 times in January...couldn’t even get to a range in Feb... luckily my neighbor has a sim set up in his garage ??

Reactions: J4U
This thread is still buried under several inches of snow. Spring is around the corner.
Well that explains why I couldn't find it.? At least now there is a THP'er on the other side of the mountain. :rockon:

Yeah... I was following your house-shopping posts but never figured out where you ended up. Didn’t you come from TX? I came from DFW about 1.5 years ago.

I’m basically at Highlands Ranch Parkway and University.

I played 3 times in January...couldn’t even get to a range in Feb... luckily my neighbor has a sim set up in his garage ??

Came from Atlanta.
My next door neighbor has a sim too, but he won’t give me a key to his house...hehe.

Have you ever used the sim at the Northridge rec center?

Came from Atlanta.
My next door neighbor has a sim too, but he won’t give me a key to his house...hehe.

Have you ever used the sim at the Northridge rec center?
Once... it’s pretty good... they were going to have a league but didn’t get enough interest

Is the metro Denver thread dead?
Na...just a lot of life going on over the last year or so. VERY dormant, but not dead yet.

I'm up in Estes Park if anyone ever gets a hankering to play up here. Looks like the season is far away with the cold snowy winter we've had so far. Anyone ever play in the Broadmoor Invitational? Sounds like a great event.

I'm up in Estes Park if anyone ever gets a hankering to play up here. Looks like the season is far away with the cold snowy winter we've had so far. Anyone ever play in the Broadmoor Invitational? Sounds like a great event.
Tera and I actually did a weekend getaway a few years ago up there at a B&B. Was a great time and enjoy visiting there. Played golf on the full course and got to play free on the 9 hole in town as they were working on several holes we couldn't play. Elk were all around us. Will have to try and find that picture.

We were just talking about doing it again this year. Will do the Broadmore one if these years or just a staycation to olay it. A bit expensive.

Attachments

• 20140418_134903.jpg
    20140418_134903.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20140418_134903.jpg
    20140418_134903.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Tera and I actually did a weekend getaway a few years ago up there at a B&B. Was a great time and enjoy visiting there. Played golf on the full course and got to play free on the 9 hole in town as they were working on several holes we couldn't play. Elk were all around us. Will have to try and find that picture.

We were just talking about doing it again this year. Will do the Broadmore one if these years or just a staycation to olay it. A bit expensive.
Let me know when you are coming up and we will schedule a golf date.

Reactions: J4U
My daughter moved to Denver area in June, so I could see myself being available for some Denver area golf in the future.

Shred, dude, didn't know you moved. As for golf there, I'll be there from 1-6 April. Hoping the weather will be good by then. Was told by a bud that went to the Academy to just play there (I'll be in Manitou Springs). I only get one day of golf though, but would love to mix it up with some THPrs.

The way things have been going, planning to play in the Springs will be a lot more reliable. The snow gets off the courses a lot faster. A few of my rounds this year have been down there.

miss Colorado...played a few courses while we lived there. can't remember which ones...played the sanctuary twice (only course I can remember)

If the weather keeps melting the snow off the course, you guys are welcome to meet up here and play soon. I haven’t played in months, but I’d be glad to get out and shank some balls

Back