Review Coloradomrg's Club Champion $100 fitting

Coloradomrg

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
This started out as a $100 full bag fitting offer. I had scheduled the fitting to land in the middle of the summer, fully expecting it to be a check for lie and length on irons/wedges and a putter fitting. My bag consists of pretty new stuff, and honestly I can't afford to put much more new stuff in there right now.

I watched as a few of the reviews started to trickle in, and after a few not too glowing reviews I decided to keep my $100 and use it for a lesson instead. I didn't need to be pressured, nor did I want to feel bad about taking someone's time. Cancelled the lesson, and didn't think much else about it. Fast forward a month or so, and I get an email from a "master fitter" at the location I had scheduled with. He offered to reschedule the full bag fitting at no cost. We bounced a few emails back and forth, setting expectations for me mostly. I let him know I really didn't plan to purchase any clubs except maybe a putter. I also laid it out there that I really didn't want to deal with any pressure. Mostly just wanted to get some data, confirm any changes that needed made and go through the full putter fitting.

I arrived at the wrong time this morning... an hour early. That's all on me. So I went and grabbed something to eat, and cussed at myself for most of that hour :ROFLMAO: I had set the calendar time block-out for an hour earlier to account for drive time, and then forgot about that. I was on my way in when I realized the mistake. Ugh.

OK... so get back to the location and head in about 10 minutes early. They've got a bay ready for me, and Justin (my fitter) was ready to go and stuck with the game plan. Sorted out that I needed my irons bent 3 degrees up, loft and length were good. Reviewed the wedges, and confirmed the same. He takes all of my irons and wedges and gets to work. As he finished a club, he'd bring it over for me to swing with. Almost immediately seeing more consistent results, and my contact with the ball is significantly cleaner. Awesome! He's also given me a couple of swing tweaks to consider, and they are helpful. Now to keep working on those. This portion took about 30 minutes. Never felt rushed, and it was nice to hear "after we bent these clubs, your numbers are exactly what we'd be looking for in a fitting".

For the putter fitting he utilized the SAM equipment. First, he took some measurements with my current putter. Asked me if it had ever been tweaked before. Nope, that's how it came off the shelf. Apparently, it came off the shelf tweaked in a not so great way o_O It had 0 loft, and was set at 70 degrees. Now it has a few degrees of loft (I don't remember that one), and is set at 73 degrees. It feels like a new putter. I went from a sort of erratic dispersion and leaving many short, to a tight dispersion and putting most of them in the cup or just beyond. Recommendation: don't even look at a new putter unless I just want one. The current one will now perform, and a new one will just be new and not necessarily better. Another 30 minutes, ish.

So we get all done, and I ask what I owe him. Assuming that I owe him for the club tweaks, and more than happy to pay for them based on the results. "No cost, like I told you." I was a bit shocked. The hour he spent with me was probably worth it from a marketing standpoint, as I'll send everyone I know to see him - but he didn't know that. He just did what he said he would do.

If you are in the Denver area, go see Justin Galbraith (Master Fitter and Builder) at the Highlands Ranch Club Champion. He was knowledgeable, friendly, and great to work with. I'll be going back to him for anything I need. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Great to hear you had a positive experience without any pressure, and ended up seeing some positive tweaks!

This started out as a $100 full bag fitting offer. I had scheduled the fitting to land in the middle of the summer, fully expecting it to be a check for lie and length on irons/wedges and a putter fitting. My bag consists of pretty new stuff, and honestly I can't afford to put much more new stuff in there right now.

I watched as a few of the reviews started to trickle in, and after a few not too glowing reviews I decided to keep my $100 and use it for a lesson instead. I didn't need to be pressured, nor did I want to feel bad about taking someone's time. Cancelled the lesson, and didn't think much else about it. Fast forward a month or so, and I get an email from a "master fitter" at the location I had scheduled with. He offered to reschedule the full bag fitting at no cost. We bounced a few emails back and forth, setting expectations for me mostly. I let him know I really didn't plan to purchase any clubs except maybe a putter. I also laid it out there that I really didn't want to deal with any pressure. Mostly just wanted to get some data, confirm any changes that needed made and go through the full putter fitting.

I arrived at the wrong time this morning... an hour early. That's all on me. So I went and grabbed something to eat, and cussed at myself for most of that hour :ROFLMAO: I had set the calendar time block-out for an hour earlier to account for drive time, and then forgot about that. I was on my way in when I realized the mistake. Ugh.

OK... so get back to the location and head in about 10 minutes early. They've got a bay ready for me, and Justin (my fitter) was ready to go and stuck with the game plan. Sorted out that I needed my irons bent 3 degrees up, loft and length were good. Reviewed the wedges, and confirmed the same. He takes all of my irons and wedges and gets to work. As he finished a club, he'd bring it over for me to swing with. Almost immediately seeing more consistent results, and my contact with the ball is significantly cleaner. Awesome! He's also given me a couple of swing tweaks to consider, and they are helpful. Now to keep working on those. This portion took about 30 minutes. Never felt rushed, and it was nice to hear "after we bent these clubs, your numbers are exactly what we'd be looking for in a fitting".

For the putter fitting he utilized the SAM equipment. First, he took some measurements with my current putter. Asked me if it had ever been tweaked before. Nope, that's how it came off the shelf. Apparently, it came off the shelf tweaked in a not so great way o_O It had 0 loft, and was set at 70 degrees. Now it has a few degrees of loft (I don't remember that one), and is set at 73 degrees. It feels like a new putter. I went from a sort of erratic dispersion and leaving many short, to a tight dispersion and putting most of them in the cup or just beyond. Recommendation: don't even look at a new putter unless I just want one. The current one will now perform, and a new one will just be new and not necessarily better. Another 30 minutes, ish.

So we get all done, and I ask what I owe him. Assuming that I owe him for the club tweaks, and more than happy to pay for them based on the results. "No cost, like I told you." I was a bit shocked. The hour he spent with me was probably worth it from a marketing standpoint, as I'll send everyone I know to see him - but he didn't know that. He just did what he said he would do.

If you are in the Denver area, go see Justin Galbraith (Master Fitter and Builder) at the Highlands Ranch Club Champion. He was knowledgeable, friendly, and great to work with. I'll be going back to him for anything I need. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I do the same thing with my calendar invites and that happens to me a lot. Glad you had a good experience!!

Back